COTTAGE CHEESE!

Options

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I add a T. of blueberry preserves...yum-o.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    First Cottage Cheese = YYYUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYY
    GREAT Source of Protein
    I eat it on tomatoes
    Whole wheat toast - yes, this is good
    With crackers
    In Salad
    Baked potato
    With a little Italian dressing in it
    with fruit
    with veggies...really good with celery because you have the good crunch
    with a little hot sauce...this is also good with the celery...think hot wings and blue cheese without you know the meat or the blue cheese...LOL Ok, maybe you don't want to think hot wings after all.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love it with oranges in it!!!!
  • wwagw72
    wwagw72 Posts: 45
    Options
    I like it Blended smooth with strawberries and blueberries. I don't like the curdles. Weird, I know.!!
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    power pancakes:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla. mix in the blender. cook like pancakes. yum.

im bumping this!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Plain or with pineapple! The only problem with cottage cheese is the sodium, but it's high in protein so I won't give it up :)
  • robdog316
    robdog316 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese 1% or less, and Yougurt cup of your choice flavor. Mix togather and enjoy as a good snack option.
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wonderful suggestions!! Excited to try some!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I just like it plain. I've heard it's good mixed with pumpkin and maple syrup.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    power pancakes:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla. mix in the blender. cook like pancakes. yum.
    Sounds interesting. I'm gonna try it tonight. Maybe put in some cinamon or banana.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I can not get down. I can usually eat anything too. I don't know why.

Try getting the 4% fat cottage cheese...It's like a wole other animal... it is still pretty nutrient dense per calorie.

Because I was dieting I always bought the no-fat and always hated it.
    Then one day I a light bulb went of in the dairy section
    I transitioned from whole milk to 2% to 1% to half 1%/half skim to skim.

Why not try that with the cottage cheese & I went ahead and bought the 4% CC and you know what that's pretty darn nutrient dense. I've worked my way down to 2% Even if I don't get any farther still much healthier than, say, a package of ring dings (lol)
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I make salads, I mix in 1/4c cottage cheese with 1 tbsp light ranch. It moistens the salad so it feels like I have a lot of dressing, but for faaaar less calories and fat. I love it!
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs. Mix a couple of eggs with a 2-3 tablespoons of cottage cheese (instead of milk). Results in a fluffy yummy scambled egg. Protein packed breakfast.
  • hezzie7
    hezzie7 Posts: 8
    Options
    With cut up pineapple in it. I also like it on toast with a little pepper as a sandwich. Everyone I tell says that sounds disgusting but I love it and have since I was a small child.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm from Mass so I've found only 1 brand of cottage cheese that I like (Hood) and I eat it plain. I like the Chive and the Plain and I don't mix them with anything but a spoon :)
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe that we love.

ORANGE SALAD

makes a huge salad....cut in half for regular family meals

cottage cheese (I bought the medium size) -use entire tub for the whole recipe-
    1 large cool whip -use the 0 calorie for caloric reduction-
    2 pkg. small orange jello---put into salad dry
    1 large can pineapple-crushed and drained well
    2 cans mandarin oranges-drained well
    1 pkg. minature marsmallows
    I added pecans......but the recipe does not call for them.
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This sounds good. I'm going to try it tomorrow morning.:smile:
  • Ponpress05
    Options
    Love it mixed with fresh blueberries or just spread on toast instead of cream cheese!!!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Lovely in a baked potato. Yum as a "dip" to scoop up with some sliced peppers. But my favourite has to be cottage cheese with pineapple. Mmmm...

You're not from around these parts ....are ya? LOL
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    bump