Favorite Quotes

Options
2»

Replies

• WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    I love quotes! So I have a ton:

You can always close your eyes to the things you don't want to see...but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel

There comes a point in your life when you realize who cares, who never did, and who always will. Don't dwell on people from your past that have caused you pain. There's a reason they didn't make it to your future...

I take the good with the bad, Smile with the sad, Love what I got, And remember what I had. Always forgive, But never forgot, Learned from my mistakes, But never regret. People change, Things go wrong, I just remember…..Life Goes On.

Rent is due, car note too.
    Telephone and cable are all disconnected.
    Life is full of the unexpected.
    Never say never, or frown on what you wouldn't do,
    Until you've walked a mile in a poor man's shoe.
    Remember when you thought life was a joke?
    How funny is it now that you are Going Broke?

Dai nemici mi guardo io, dagli amici mi guardi Dio ("I (can) protect myself from my enemies; may God protect me from my friends! )

Don't judge me based on your ignorance

"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves."
    -Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom"- George S. Patton

" I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life'. I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one." I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back... I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. " - Maya Angelou

"In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down." - Brian Weir

"When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
    - Alexander Graham Bell

"You can't expect people to look eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them." - unknown

"To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to." - Kahlil Gibran

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
    - Confucius

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that i would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, " I used everything you gave me". - Erma Bombeck

"Chance is a small window , Opportunity is a Large Door". - Kano

"If it looks good you'll see it, if it sounds good you'll hear it, if its marketed right you'll buy it...but if its real, you'll feel it" - Kid Rock

"No person is your friend (or kin) who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow and be perceived as fully blossomed as you were intended." - Alice Walker

"If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people."
    - Virginia Woolf

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." -Albert Einstein

If you`re looking for reasons not to love someone, you`re probably going to find them, but sometimes we need to give in & let our hearts get what they deserve.
    -- One Tree Hill

“I love disjointed, non sequitur humor that’s mostly to make three or four of your friends laugh. I think we’re ready for the laugh-till-your-stomach-aches-and-then-wonder-what-you-just-said kind of comedy.”

I believe that two people are connected at
    the heart & it doesn’t matter what you do,
    or who you are, or where you live; there are
    no boundaries or barriers. If two people
    are destined to be together, they will be.

At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared, some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day & others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes… all you need is one. - One Tree Hill

Sometimes Pain becomes such a huge part of your life that you expect it to be there. Because you can’t remember a time when it wasn’t But then one day you feel something else. Something that feels wrong - only because it’s so unfamiliar. And in that moment… you are realize you’re happy. - One Tree Hill

It’s not about what you say, it’s about what you do. You don’t like the person you’ve become - then do something about it. ‘Cause non one’s gonna do it for you. - OTH

Life kick you around sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up. But there’s one day you realize you’re not just a survivor - you’re a fighter. You’re tougher than anything life throws your way - and you ARE. - OTH

Imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know it’s the greatest moment of your life and you get to experience it with one person. Who’s standing next to you? - Peyton OTH

Someone once said "It's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time." Me? .... I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember. Even if I don't write it down." - One Tree Hill

Sometimes people put up walls
    not to keep others out
    but to see who cares enough
    to tear them down

Giving up doesn't always mean your weak, it just means that you are strong enough to let go
    A wise girl kisses but never loves...Listens but never believes....And leaves before she is left

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." ~Bill Cosby

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. - Casey Kasem

"Learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present." Petra Nemcova

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past are certain to miss the future." John F. Kennedy

"The past cannot be changed the future is yet in your power." Mary Pickford

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldn't have fallen for the second." - Johnny Depp

"If you looked inside a girl you would see how much she really cries, you would find so many secrets and a lot of lies but what you'll see most is how hard it is to stay strong when nothing is right and everything is wrong."

"The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them."

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

"If something is not happening for you it doesn't mean it's never going to happen. It means you're not ready for it."

"When you're struggling with something look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something and to them its just as hard as what you're going through"

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon"
  • mvpas
    mvpas Posts: 4
    Options
    "If you do what you have always done, you will get what you've always "

This has helped me with the negatives as well as the positives.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The ones I love are:

"The death of one man means bread for another."- Unknown

"Enjoy when you can, suffer when you must." - Excerpt from People of the Lakes

"Love is one of the most intense emotions felt by man, the other is hate.... ....Without being able to experience one of these emotions you cannot fully experience the other."- Anton Lavey

and of course the classic "F** you, f*** you, f*** you, you're cool, and f*** you, I'm out!"- Half Baked
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    Heard this one this morning,

"Enemies are just friends in reverse" --- Gary Bussey

"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day" ----Notfucious
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -Hunter S. Thompson
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    'I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge--
    That myth is more potent than history.
    I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts--
    That hope always triumphs over experience--
    That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    And I believe that love is stronger than death.'

~Robert Fulghum, The Storyteller's Creed
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    "My god. I haven't been ****ed like that since grade school."
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    'I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge--
    That myth is more potent than history.
    I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts--
    That hope always triumphs over experience--
    That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    And I believe that love is stronger than death.'

~Robert Fulghum, The Storyteller's Creed

Love that!!!!!
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying. – Michael Jordan

The true measure of a man’s wealth is in the things he can afford not to buy. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination. – Tommy Lasorda
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    my brother always tells me

"mmmmm, mmmmm nothing taste better than thin air "
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    my tag
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My go-to inspiration:

"God didn't carry me along this far only to drop me on my head." ~ source unknown
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    "If you don't quiet down, I'm going to come in there and fill the room with uppercuts." -- My Dad
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Compassion before profit
    Creativity before conformity
    Spirit before materialism
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ~Fix yourself, before you try and break me~
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    What if dog was spelt c-a-t. - Revenge of the Nerds
    You get one shot at this life, have fun and live it up. - Me
    Dad, what are you doing? It's Shark Week. - Step Brothers
    Nice Beaver. Thanks I just got it stuffed. -Naked Gun
    Badges? We dont need no stinkin' badges. - Blazing Saddles
    You use your mouth prettier than a $20 *kitten*. - Blazing Saddles

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. - Monty Python Holy Grail

We are the Knights who say... NI. - Holy Grail

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. - Holy Grail

I know, sorry not the deep ones that is already here. I like to take the lighter side of life. These are some quotes I just love and laugh over and over again when I think about them or see the movie again. I am gonna have fun, mostly at the expense of myself......
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    "If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail."
    --David Brent

(i use this one daily at work) :devil:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence, serving it's purpose without obstructing the view" - Sophia Loren :)

Not the most motivational of my favourites, but it always makes me smile!