MFP Friends, Thursday April 14th, just becasue.

Options
13»

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    one more thing... I was just verbally assaulted on my page for throwing away an order of french fries yesterday. seriously. go look at my page and look at the little "status" that comes up when you complete your diary for the day... WOW
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What a great thread... It is so nice to be able to talk with others who understand what you are going through. There are so many people at work that want you to eat this or that (and make you feel guilty for not eating the 100th cookie that someone brought in), go out to lunch, etc and don't understand that you have goals that you are trying to achieve. And, honestly I don't even care to explain to them either.

Speaking of fish... I don't eat any at all, but just ordered some Fish Oil supplements with Omega 3's in it from Swanson's online. Pretty excited to start taking those. Anyone else take fish oil?

Have a great day!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    one more thing... I was just verbally assaulted on my page for throwing away an order of french fries yesterday. seriously. go look at my page and look at the little "status" that comes up when you complete your diary for the day... WOW

Wow, not cool.

My rant is that I went to the commissary today and it blows rocks that eating healthy is more expensive than eating junk. Also, does anybody have any awesomely yummy recipes for turkey burger patties?
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    AK & Sabribna, glad you could join us.

Never taken fish oil but glad you are excited about it. I hate taking any pills or supplements if I don't have to. My Dr. keep getting on me about taking multivitamins. I do good for a few days, maybe a week and then I start trailing off on them unitl I am not taking them at all.

I read that Rant and couldn't beleive how badly this guy was chastising her for throwing away cold fries. Said it inufriated him. I get that there are starving people in the worl, I do. But the left over fires on my tray that got cold, or the piece of sandwich that I couldn't finish, isn't the naswer to worlds hunger problems. Tl made a good point, even if hse hadn't ordered htose fries and thrown them away, they weren't going to go to any hungry people anyway. We need to change governments and world econmies if we want to end world hunger.to big of a topic to get into for me.. enough of my soap box...
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I can't catch a break.

My bossses wife just came through here with a big easter basket dropping off candy. Yeah I could have said, thanks but no thanks, but I've learned you nver tell the Bosses wife no. Just graciosuly accept and act like you are so thrilled she thought of you.

I got a desk full of Hershey kisses. Oh and her name is Cookie, so now I want one of those as well. Maybe TL has some left over Oreo pancakes she hasn't thrown away. inside joke... sorta...

I will be good and go drop this off on another coworkers desk. I may hust have one kiss though. One kiss isn't really cheating is it?
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    I can't catch a break.

My bossses wife just came through here with a big easter basket dropping off candy. Yeah I could have said, thanks but no thanks, but I've learned you nver tell the Bosses wife no. Just graciosuly accept and act like you are so thrilled she thought of you.

I got a desk full of Hershey kisses. Oh and her name is Cookie, so now I want one of those as well. Maybe TL has some left over Oreo pancakes she hasn't thrown away. inside joke... sorta...

I will be good and go drop this off on another coworkers desk. I may hust have one kiss though. One kiss isn't really cheating is it?
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    No....one kiss is not cheating. :wink:
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    So NOW I freakin have a rant.
    I got to work and my boss was there... she is standing there and I'm making sandwiches and she starts asking me to do 900 things while I'm already doing something and she's just standing there. :explode:

