Looking for some kind of weight lose pill to help speed thin

Options

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is an FDA approved diet aid and it is the only one I would take:-) Good Luck!!!
    I barely trust the FDA for regular food let alone diet pills :smokin:

agreed!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    This girl did not say she was looking for a miracle cure... she is looking for something to complement her work that she is already doing. The ones of you who jumped down her throat, are not going to help her. This site is to help people. Explaining to her the reasons you don't believe in it is exceptable, but telling her exactly how she gained her weight and that she is going to fail... that's not why we are here!

AGREED!!!!!

I honestly don't believe there is anything wrong with pills IF you are working toward your goal too. I started out taking Phentermine, prescribed to me by my doctor, and you know what?! I didn't gain it all back. Wanna know why? Because while taking the Phen, I was also adjusting my lifestyle, which is EXACTLY what you all are doing, only I had the aide of a PILL because I couldn't do it on my own. I am now continuing my lifestyle change and still losing without the pills. If you think that is wrong, BITE ME!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Don't do the pills... for one thing they ARE short term, and they only do what you're supposed to be doing anyway. None are approved by the FDA except one. That's Alli. The only thing it does is keeps your body from absorbing fat. HOWEVER: it says that you have to eat a balanced meal and everything with it, which is what you're supposed to be doing anyway! You don't need to waste $50 a bottle to take a pill to tell you this. Really the only way to go is diet and exercise. It sucks, but it's true :) You got this!

I am going to correct you on this, ALLI is the only FDA aprooved OVER THE COUNTER weight loss medication. There are 5 (deending on which country you are in) FDA aprooved PRESCRIPTION weight loss medications.

I will not get on my soap box in this thread about my feeling on medications because I have used them (Yes successfully where the weight stayed off) There are ALOT of factors she has not given us that would jurisdict the ability of a Dr to prescribe these drugs.

Just so everyone is aware... ALLI blocks 25% absorbtion of fat... which means that you just crap it out... which is why one of the most common side effects of ALLI is and I quote " oily anal discharge"

Please sign me up!!! I want some of that!

LMAO! :laugh:

bahahaa!!! :laugh:
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take prescription medication but it just suppresses my appetite. It still comes down changing your eating habits and exercise.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    This girl did not say she was looking for a miracle cure... she is looking for something to complement her work that she is already doing. The ones of you who jumped down her throat, are not going to help her. This site is to help people. Explaining to her the reasons you don't believe in it is exceptable, but telling her exactly how she gained her weight and that she is going to fail... that's not why we are here!

AGREED!!!!!

I honestly don't believe there is anything wrong with pills IF you are working toward your goal too. I started out taking Phentermine, prescribed to me by my doctor, and you know what?! I didn't gain it all back. Wanna know why? Because while taking the Phen, I was also adjusting my lifestyle, which is EXACTLY what you all are doing, only I had the aide of a PILL because I couldn't do it on my own. I am now continuing my lifestyle change and still losing without the pills. If you think that is wrong, BITE ME!

Thank You! We started our weight loss the same way this time. And I used phentermine before and it was 3 years (and a pregnancy) before I re-gained!
  • afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    To lose 40 by July? Only drink water. BAM weight loss and a good chance of death.

haha, funny but true.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I spent a lot of time doing quick fix diets,never pills but shakes/liquids etc and to be honest they have never worked for me or anyone i know.
    Eating right and exercising is the ONLY way and you will save so much time by getting started now instead of going down that road.
    Is there a reason you want lose that amount of weight in such a short time?
    Maybe you could break it down into smaller goals and go from there?

Honestly the people on this site are amazing as well as the tools.
    You will be losing in no time :smile:

Best of Luck x
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options

AGREED!!!!!

Thank you! I came up with this analogy regarding my use of prescription weight loss meds:
    ' The medication has helped me hold my head above water while I learn how to swim'.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options

AGREED!!!!!

Thank you! I came up with this analogy regarding my use of prescription weight loss meds:
    ' The medication has helped me hold my head above water while I learn how to swim'.

Great analogy!!!! I love it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

People are far too sensitive on here. I don't think any poster on here is going to help her, if she is determined to drop so much weight so quickly, she will no doubt try a few pills, hardly eat, do stupid diets like cabbage soup/Atkins etc... This site is for support and guidance, yes, but we also need to be honest.

Why did we gain? Eating too much, not moving enough. We've probably tried all the diets under the sun. Diets are for the lazy, who can't be bothered to eat better and exercise. So are diet pills.

Starting the slow clap. Clap............Clap...........Clap ...
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is an FDA approved diet aid and it is the only one I would take:-) Good Luck!!!

where the hell did i put my agree button? and why the hell areyou smoking? LOL

amen. just because something is FDA approved does not mean it is safe. I bought them tried them for a week read the insert and saw it said DO NOT WEAR WHITE and keep A SPARE SET OF CLOTHING WITH YOU. um yeah not into those kind of warnings. didn't like the oil slick in the bathroom either. and i wasn't eating unhealthy. anything that blocks anything you eat is blocking nutrients that your body needs to function. a good multivitamin and healthy eating with exercise and water will help you lose the weight.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    oh and forgot to mention...ive lost 21lbs since march 1st so 49 days. granted i have alot to lose still but ive been eating working out and drinking alot of water. do it the right way i am and its working!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Well if the government approves it it must be okay :tongue:
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options

where the hell did i put my agree button? and why the hell areyou smoking? LOL
    My washer just got done with its spin cyle :laugh: :smokin:
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've tried a pill and it worked WONDERS. It's called the MOVE-MORE-WORK-HARDER-EAT-LESS-CRAP Pill. Best of all, IT'S FREE AND WORKS!

But don't tell anyone, though. It's my secret.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I have lost 40lbs and it has been 14 weeks exactly since I started. I didn't do any extreme diets or "only drink water and die". I have done everything the "right" way - diet and exercise. So everyone that's saying you can't do it unless you do it the unhealthy way is wrong. It can be done!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry, wrong website.

We're obsessed with health and fitness around here, not drugs and self-abuse.
    I couldn't help but not chuckle at this comment!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry, wrong website.

We're obsessed with health and fitness around here, not drugs and self-abuse.
    I couldn't help but not chuckle at this comment!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Stop being so nasty about the question.

We are here to support each other in making healthy choices and not attack people who are curious.
    Some people don't have TONS of experience in weight lost etc.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    None of them. Not worth it.