Is Anyone Else as Bored as Me?

Options
hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
Overnights at work are awful.

Is anyone else surfing the boards wishing for a fun conversation?

Let's start one!

What's your favorite food, did you have to cut it out, and how are you doing without it?

Mine was mountain dew and reese's. I cut them both out. At first it sucked. But everytime I step on the scale my cravings lessen.

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I love chocolate!

I have cut it out a lot but i still eat it.
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    Hey Hush!

well my favorite food is meat! I am not having a lot of success cutting it out! I feel guilty when i eat it. I hate feeling guilty!

Where do you work?
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    FRIED CHICKEN! And yes I don't eat it very often now! It sucked today too because we went shopping and I could smell the garlic chicken from a chinese food place and I wanted some soooooo bad! And Garlic Fried Chicken is the greasiest of the gresiest! LOL But damn does it taste good! LOL
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    my favorite food is faygo red pop and snicker (OMG A SNICKERS...yummy!) anywho and white castles!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    my favorite food is my moms cooking she cooks very good Nicaraguan food...good thing she lives in another state because when i visit her i cant turn down a good plate of her home cooked meals.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    yes... nights on mfp are not nearly as fun as daytime is! but to answer the question, my favorites were diet coke and caseys pizza. i no longer drink ANY pop at all, and i allow myself to eat my pizza one day a month. i was also a chocoholic. now, i rely on my fiber one 90 cal bars to get me thru the day!
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No question - Pizza. Didn't give it up completely - might have it once a month.....
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Side note: at work we weren't supposed to have our phones because it was a 'restricted area and they didn't want us recording or taking pictures of it (meanwhile they invite National Geographic in to to a documentary on one of the aircraft). We also weren't supposed to have ipods, magazines, cards etc-basically anything used to pass time and help us stay awake. The started checking facebook to see what times people updated statuses or responded to stuff to see if they were on their phones at work. The only things we were technically allowed to have were study materials for work. That's just insane. I certainly hope things aren't this ridiculous at my next base.

Anyway, I guess the one food I haven't eaten as much of is peanut butter. I love it so much and then I see that 190 calories and my heart sinks...but then I go and eat a twix or something equally high or higher in calories and with no nutritional value so I guess I need to get my priorities straight.
  • AnabolicAdam
    Options
    Overnights at work are awful.

Is anyone else surfing the boards wishing for a fun conversation?

Let's start one!

What's your favorite food, did you have to cut it out, and how are you doing without it?

Mine was mountain dew and reese's. I cut them both out. At first it sucked. But everytime I step on the scale my cravings lessen.

I work overnights too!!! My favorite food would be funfetti cake. I LOVELOVE LOVE FUNFETTI! I became a type 1 diabetic last November so yes... I did have to cut it out. Not that I ate it alot but now its like death on a plate:(
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am nights shift worker and.yes nights on MFP are quite. My favorites were hot cheetos with lime and kiwi strawberry snapple., which I gave up.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Pasta!!! It was my absolute fave food...mac n cheese, ramen, angel hair...any noodle with seasonings basically!!! Haha!!! BUT I have cut all those carbs out of my diet! :D I need to find some wheat pasta or something..Any ideas anyone?
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I cut out a lot of pasta too.

And I cut out soda for a while, but I'm needing it to get through this week.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i love reeses peanut buttercups, pepsi, orange pop and most of all chocolate. i cut most of them out but if u read my journal u ca se i still eat them sometimes. especially peanut buttercups.. i need to workout more and east less lol...
  • hush7hush
    Options
    See, look at all of us late-nighters that need company.

Okay, subject change.

What has been the hardest part of your lifestyle-change/diet/exercise/weight-loss program?
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Rather than say what I have given up... I am going to say what I have GAINED... and that is LOTS of eye candy .. aka HOT men at the gym! If that isn't motivational I don't know what is!! haha
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Pasta!!! It was my absolute fave food...mac n cheese, ramen, angel hair...any noodle with seasonings basically!!! Haha!!! BUT I have cut all those carbs out of my diet! :D I need to find some wheat pasta or something..Any ideas anyone?

COMPLEX CARBS are good for you! It's this simple ones you need to avoid! I made a clean pasta dish tonight...whole wheat pasta, broccoli, sauted onions and garlic and a little salt and pepper....throw in some chicken and top with a bit of low fat cheese...YUMMY!

Oh, and my favorite food is dark chocolate! I can eat an entire bar but instead of binging on it I have 1 square every night:) Keeps me sane!
  • orierie113
    Options
    Pasta, Pizza and Cannollis....Ah farewell
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Honestly it has been clothes!! I hate wearing clothes that do not fit right (baggy) especially jeans!!! But I do not want to go out and buy a lot of new stuff being as I still have more to lose. I find myself in sweats a lot if I do not need to go in public :D
  • ashmom86
    Options

COMPLEX CARBS are good for you! It's this simple ones you need to avoid! I made a clean pasta dish tonight...whole wheat pasta, broccoli, sauted onions and garlic and a little salt and pepper....throw in some chicken and top with a bit of low fat cheese...YUMMY!

Sounds delish!!! I need to get some whole wheat pasta an make that!!!
  • ashmom86
    Options
    Rather than say what I have given up... I am going to say what I have GAINED... and that is LOTS of eye candy .. aka HOT men at the gym! If that isn't motivational I don't know what is!! haha

Nice!!!!!!!!