THEN

She asks if I got her message. I'm like.... ummm????? she goes on to tell me that she cannot honor my request off for Easter because it is my weekend to work and I don't have kids so I can work holidays. THIS IS A WEEK BEFORE EASTER AND WTF?!?! I DONT HAVE A FAMILY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE KIDS?! Ok well... I'm not usually an overly emotional person but this just hit me the right way and I was P-I-S-S-E-D!!!!! I was so angry I started crying while making the sandwiches. I picked up this stupid job to make enough money for gas to get 45 minutes away 4 days a week for nursing school. I couldnt stay full-time at my OTHER job because it is 45 ninutes in the OPPOSITE direction of school. SO I am working at a freakin CONVEINENCE STORE and she's going to tell me I can't go visit my 87 year old GRANDMOTHER on freakin EASTER SUNDAY because I dont have any kids?! You have got to be ****ting me. I am STILL angry.
    So what do I do? I write a letter saying that if I have to quit in order to have Easter off, so be it. Family means more than a paycheck. And honestly I am not staying here when she's probably only going to put me on 4 hours sunday (less than $35) instead of driving the 450 miles to see my family I only get to see twice maybe 3 times a year. FIRE ME. DO IT. I am so pissed I dont even CARE. If it was a real job....yea I'd be more flexible and understanding. This is a minimum wage part-time job at Stewarts. there are 4 other people who work there who dont have children either. Make them freakin work. They all have family who they see every day.

Ok. thanks for letting me vent. I am so angry I want to punch a wall!!:mad: :sad: I was in such a good mood earlier too! Its beautiful out. I walked to work. Then this! GRRR

OH! And she put me on the schedule ALONE today for 5 hours. ALONE. Im like.... beyond frustrated!!!!

In good news... our new ambulance JUST ARRIVED in town at 6pm and I am headed up to the firehouse in a few to check her out! SO EXCITEDDDD I saw it driving down the road and it's beautifulll. I'll have to take some photos.

Hope everyone else is having a better day than me. !!!!!!:noway:
  • liz89118
    liz89118 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Actually subway sodium is killer in the high 1000 for various subs on the fit 6 grams of fat and under line.. I buy low sodium turkey at the deli because I hate pre-packaged ones...

Eating out is soo hard and the sodium kills me too .. I think the suggestion of chicken and salad with dressing on the side is your best bet. I order a plain potato dry then chop up chicken and eat that.. I'm okay with a dry potato.. others might not be so ask for a dressing on the side.. I want to say last time I checked Wendys small chili had less sodium than a Subway sandwich..

Anyhow good luck!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Again, I'm lazy and dont' wanna read back. bite me, ok?

I ended up having a fabulous day today. I got to help my friends husband surprise her and the kids when he came home from Afghanistan today. I held the video camera and followed him into the house and the kids were just so ecstatic to see their daddy. Even typing it right now just brings tears to my eyes. It was so amazing!

What was NOT amazing was that he and the soldier (also a good friend of mine) that was driving him were supposed to park around the corner, where I parked. We agreed to park around the corner so she wouldn't see any of our cars on the street. As I was getting out of my car and walking over to sit on the trunk until they got there, they pulled past me and pulled into the driveway... so I had to RUN MY *kitten* OFF to get there in time to catch him going through the door. The both laughed their *kitten* off at me! *kitten*! LOL

So you can hear me panting, trying to catch my breath in the video lol, I sound like a total creeper lol.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    lol kinda like that kid from hey arnold!! LMAO
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    lol kinda like that kid from hey arnold!! LMAO

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    lol. is that show still around?? im out of the loop on "kid" things now that my god daughter is 10 and a "big girl" and lives 450 miles away too :o(
    One day soon I'll have a kid or kids in my life again, though!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    I have no idea... If it's not on Disney or Nick Jr. we don't watch it lol... I absolutely HATE anything cartoon network shows. And spongebob. Geez I wish he'd get caught in an evil fishermens net and DIE!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Once when my kid was about 9, we drove from New Mexico to California. She watched the same damn Spongbob video over and over again. I wanted to throw myself out of the car.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Once when my kid was about 9, we drove from New Mexico to California. She watched the same damn Spongbob video over and over again. I wanted to throw myself out of the car.

oh dear god how did you keep from doing it? do you need therapy now? Are you an alcoholic because of it? drugs? if you are WE ARE HERE FOR YOU! And no one blames you!

ok MAYBE that was a bit dramatic... none the less... I would have strangled myself with the charger cord from the DVD player. LOL