How honest is too honest?

Options
BunnybeeJG
BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
In a relationship there are usually unspoken boundries.. some people get squeemish sharing past relationships, or peeing in front of each other ... even things like farting or other unmentionable activities are off limits.

two things..
my boyfriend knows my menstruation cycle better than I know it...
and second...
I don't see a need to not tell him... i'm going to the bathroom i have to poop.
lol

Is that a line most of you wouldn't cross?
how honest is pushing the line and boundries to you in your relationships... mine used to be sharing my actual weight number... but since I have even that initial thing has gotten much better bc he's my other half and being honest with him is almost like a beginning to being honest with myself...

but i wondered anyone has anything they consider to be too open and honest? or ... like me ... is it just an anything goes.

and why are you afraid to be honest about whatever are your line drawers... is it a fear of judgement?

Replies

• strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    ill tell anyone anything

i cant stand it when people are uptight and reserved

but of course i have class
    i dont go up to a stranger and say HEY DUDE IM TOTALLY OVULATING RIGHT NOW ISNT THAT COOL

but if my husband asks me why im being such a crab i wouldnt think twice before shouting MY PERIOD! >:{
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, everything is shared with my husband :bigsmile:
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    zOMG. Seriously. I'm the WORST person in the world to answer this. X-D

I'd tell YOU when my cycle is and if I have to poop. I'm pretty much missing that part of the brain that stops me from spouting TMI. :-D
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with a lady being honest about stuff,am an adult and it doesn`t affect me.
    As far as TOM it is okay to know so as to be respectful as well as understanding.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been married almost ten years. There's hardly any boundaries left at this point!

Total TMI:

There have been times that made even pooping in front of him necessary. But I refuse to wipe in front of him.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My husband and I share everything. Hell even when we were dating it was completely open. I mean, it's fairly common for me to be like, Dude, I have poop. Then get up and go. I have no problem sharing it with him. He also is the same way and we think it's hilarious.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm honest about everything, but I have never pooed in front of anyone. I don't even want to be there so I wouldn't subject anyone else to it unless there was no alternative.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I personally have boundaries.. some things are, well, just private. I don't have any problem with TOM info but as far as bathroom behavior, to me that's private. I don't share it and I don't expect my other half to share it either. It's a "need to know" basis as far as I'm concerned..
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've been married almost ten years. There's hardly any boundaries left at this point!

Total TMI:

There have been times that made even pooping in front of him necessary. But I refuse to wipe in front of him.

OMG...you totally crack me up! :laugh:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with discussing TOM or poop with DH.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to be open with most things, but in a relationship I can't get in to toilet activity if it's more than a wee! I can with certain friends though. :indifferent:

I wouldn't wee in front of a boyfriend, but occasionally I have when drunk around a girl friend.

I think it would cause trouble if your other half wasn't aware of TOM in some situations... :wink: :laugh:
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i dont share the bathroom thing but then again i also can not use a public wc so i def have a thing about bathrooms lol ...
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife is very reserved about her TOM, but I would rather know than not. There are things that I know not to discuss with her, such as her weight. I'm very careful about talking to her about my successes as well because I don't want her to get self-conscious.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options

he's my other half and being honest with him is almost like a beginning to being honest with myself...

but i wondered anyone has anything they consider to be too open and honest? or ... like me ... is it just an anything goes.

and why are you afraid to be honest about whatever are your line drawers... is it a fear of judgement?

Wow, I think that's beautiful and healthy. Good relationships need reality - you can't have a really strong one if you have to put up a front all the time.

Mind you, I'm a big fan of not grossing others out for no good reason - for example, I have frequent colds and I don't hack and spit mucus in front of other people if i can help it. I go in the bathroom and clear my sinuses so I don't have to make others gag. i don't announce what I'm going to go do in the bathroom because it seems unnecessary - we all know what happens in a bathroom.

But as long as the two of you are comfortable with each other I don't see a problem. Ask him if he's bothered - it doesn't sound like he is.
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    I feel that if you are in a relationship, then I don't see why you would be shy about any of it. Hell, when I was about 16 or 17 I was taking a poo while I was talking to my dad, and... it got a little way from me, and he was like "Are you taking a ****?" and I was like...."Ummm, yes...." we laughed for a good 10 minutes; it is now a long standing joke.

We have two bathroom's in our house and me and my wife(jaspersmommy) will text each other if we are occupying both.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I fugure, once my husband has seen me push out a baby, there aint much point in hiding anything else.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I work a 28 day rotation. It really freaked my girlfriend out when I seemed to know when she was going to start, but it would always fall in with a certain part of my schedule.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    I've def hit the comfort zone. We don't really hide anything from each other...including gas. lol. He tries to get me to go into the bathroom with him while he's doing the #2...but I completely refuse. Unless I have to go in there for something. We can just barge in on each other and neither one of us cares. Once you hit a certain level with somebody, best friend or significant other...there are just things you do in front of them and it doesn't matter.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I used to be very shy about the whole bathroom thing, but with my boyfriend now I am more comfortable than I have been with anyone else I ever dated. We share everything :)

He even helped me during a SUPER embarrassing time when I dealt with my first hemmorrhoid (he put the cream on it for me).
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My husband knows my menstraul cycle because we live together and have been known to participate in mating rituals on occasion.

I can only pee in front of my cat and my children. Once the children get older, it will be just the cat. My bladder is very shy. I can't help it, but it keeps me from committing serious crimes....so that is good. I can only poop in front of the cat.

As for past relationships, my husband and I decided while dating that beyond the question of health we would not discuss what happened in the past. We had both had issue in the past with jealous and controlling significant others. Of course neither of us are like that, so it would have probably been okay.