Do you weigh yourself everyday

Options

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a couple times a day, just to see how my daily activities affect my weight.

But I only log it weekly, and at the same time/situation as the previous week.

I do also take note of my daily weight when I wake up, just to make sure I'm still losing, and not gaining for any reason.

If I see it go up, I know I have to fix whatever I did yesterday.

So yes, I weigh myself daily. And it's working pretty well for me. Today is my official weigh-in, but as of my weight yesterday, I'm down eleven pounds in 2 weeks.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    once a month!!!!!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Yep, usually every morning and evening. I like to see how my weight is effected by the things I do / eat on a daily basis.

It must be a pita for my MFP friends to see my weight changing status' all the time. I recently downloaded Libra and I'm planning to start logging all of my frequent weighings there and do only one MFP weight update per week.
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself every day as the fluctuation could dishearten me lol, so I opt to weigh in either once a week or if I have had a heavy week at work i weigh in every 2 weeks but that's only due to time. I prefer to get in exercise on the days i finish work late that get weighed. For example I haven't weighed in for a while so will be attempting to get it done this week.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, it just helps me get focused on the day! It is discouraging to see fluctuations (especially when the scale goes up, LOL) but reminds me I need to focus more and eat less... That's just me!
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    i weigh a few times a wk, i know they say not too but like u i find it helps me stay focused!! plus i'm always curious as to how i'm doin!! a wk is a long time .......
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every morning. I'm very aware of the fluctuations from water retention etc., but if my weight has gone up it prompts me to actually replay the previous day in my mind to see whether there was anything I could have done differently.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day *because* of the fluctuations, haha. Lots of people say "don't weigh yourself every day because your weight fluctuates," but that doesn't really make sense to me. If it fluctuates then you want more data points, rather than fewer! I imagine the best thing to do would be to take an average each week, as that would smooth out the fluctuations. I haven't started doing that yet, though. My strategy is to log in my Google Docs spreadsheet every day, and log on MFP once per week. Then I look at my trendlines and see the general downward slope...even if there are spiky parts. :)
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I keep a journal everyday... of my blood pressure, heart rate, weight - right when I wake up and the excercise I did that day... once a month, I take meausurements and enter it into the journal.

Keeps me focused .

L
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every morning. I'm very aware of the fluctuations from water retention etc., but if my weight has gone up it prompts me to actually replay the previous day in my mind to see whether there was anything I could have done differently.

Same here. If I have a weight gain, I can look at the previous day's food and exercise and see what I did. Like indulging in french fries one day, oops. =)

I only log my weight on MFP if it is less than my previously recorded weight (I only record losses).
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday ..which is great when I lose but not great when I gain.
    Friday... 197. Sunday 195.4 and Monday197.4. So was happy for a day when I thought I hit 195 but today it's changed.
    It doesn't make me want to give up.. I understand fluctuations. I didn't eat badly yesterday either, so not sure why it was up. Maybe Sunday was a fluke. I think it is interesting to see the changes.

I don't log it here everyday, only if it maintains for a few days.. so maybe once or twice a week I would log it.
  • Rogns008
    Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing it every day because it's interesting to see how a previous day's activities can effect your weight, but I'm not going to be disappointed in minor changes. Plus, I'm only going to count it once a week. This is probably because I used to have a Wii fit and I liked the graph... the graph is a big bonus on here for me. :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I usually do, BUT... I don't let it affect me one way or the other.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day. It keeps me motivated. I record when I have a significant loss but don't freak over the ups and downs.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Monday to Friday. And I usually record it.
  • PMTpower
    PMTpower Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday so that I know that if I go up two pounds, I better not start loading up on carbs... hehehe
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    OMG, if I weighed myself every day I'd go insane. I try to weigh myself once a week, 10 days if I can wait that long. I'm the type that if I'm up 2 pounds from the day before I become discouraged and begin thinking negatively about myself...so I stay as far away from that scale as possible. Right now the only reason I weigh myself is to make sure I'm using the correct amount of calories to base my diet off of.
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    I do because I find it intersting to see the fluctuations....it's a gradual downward slope. It's not neccessary but I enjoy it.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I was doing it a few times a day until I consistently got the lowest weight first thing in the AM. Now I only do it every morning. I only log it here when there's a loss because, well, I'm following the plan and I know that there WILL be a loss eventually. Why depress myself by admitting to a gain that wasn't caused by anything I did? :-D
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Everyday...BUT....and its a big BUT (no point intended lol) if you are easily discouraged I wouldn't recommended it. I am very much aware my weight fluctuates, even up to 2-4lbs sometimes and I allow myself to let it go and not obsess about it. I only believe what the scale tells me only if it says the same weight (within 1/2 lb) for 3 days in a row.