What's your goal weight?? Why did you choose that number??

Options

Replies

• Kwast
    Kwast Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'3 and my weight goal is 120-125 lbs. I am 150 lbs. and I'm always told that its fine and that I'm not big ,but I want to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal weight is 108lbs. I'm at 112.5 right now and just want to lose a few more.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I am not sure. I am 5'0" and used to feel fat at 109. Well, I had a high body fat that is why.
    So this time I'm going to see how it goes, because I am tracking body fat and building muscle, instead of doing the almost anorexic diet and never working out.

Right now I'm going for 125lbs, because it is a healthy weight range for me.
    My first mini goal is to lose 20 lbs - that will be put me at 145, and I haven't been that small for at least 6 years. I feel that with my weight training and body fat reduction, I'll look way better at 145 this time around, than last time.

Once I get there, I'll look at losing another 20 which will have me at 125. I expect to look different this time at that weight, but if I still don't like it I'll assess my situation and see what I need to do - another 5-10 after that might be good. I don't think I can go below 115 though, I'm built with a large chest and a bubble booty and those will never go away (but that's cool by me)
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my GW is anywhere between 140-160. The BMI chart says something closer to 120, but with my frame, and that weight, I honestly look anorexic. I've been that small before, it's wasn't pretty. So I figure I'll go with a higher number, and if I think I can lose more and still look healthy, I will, if not, then that's fine too.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Actually shooting for a number for BMI is pretty dumb, too. BMI is a measure used to evaluate populations and was never intended to look at specific people. BMI has no way of differentiating between "healthy" mass and "unhealthy" mass.
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My Goal 130.....Realistic goal to really really shoot for 135-140....I am 5'6" ....I got back down to 125 after my first child...and then I really started enjoying food. But since I have gained I don't feel great......knees hurt...legs drag.....I just wanna be at a happy and healthy weight. According to charts....I can still be a good weight at about 149.....so if I make it to that....then I just might go further.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    My goal weight is 160. That will be a 61 lbs loss. I will still be overweight but I want to hit 160 and maintain that for 6 months and then try to lose 10 more. I have lost down to under 150 a couple of times and could not maintain it so I want this time to be a realistic, maintable weight that I can live with for the rest of my life.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I'm female, 5'9" and 47 and have had 2 kids. My goal weight originally was 142 but when I have weighed that in the past I always felt like I needed to lose another 7 lbs. so I changed it to 135 which I hit a month ago. Now my goal is to drop body fat % because I still have jiggle and squishy parts on my abs and butt/upper thighs. As long as I stay in the 130's while I add more muscle and tone, I'll be really happy. 135 is the low end of healthy for my height and I actually am happy with how I look right now (but for that jiggle!)
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    123-125 maintained

Why?
    Well, back in the day I used to be 122, I think I was 19 years old. I got that weight from 150 I believe. I was pretty small, Wore size 5's.
    I'd just like to see what I'd look like again around that weight with the new "woman" body I have now. I feel I am the size now [129] that I was when I was 122, so maybe when Im 123, I'll be firmer! :P
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal weight was 140 ....before kids I was 125 but that was before I had boobs etc....I like my new curves so I choose a weight that was the top end of healthy BMI....once I get there I will re-access the situation because I might need to go a lil lower to get rid of this gut
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    I'm 5'7' and have been heavy the majority of my life. My inital goal was 180 which I am really close to at this time, but I readjusted my goal to 150. I will have to see how the weight loss looks. I can not remember the last time I was in the 150's, but I know I am wearing sizes now that I have not worn since high school. For me it is about being healthy and not what the scales or tags read.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"ish and my 1st goal weight was 125. I'd really like to be in the BMI range of 21. So I'd need my weight to be around 115-120lbs. Those number terrify me so I'm getting to 125 and seeing how I feel first.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I have my weight goal set at 150. That's mid range of a normal BMI for my height. Once I hit that number, I'll start working on body fat %.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    I chose 125 because of my height (5'2") and in relative to my sister's weight. She's about 1 inch taller and wighes about 120. She has no boobs though, and I want to keep mine.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 138 lbs right now. I don't intend to lose alot of weight. I'd be happy if I actually tone up and get rid of some of the fat that I have stored up inside me.
    130lbs would be the lowest I'd want to go if I wanted to lose weight.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My initial goal was 140 because I have a cousin who has the same body type as I do, and when she weighed 140, she had exactly the body that I was hoping to have ... curvy and feminine but not fat. I knew I may not look exactly like her at that weight because I'm a couple of inches shorter, but I figured that was a good place to start. I've since lowered my goal to 130. I'm 20 lbs away from that now, which would put my total weight-loss at 100 lbs.
  • maddiecrist123
    Options
    My goal weight is 130. It was around how much I weighed before my eating disorder, and I looked slim but healthy at that weight.
  • x_AmandaJayne_x
    x_AmandaJayne_x Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight it 145... I chose 145 because that was my pre-baby weight!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It's roughly 6-8% body fat if I do not gain any more muscle but if I do it will be even lower which I know I wont reach then so that is the lowest point in my range. I am shooting for 170-175 dependent on if I gain more muscle or not.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I just randomly picked 150 because it was a nice round number. After reading this thread I'm thinking that was dumb.
    SO I went and checked what 5'4 "healthy" weight is considered and it's from 117-145.5
    I'm not really 100% worried about the scale weight as I am the measurements. I get those done 1 a month!