p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options

Replies

• chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Quick question to my fellow P90X 'ers. I've incorporated the P90X cardio exercises into my weight lifting program since running is just way too boring for me, and was wondering how you chart down the cardio done on this sites workout charts.

By the way, I can't wait for Plyo tomorrow!

I just keep it simple. I log everything I do each night under one exercise, and just enter the calories burned according to my HRM.
  • markymark39
    Options
    Finished week 2 Chest & Back this morning. Down 5 lbs since beginning so that's encouraging...

Went to do my standard push-ups at the beginning and had a sharp pain down my left side from my lat to my hip....well that's that good. did a few of those, but had to do modified push-ups the rest of the way. kind of a bummer but i wanted to finish. not sure what caused the strain, but i'll have to monitor it closely until it heals up.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So today is Yoga...I just don't think I can bring myself to do it. I'm thinking of doing plyo again, LOVE the calorie burn I get from it. Thoughts or suggestions?

I've notice a big difference this week in my my strength and I'm not as sore as I was the first week! I'm surprised how fast I'm improving on my ability to keep up!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wait until i'm out of the zone before stopping my HRM.

I always stop my HRM as soon as I'm done with the workout. No wonder my numbers are always so low!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Quick question to my fellow P90X 'ers. I've incorporated the P90X cardio exercises into my weight lifting program since running is just way too boring for me, and was wondering how you chart down the cardio done on this sites workout charts.

You enter the exercise yourself and log in the calories your HRM says you burned.
  • markymark39
    Options
    So today is Yoga...I just don't think I can bring myself to do it. I'm thinking of doing plyo again, LOVE the calorie burn I get from it. Thoughts or suggestions?

I've notice a big difference this week in my my strength and I'm not as sore as I was the first week! I'm surprised how fast I'm improving on my ability to keep up!

how about you add the stretching to the end of the plyo workout or do a few of the yoga positions? i
  • chelios7
    Options

how about you add the stretching to the end of the plyo workout or do a few of the yoga positions? i

It's yoga for me tonight, but I'm sticking with it. I like to think big picture and I figure the benefits of keeping it in my routine will benefit me in the long run. I don't think it would have included it if it wasn't important.
  • mbeach1977
    Options

It's yoga for me tonight, but I'm sticking with it. I like to think big picture and I figure the benefits of keeping it in my routine will benefit me in the long run. I don't think it would have included it if it wasn't important.

I think I'm going to start with the yoga, and when it gets too repetitive, I'll fast forward a bit to something new. My husband missed yoga last week so we will give it a go together this time
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done now. 82 more to go. Going to love typing "Day 82 done. 8 more to go."
  • chelios7
    Options
    Day 8 done now. 82 more to go. Going to love typing "Day 82 done. 8 more to go."

Haha, awesome. I agree!
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    week 2 day 1, chest and back is done! This workout along with back and biceps are the two I look forward to the most. Now at work and I can feel the pain in my abs from ab ripper. love it!
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 Yoga done, it wasn't as boring as last week. :wink:
  • chelios7
    Options

I actually agree. I didn't mind it as much. I wish it was maybe 15-20 minutes shorter though! My goal here is to do the wheel by day 90, I don't know if my body was meant to bend like that!
  • mbeach1977
    Options

I actually agree. I didn't mind it as much. I wish it was maybe 15-20 minutes shorter though! My goal here is to do the wheel by day 90, I don't know if my body was meant to bend like that!

I agree that it could be a litte shorter, 90 minutes is a long time! I "can" do the wheel, BUT, I choose not too, as I get a cramp when I do!, lol I'm glad I stuck with it. Good for for you for plowing though it too!!
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options

I agree that it could be a litte shorter, 90 minutes is a long time! I "can" do the wheel, BUT, I choose not too, as I get a cramp when I do!, lol I'm glad I stuck with it. Good for for you for plowing though it too!!

Week 2 plyo done! as far as yoga, i do mix it up a bit. I do the first 50 min until it gets to the balance postures (no thanks) I then fast forward until yoga belly 7. it takes about 20 min off and it helps. In the past it didnt seem to effect my results at all.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Ok I only made it 30 minutes with Yoga ... (first time was yesterday) but I didnt think it was boring... hmm you must in much better shape than I :)
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Today was day 5 for mefor the lean schedule! I think the hardest part for me to do si the ab ripper - its almost impossible :(... Also the 1st 45 mins of yoga was pretty bad too.. but the last 45 mins not so much. Im excited to see what my results are going to be at the end! I love it!
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A bit behind the starting point but p90x should be arriving at my door tomorrow and I hope to work at it for the first time alongside all of you. I have to say I'm extremely excited but also fairly nervous as to what this will have in store for me haha. But seeing everyone's progress on here is really encouraging! :)
  • jaia07
    jaia07 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm doing Lean. I got to the 3rd week, but I took 3 days off one time, and 2 days off another... Both due to drinking. I've vowed not to drink anymore as it's just an all-around setback, and now I've restarted to punish myself! Today was Day 2 of Lean, but I'm doing extra. Yesterday I did Core and Abs, today it was Cardio + an 90 mins of studio yoga. If anyone wants a p90x buddy I'd love to chat about it! I think my friends are getting sick of hearing about it.
  • jaia07
    jaia07 Posts: 22
    Options
    Also, I just have the workouts... what's the meal plan like? Can you give me some examples?