5'7" -ers out there - what's your goal weight??

Options

Replies

• flutterqueen04
    Options
    My goal right now is 143 (to make it an even number lost...I am weird like that) but I will assess when I get there and see. I would honestly just like to get rid of the belly fat so if I can get that gone by 150 then I'll stop there, if not I'll keep going. The lowest I am willing to go is 130-135 range. I know my BMI says 155-120 is safe for me so I am aiming for somewhere in the middle. :)
  • astromachine
    astromachine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I'd like to be around 110 or less. :)

i wouldn't recommend going below 127, anything less and it's unhealthy.
    wow i couldnt even imagine what i would look like at 110 im sure it would be just as scary as i look at 210. lol good luck to all

I'm at 116 right now and I look fine and don't have any medical problems. I have a small frame so I can afford to lose. :) I'm sure I won't look 'scary'.
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am really re-thinking my goal based of this thread, I was aiming for 170, but I too think I have quite a bit of musle as well. 143 sounds so low, not for anyone else but me though. I think I will just concentrate on getting to 170 & go from there if I want to keep moving down. Thanks everyone for your oppinons & goals.
  • caesarslaw
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I weigh 155 now - I put my goal weight at around 145 but ideally I would be in low 140s or 130s but I think it was easier for me to just set a realistic goal. Fingers crossed that it works
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and remember myself before kids being about a size 8 at 160 or so. So that is my initial goal. Once I get there I'd like to see if I can get down to a size 6 depending on how I feel at an 8. So I have set an ultimate goal of somewhere between 145-150. That would also give me a little room for error. Good luck to ALL!
  • fridaythe13th
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my SW is 134.0 lbs. I have been doing this for almost 2 weeks and have not changed in weight . My GW is around 125, 126 lbs. I am tall and almost lanky looking (thin arms and broad shoulders, NO chest) but I noticed most of my weight gain has been around my stomach, hips, thighs, and want to cut some of that out and fit into my clothes better :)

It was interesting to read what the other 5'7ers GW are! They range from such a wide spectrum!
  • knrbaker
    knrbaker Posts: 21
    Options
    Im about 5'6" and once upon a time I was 150lbs and happy with how I looked and very healthy, so that is my goal. A size 8/10 at any weight would be nice too ;-) Good luck with your journey.
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    My goal weight is 122.
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    140 would be ideal for me but my long term goal is 145. 7 lbs to go. I guess if I was anywhere inbetween the 140-145 that would be great. Although who knows. at that I still might not be happy with how I actually look to myself so we'll see.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Technically I'm 5' 6-3/4" (according to my doctor) but I round up to 5'7" :) My goal weight is 135, which is what I weighed last summer. I have gained about 15 pounds this school year, mostly from bingeing :/ I was 115 at one point in my life (a previous weight loss adventure, when I was young and had NO idea what I was doing) but I absolutely CRINGE looking back at old pictures of myself at that weight. On my frame, that was wayyy too skinny.
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 155-160 and see how I look / feel then.
  • stred321
    stred321 Posts: 48
    Options
    I am just under 5'8 and have a very slight frame....my goal weight is 125. I am 135 now, my starting weight was 142 -my heaviest in ten years!!!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I can't wait to be 170 again! I have an atheletic build under all this flab somewhere and I weighed about 160/170 in high school and was totally happy there!!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for about 160 to start. We'll see if I can get much below that without starving myself ;)

Ditto!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I'd like to be around 110 or less. :)

i wouldn't recommend going below 127, anything less and it's unhealthy.
    wow i couldnt even imagine what i would look like at 110 im sure it would be just as scary as i look at 210. lol good luck to all

I'm at 116 right now and I look fine and don't have any medical problems. I have a small frame so I can afford to lose. :) I'm sure I won't look 'scary'.

oh no no i wasnt saying anyone else would look scary at that weight i was saying i def would basically because i have wide shoulders and big breasts that ive had since i first got them so i doubt they will go away. lol if i only weighed 110 about 30 of that would be up top so im sure id look very weird. lol
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm trying for 150...
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and want to be 130 at the lowest or 145 at the highest. (138 average)
  • Arielnesika
    Arielnesika Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My goal sounds high now! I'm aiming for 180ish but I'm not even sure of that. My LBM is 161 and if I keep all that, 180 might be lower than I need. My real goal is 20% body fat!
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm at about 5'8" and my goal is 160. But that's just my initial goal. Once I get down there I may re-evaluate to see if losing a few more is realistic. I already have a big enough goal, I don't want to overwhelm myself!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and at my goal weight of 122lbs :)