honest feedback---> new pics and even I'm scared

Options

Replies

• BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    hey there! we can't really judge you based on your pics, (because we're a cyber community) but please please please go to a doctor. i have seen this is your 2nd post on this topic, if this bothers you this much then go to a professional :D

I agree. We can all give you our opinions but you should consult a Dr. Given your height of 5'4" you're at the low end for height to weight ratio.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think you may have an eating disorder you look too skinny in both the 2nd and 3rd images and really should put a little weight on and work on muscle mass.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    People, please be respectful. Here's a person reaching out earnestly for help and opinions. These negative comments can be extremely hurtful. Most of us were/are fat. Imagine if we came here asking for help, and people basically responded "stop posting here and get yourself some help, fatty". Be respectful.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I say go see a doctor if you are concerned hun. Best of luck!
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree with Taso to show respect to the OP. She is posting a legitamate post asking for help. I recently posted about ana/mia posts and realized that they often do things like this because they need encouragement to get help. Perhaps she's nearing a breakthrough to recovery. All opinions are welcome, just try and keep an open mind and be kind :flowerforyou:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You look a little too thin, in my opinion but it is hard to say online but the feelings about fear is what sets off the alarm.The goal is to be healthy, is it not? Too thin is no more healthy than too fat. Here is a simple test to give you an idea where you are : It is just a gauge, I am not a Dr.
    http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/eat.htm

If you are feeling scared you probably should see your Dr. or a thereapist before it gets worse. I have someone very close to me with an eazting disorder. It never goes away and we have almost lost her and still may. Please do not take this lightly (no pun intended) or think that you can handle it yourself. There is no need for that. It's ok to admit if you need help. Please consider and take care of yourself.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I looked at your photos - both from today, and your post yesterday.

Yes, you are too thin. Yes, you should be worried. Yes, you should definitely do something about it.

Knowing you need to do something, and taking concrete steps toward that goal will give you strength, power, and confidence. This is a great opportunity to learn about who you really are and grow as a person. Plus, you have so many of us on MFP who are happy to support you and cheer you on.

So visit a doctor, a nutritionist, and a personal trainer, and go for it! :-)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I slipped down to 103 around feb and I felt and looked fine for my 5'6 frame but i bet many people on here would disagree. Im currently trying to gain a little to get bk to around 110-112 (im 107 now) but i hate it and have to do it slowly with days where i maintain not gain and im trying to up my protein :D

At 103, your weight is healthy.
    For a 5'1" woman.

5'6" should be between 116-147.

This makes me very sad.

Please make your health a priority, not your clothing size.
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    I agree with this poster, it seems to be bothering you which leads me to believe you know something is not right with your body, so please go see a doctor.
    hey there! we can't really judge you based on your pics, (because we're a cyber community) but please please please go to a doctor. i have seen this is your 2nd post on this topic, if this bothers you this much then go to a professional :D
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. I hope you can figure out the best and healthiest way that you need to go.

Continue to give her the advice of seeking help...hopefully it seeps in.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I have edited/removed some posts from this topic due to negative or insulting content. Please let us all remember that MFP should be a safe, welcoming place for anyone, at any stage of their journey to health. This includes someone who may be struggling with an eating disorder. We never want to discourage someone from seeking help. If you can't say something positive, don't say anything at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    How would you feel about working towards gaining some additional muscle mass? Your actual scale weight may stay the same or may even go down, but you will look and feel healthier and stronger. It's hard to tell from just pictures, but you probably don't need to lose any more weight.

If you think you may have an eating disorder, it might be worth contacting the National Eating Disorder Association at 1-800-931-2237 and just chatting with them to see if they have any sort of advice or guidance to offer.

Edit: Just wanted to also add that you don't look scary skinny. I would guess you're either at the low-end of "normal" or just a bit "under-weight". It's probably a good thing that you're taking a good hard look. If you start taking some steps to make sure you're on a healthy path, it means you won't fall far deep into that underweight category. It's brave of you to post this. I hope you find your way.

This
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I slipped down to 103 around feb and I felt and looked fine for my 5'6 frame but i bet many people on here would disagree. Im currently trying to gain a little to get bk to around 110-112 (im 107 now) but i hate it and have to do it slowly with days where i maintain not gain and im trying to up my protein :D

For a 5'1" woman.

This makes me very sad.

and what gives you the right to comment on my health when you know nothing about me, no idea of the circumstances or my goals.... getting a little sick of people attacking me on the forums because of my size. if i was over weight no one would do this so why do people think its acceptable to do it to someone underweight.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I thought in the first picture that you looked very healthy. The second two pics make it a little hard to judge IMHO. Here's why: I am almost 5'3", currently weigh 130-131 lbs. but am large boned with a very large ribcage (thanks, Dad!). So even now, when I'm at the top end of my healthy weight range, my ribs show pretty prominently.

All of that said, if you are starting to worry that you're too thin, it's really a good idea to talk to someone about it and get a professional opinion.
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options

For a 5'1" woman.

This makes me very sad.

I'm 5'6'', 110lbs and am very healthy. My doctors and trainer agree that my frame supports this weight and that if I were to be on the higher end of the range (130-147) like you suggest that I would be overweight and would be endangering my health. Please, lets try to respect each other and not be so quick to judge. We're all on our own journey.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are posting about concerns, and taking so many pictures while at a size that no one consider overweight shows that there is some kind of problem/unhappiness/etc. Regardless of your weight or appearance, you seem to be having some anxiety or concerns about weight that might be unrealistic or disproportionate to your actual size. Body dysmorphia is something that could lead to a eating disorder, so maybe you should consider talking to someone....a doctor, therapist, or even just someone you trust. You seem like a perfectly healthy girl, and i would like to see you stay that way!

(I mean this in the most respectful and caring way, i have suffered from an eating disorder, and its a path i wouldn't wish on anyone. Feel free to message me if you have questions about talking to someone)
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    And its your second post like this.... It just seems like a cry for attention. That being said, many people here have reccommended you see a therapist and I agree. I honestly wish you the best and I hope you get the information and support you were looking for.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Losing weight is just like any other activity that makes us feel good- it becomes addictive and sometimes we don't want to stop. If I could advise you to ensure you change your MFP profile to maintenance to acknowledge the end of the weight loss then have a chat with a counsellor. You may have lost the weight but not confronted the deeper issues yet.

Good luck
    Karen
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Just a quick reminder that posts insulting other users are not acceptable on the MFP forums. As first stated by LadyHawk, these forums are available to all individuals looking for help, support and advice regardless of their circumstances. Negative comments can often be counteractive and unhelpful, so please keep this in mind when posting.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
    Ms_Natalie
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!