No-BInge Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• spindowntime
    Options
    I'm currently at day 5...I feel like a binge could be coming on. I'm starting to think that as I get towards the end of the work week and question what I've done all week, my productivity, performance at work etc. I start to get down on myself. I'm hanging out with friends tonight doing something active. I'm hoping it will help to keep me on track.

Best wishes to you all!!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I did really well in February...until I hit my first 20lb loss goal. Since then i have been binging like i have never binged before. All day, every day. Chocolate, candy, popsicles, bread, pasta. You name it, I'll eat it. I need to get back on track. I feel sick just thinking about how good I was doing and then just throwing it all away.

I have been the same, its like I have some success, but then think its a chance for me to loss it again!
  • spindowntime
    Options
    I posted the following on a separate post on 3/5 and I wanted to share it with all of you because it truly was my AH HA moment!! Before I looked at the math and admitted to myself that even infrequent binging was detrimental to my weight loss I justified it...while I felt ashamed after binges I also found some enjoyment in them...I was eating all the foods I enjoyed (and usually until my stomach hurt). Now I am 6 days binge free and feeling in control, FINALLY!! When I have stressful days I've started calling my friend/dieting buddy to talk and it has helped immensely!

Here is the post that led me here:

I just binged. This is one of the first binges I have ever entered all of the calories for and they totaled, with my prior food of the day to 3000 calories. I also binged last night and guestimated it to be a 2500 cal day total for yesterday. However, after today's binge I thought that more honestly last night's was probably 3000 too. Then I started to think about how challenging it has been for me to lose weight. I tend to go up and down the same couple of pounds. I decided to do some math...here goes

On average I binge 8 days in a month (we'll say a month is ave. 30 days).

8x3000=24000

On the other days I would say I eat an average of 1500..I exercise and stay below my calorie goals.

22x1500=33000

24000+33000=57000/30=1900 ave. per day

For me to maintain my weight I have to eat 1770/day according to MFP, therefore I am on average eating 130calories more per day than I need to maintain. In a month that equals 3900 calories or 1.1lbs GAINED/Month.

It's no wonder my weight just goes up and down the same couple of pounds. Depending on when my binge was my weight fluctuates but if I don't get a handle on this I will just continue to gain weight. I really thought (until I looked at the math) that my binges were not so frequent as they once were and I would be able to lose weight in spite of them.

This has really been eye opening for me and I will do everything in my power to NEVER binge again. I know I have the emotional tools to handle the things that pushed me to binge in the past and now I have no excuse not to stop. If I don't stop binging I will NOT lose the weight I so desperately want to get rid of! Here we go, my diet starts NOW!!
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    My binging isn't so much of overportioning, it's moreso eating more than enough junkfood!
    So ill totally join this.

Today i was eating really awesome , and ended only 100 calories over...but i just had ONE chip and thought itd be fine, but then i forgot how good they tasted and ate like half the bag! So now im over 900 calories over my goal. (my goal is 1200, and today i got to about 2200...with 200 calories burned from working out)

So maybe having to check in daily will help me not eat the junkfood in my house!
    :) tomorrow will be day 1!
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi There, Is this challenge still on? Can I join and make tomorrow my Day 1?? :wink: