Best/Worst Weight Loss "Gadget"

Options
I hope this is the best place for this question...

What's the best, most useful gadget you've bought to help with weight loss?

What's the worst, most useless and gimmicky gadget?

My best is a tie between my Ninja food processor and my pedometer. Probably my Ninja.

My worst is [blush] the ShakeWeight :blushing:

Replies

• alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My best is the kitchen scale. Although that isn't why I bought it. Worst was probably the ab roller years ago.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Best - my HRM. Don't know how I ever believed in the calories burned before I got one.

Worst - Hmmm.... probably the 30 DS which is terrific for most people, but I can't do it because my knees are so bad.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hee hee! I can't keep a straight face when discussing the Shake Weight. If you've seen the YouTube commercials! lol

Best investment: Hands down, the Rubbermaid ProduceSaver bowls! Keeping fruits & vegy's fresh longer.

Worst investment: My scale! lol :tongue:
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    best-heart rate monitor watch, also new running shoes and treadmill
    worst- nutrisystem is only one I could think of
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ahaha ShakeWeights ;)

Interesting questions though! My best would definitely be my Polar FT7 HRM. Won't do cardio without it now!

My worst hmm well because I'm a poor young student I haven't really spent money on items I wasn't 100% sure would be worth it but my mother a year or so back purchased one of those Sauna Belts. You know the ones that were supposed to magically melt away fat by heating up your midsection. :laugh: I'll admit I used it a few times when she first got it to see if it might work. Needless to say, absolutely not.
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    best : my iphone/ipod....I cannot go to the gym w/out it; I've been known to walk in the gym and turn around and walk out if I ain't got it. ( back in the day it was my portable cd player and before that my walkman :laugh: )
    worst: body fat calipers like any regular human knows how to properly use those things on themselves.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My kitchen scales, pedometer, HR monitor (with chest strap) - and the correct size storage containers. 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup and cup - nothing bigger for taking lunches to work, and other "eating outside home" situations.

Worst HR monitor without strap - and Zumba DVD's (only because I have not used them yet!!)
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    pretty much any of those "ab" exercise gadgets are the worst since they are selling them based on general ignorance of the public (who want a 6 pack but don't realize you need low body fat to get one, and those ab machines won't give you low body fat percentage).

and my best is definitely my ipod. music/calorie counter/workout log - awesome
  • susancelli928
    Options
    The worst...SHAKE WEIGHT... THE BEST....KITCHEN SCALE
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The worst...SHAKE WEIGHT... THE BEST....KITCHEN SCALE

Thank you for saving me from my lonely embarrassment with the Shake Weight, Susan, lol.

Hmm, I think I may need to look into getting a HR monitor. And I forgot about my kitchen scale...definitely a huge calorie saver.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    What kind of HRM do you guys recommend? I'm in the market for one right now. I really need to know what I burn outside of my elliptical. MFP way over exggerates burned calories I've noticed.

I'm also looking for a good kitchen scale.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Best has to be my HRM (Polar F6).. worst has to be all the pedometers I have bought and discarded because they never seem to work .. don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't seem to get an accurate count on these things
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    pretty much any of those "ab" exercise gadgets are the worst since they are selling them based on general ignorance of the public (who want a 6 pack but don't realize you need low body fat to get one, and those ab machines won't give you low body fat percentage).

and my best is definitely my ipod. music/calorie counter/workout log - awesome
    totally agree! When ppl ask me about some "ab" machine that they say in an infomercial on t.v. and want my opinion on whether they should buy it...I'm like " Bruce Lee dint use no dam Ab roller!"
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Best is definetly my Polar HRM (FT7), My 10 lb. Kettlebell and IPOD........The Worst would have to be some workout games I have bought for my Wii.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Best purchase: my treadmill so I can walk all year round.

Don't know that I've tried to use "gadgets" to lose weight, so I can't think of a worst off the top of my head.

Just eat healthy as often as I can, walk a lot, and record what I eat.

Kaye
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Best my Polar FT7 HRM (thanks Randee for the suggestion), my kitchen scales, smaller storage containers, treadmill.... my worst would have to be the 30 day shred.... Im to lazy for that business I knew better
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Best: Treadmill. Lots of people told me not to get it because it'll become the most expensive hanger ever but it has saved my life.

Worst: Ali Diet Pill. I would only recommend this to people who enjoy sh*tting their pants. As it turns out, I do not.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Best: Treadmill. Lots of people told me not to get it because it'll become the most expensive hanger ever but it has saved my life.

Worst: Ali Diet Pill. I would only recommend this to people who enjoy sh*tting their pants. As it turns out, I do not.

You almost made me pee my pants reading this! LMAO!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Best gadget.... good pair of tennis shoes!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options

You almost made me pee my pants reading this! LMAO!

I did pee my pants!!! :laugh: :laugh: