Hundred Push Ups - November

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I believe you can make 100 by Thanksgiving, MM. You are doing awesome! :love: Way to go, cmriverside, 3BB and Roni on getting started.

Sorry I've been missing for a few days. I'm kinda going "rogue" on the program this week. :laugh: Today I just did 5 sets of as many REALLY low, slow pushups as I could do. I went down so my chest almost touched the floor. That was hard! I guess I have only really been going down halfway. :embarassed: Because when I did them that way - I only did 12! Oh no! :blushing: My shoulder was hurting a bit today and I was tired, but it's still a little surprising. My husband says I should just keep doing them the way I have been until I get to 100, and then I can work on improving my form if I want. I'm still undecided. I think I will finish out this week doing them slow, and then see if that helps improve my overall total when I do them the other way. No matter what, I am keeping at it!

On the other hand, I am thinking I may have to take a 'flex' picture like Melissa's soon - I'm getting pretty proud of my arms! :happy:
  • tookieb
    Options
    Hi there, I started to do the 100 pushup challenge a few weeks ago, I did the test (got 6 done), Did day1 level2, did D2L2.....got the flu quit until today. I did not bother doing the pre-test over, I just thought I would do as many as I can and see where I land. I have also been doing TMT which I think helped because I really surprised myself. I did:

1 - 10
    2 - 12
    3 - 7
    4 - 7
    5 - 10
    Total = 35

Yay me :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I went into week 2 strong and then started having spasms in my traps....whew pulled my shoulders up to my freakin ears! LOL

Welp Doc says "Duh, with a herniated disc in your neck that might not be a good idea!"

SO I am still doing 30-50 push ups 3 times a week...cuz I was ok at that. My arms and shoulders are bea-u-ti-ful and I am a very happy girl.

I will drop in to say Hi or cheer y'all on!

You gals rock! But I gotta roll! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (ok, so I thought it was funny!!!)
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    CP, I thought about trying to work on going down lower too, but I decided that I am so close to the end that I just want to get it done. I'd hate to hurt myself at this point changing my form in any way, even if just going down lower, so that I have to stop for a few days or a week. I will probably work on it when I finally get to hundred. Maybe go back to the 3rd-4th week and do that...if I can do that many.
    Hey tookie! Welcome back! Sorry you got the flu but I'm glad you are better now. Way to go on the push ups! Awesome!
    AWTY, you have to come back in and say hi! We'll miss your silliness! :wink: Sorry about your disc, but I'm glad you still get to keep doing some and that your arms look awesome! :happy:
    I'll post again tomorrow with day 3!
    MM
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    You are all doing fantastic! I'm so glad to have each one of you here! Even if you are only able to do 1 or 3, it is great that you are here! After one week you will be encouraged and amazed by your progress!
    I did week 6 level 3 day 2 today. I really was not in the mood at all! But I pumped them out as fast as I could. I know I didn't get that low but I will work on that next week.

Day 2, Week 1 complete (still level 1) .....and I did 10 on that last set, up from 6 on Monday. Progress! MM, I agree -- it's amazing to make progress :happy: who knew! LOVE your thread, stickin' to it. Pinky promise! :smooched:

Cheryl
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Ok everyone! I FINALLY MADE IT PAST WEEK 2!:drinker: :happy: :bigsmile: I got to 16, and let me tell you, it was really, really tough, I struggled a lot on the last one, but pushed thru and MADE IT! So now on to Week 3!!!! here I come!!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!

MM: you are doing so fantastic, you are totally giving me encouragement by just being you!

And welcome to all the new people! I started out doing level one and thought I was going to die, and just 4 weeks later (took a week off in there somewhere) I can now do 16! So keep w/ it. it gives you so much motivation b/c you can really see your progress!

Later! Laura
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    WOO! Week 1, Level 1, Day 2

set 1 - 3
    set 2 - 4
    set 3 - 2
    set 4 - 3
    set 5 - 17! YAY!

and now my 3yo is on my mat doing "hiccups" LMBO...which looks a lot like a downward dog bobbing his head. Ridiculous. :laugh:

Good job laurabelle! I'm amazed at how quickly I've been seeing progress in myself as well! Just warming up to do the challenge, there's been a big difference! Go us (ALL of us!)! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good job Laurabelle and 3BB! I get so encouraged when I hear about all the women doing this!
    Today was L3D3. I did not feel up to doing it. Plus it got all messed up due to my son. I had to stop half way through the 7th set to rescue my son who was being naughty. When I got back to it I forgot about set 8 so I went straight to the last set. I was mad enough to pump them out. (I guess some one needs to tick me off before I do my test!) Then I realized I missed a set so I threw on an extra 30. Could have done more but I didn't.
    1&2-26
    3&4-33
    5&6-26
    7-12?
    9-67 (whoo hoo!)
    8-30=279
    So it's messed up but it's done. I am not sure I am going to test this weekend. I might wait till next weekend. Anyone want a little boy for a few hours? :laugh:
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I have enough boy over here...then again, they'd probably have a ton of fun together! Bring him over...see in you about, what...12-18 hours? Or are you flying? :bigsmile: I hope it gets better!
  • tookieb
    Options
    Oops
  • tookieb
    Options
    Good job Laurabelle and 3BB! I get so encouraged when I hear about all the women doing this!
    Today was L3D3. I did not feel up to doing it. Plus it got all messed up due to my son. I had to stop half way through the 7th set to rescue my son who was being naughty. When I got back to it I forgot about set 8 so I went straight to the last set. I was mad enough to pump them out. (I guess some one needs to tick me off before I do my test!) Then I realized I missed a set so I threw on an extra 30. Could have done more but I didn't.
    1&2-26
    3&4-33
    5&6-26
    7-12?
    9-67 (whoo hoo!)
    8-30=279
    So it's messed up but it's done. I am not sure I am going to test this weekend. I might wait till next weekend. Anyone want a little boy for a few hours? :laugh:
    MM
    No I have a boy of my own. Today my last "12"pushups were actually 8. I figured I could count doing 8 pushups as 12 because my 2year old was sitting on my back. I don't think that's cheating is it ?(he does weight 30 pounds)
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 Level 1!

Whew!!!:noway:
    1-10
    2-12
    3-7
    4-7
    5-9

A total of 44 pushups!!!!! YES!!!!! Never thought that was possible. :bigsmile:
    Keep at it everyone!!!
    Laura
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Girly-style, but I'll take it still. :tongue:

Week 1 complete. That last set -13 - three more than day two! Yay me. I'm going to report "progress," at least I feel some sense of accomplishment that way.....30 for the day.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this one too, but starting tomorrow.:happy: hm4
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Welcome hm4! I just started last week, as did Roni & I think a couple others, so you won't be alone in the newbi catagory!

So I did Week 2, Day 1, Level 1 today

20 (min. 6)
    so, 38 total! Yippy! I'm getting there!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It's awesome that so many folks have joined the challenge. I am away on business this weekend, but I am back on track with my pushups. I decided to go back to level 1 on week 6. MM, I am thinking you are right - if I change my form now too much, it could line me up for an injury that could slow my progress. Going back to level 1 is a good compromise because it's still hard, but I don't feel like I have to cheat or rest the way I did on level 2. Next week I may try level 2 again.

50 (minimum 40)
  • tookieb
    Options
    How often does everyone post their progress? At the end of every week or every time you do your pushups?

I did my week 1 day 3 yesterday.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Week 2 day 2

10, 12, 9, 9, and 13 - getting there slowly but hey I'm getting there. Have a great day everyone.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay so I kind of tested today. I know I am not getting as low as I can, but I'm not worried about that so much. I also go as fast as I can pump them out.
    I had to stop halfway for about 1-2 seconds to adjust my feet which were slipping. I managed to get out 80!!!! :love: I'm very happy with that!
    Not to be vain but I have thought about recording myself because I want to see if I am really doing them and doing them right. So I might do that soon. I am going to try to do a few more now. I think on Thursday or Friday I am going to try to do as many as I can again, take a break and do some more. I'll get back to the program next week.
    Yipee! I'm excited! :bigsmile:

tookie, I post every time I do push ups. Some people post just once a week. It's whatever you want to do.
    Welcome hm4!
    I am looking at everybody's numbers and I am so impressed and excited to see how you all are improving every week! Some of you could only do three or so girly push ups to start and now you are doing over 20! It's really encouraging and awesome! Keep it up!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Level 1, Week 2, Day 2

21 (min. 7)
    TOTAL = 40! yippy!

I did them closer together today b/c my son was making me nutty while I was trying to do them so they weren't great quality, but they were pushups! Woo hoo!