• Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This time I mean it!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my mantra is:

"…to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another." ~Titus 3:2-3

one mantra that i say a lot during running (when i think i can't go one more step, i will this repeat over and over) is: "please, God, help me. for in my weakness, you are my strength." it has ALWAYS taken me where i need to go. in exercise and in life.

*edited to add: another mantra i love repeating is 'outwardly simple and inwardly rich'. :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    "You can't beat the person who never gives up"

"If you want to be exceptional you have to act exceptionally" (I like this one because I find myself thinking, it won't hurt to have one, everyone needs a break some times. But then I don't want to be like everyone else so I can't justify acting like them :))
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    "You've GOT this, girl!" because I know that "once your mind is SET, it's as good as DONE!"
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like these mantra's. I have a lot of different things I tell myself but I have to give Yoda credit for these wise words "Do or Do Not There Is No Try." =) I have it engraved on the back of my iPod and like to look at it when I want to stop running and whatever exercise Im doing.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I personally remind myself every day that I am worthy of being healthy and happy.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feed my machine!
    If it isn't good fuel, I am eating it for a different reason.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Fitness robot runs further, fitness robot eats leaner. Fitness bot knows no limits.
    :bigsmile:
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great topic!!

When I am working out and I feel like I'm going to die I say to myself, "Whose strong? I'm STRONG!" Gets me through and keeps me focused :smile:
  • cmstaley1
    cmstaley1 Posts: 32
    Options
    During tough workouts: "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just checked back in and am overwhelmed by all the amazing mantras of inspiration...I am keeping this post FOREVER, so I can use it when I think I'm starting to struggle.

You all are amazing!!!! Keep up the great work toward the healthiest life you can possibly have everyone! :)
  • Mickie17
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just checked back in and am overwhelmed by all the amazing mantras of inspiration...I am keeping this post FOREVER, so I can use it when I think I'm starting to struggle.

You all are amazing!!!! Keep up the great work toward the healthiest life you can possibly have everyone! :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    "Go big or go home!"
  • TheGeezNeez
    TheGeezNeez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My main one now is "It's mind over matter". I repeat it over and over until I get past my "wall" during a workout. I will definitely be using some of these others. What a great post!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I am loving these...and today was one of those days I needed to go back and read for inspiration! Thanks!