need help: my dog is taking up more than half of my bed

Options
2»

Replies

• Girlgerm
    Girlgerm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You guys are funny.

On a dull serious dog lady note....Dont let the dog on your bed. Thats yours! (the masters) Read a little cesar millan and make sure the dog has it's own bed :) Good luck! Chihuahua owner here :D
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You guys are funny.

On a dull serious dog lady note....Dont let the dog on your bed. Thats yours! (the masters) Read a little cesar millan and make sure the dog has it's own bed :) Good luck! Chihuahua owner here :D

I know that a lot of people believe that allowing the dog to sleep with you will create dominance problems, but that's not actually true and has been disproven over and over again.

I do agree with you however that the bed is yours and the dog should be trained to only come up onto it when invited and to get off it if you tell him to do so.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Basically you are screwed. This is a subject I know well and below is exactly how it is.

Dear Dogs and Cats:

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that
    aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging
    out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or
    get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is:
    Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the
    following message on
    the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT
    OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
    (2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
    (3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
    (4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they
    (1) eat less,
    (2) don't ask for money all the time
    (4) normally come when called,
    (5) never ask to drive the car,
    (6) don't hang out with drug-using people;
    (7) don't smoke or drink,
    (8) don't want to wear your clothes,
    (9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
    (10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college
    (11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children ..

LOVEEEEEE!!!!!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    As for recipes...Chinese 5-spice =)
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My 13lb Schnoodle insists on sleeping in the direct middle of the bed and will try to worm me over to either side so he can be there. It is an ongoing battle, luckily I'm bigger than he is, so I usually win :laugh:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you tried searching for a hot dog recipe on the database?

(My mad Weim isn't allowed NEAR my bed, but he definitely thinks the stairs are a racetrack)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have you tried searching for a hot dog recipe on the database?

(My mad Weim isn't allowed NEAR my bed, but he definitely thinks the stairs are a racetrack)

My dog used to do the 'racetrack' thing on the stairs as well. Then one day it occurred to me that my dog knew the command 'Wait'. So when I start to go up or down a flight of stairs, I tell the dog 'Wait' and then proceed. I release her when I'm at the end of the stairs. We've been doing it so long now that she waits without the command if there is a human on the staircase!

If your dog doesn't know 'Wait', "Stay" works just as well.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Little dog, big egos. Good luck with that!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I read that seriously @ first......

We have two 70-80lb dogs so we just got a bigger bed. :drinker:
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have a long haired chihuahua!! :heart:

You should get that trimmed before going to the beach.
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    never mind. he moved. he must be checking the forums with his ipod or something.

Lol if he sneaks back in, hide his phone/ipod and get him in a big cooking pot, lashings of bbq sauce. mmmmmm yummmy!! =)
  • Bullitt4424
    Options
    which is hilarious because he is a tiny pommeranian. he was the runt of the litter too.

so my question is this. what is the best way to prepare pommeranian? garlic and butter with maybe a little cilantro?

little dude actually thinks he owns the place. cooking and eating him will show him who is the master of the house.

Isn't that what they use to make pomegranates? :laugh:
  • marleyfu
    marleyfu Posts: 16
    Options
    My poodles would eat him.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have 4 big dogs and the largest is almost 80 lbs. He gets out of bed the moment I tell him to but my husband calls him up into bed. He's a bed hog!!! Our smallest, over 40 lbs, recently got a shave and then it chilled down so he's also been getting into bed for warmth in the middle of the night. I generally wake up in some weird position, threaded between dogs, coverless and aching from being in one position too long. The things we do for our "kids".
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I hear the slow cooker works wonders on dog meat. Although I'm tempted to try the charcoal grill. Maybe marinate the meat overnight and throw it on the grill with some onions and carrots. :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Too funny! My husband and I share our double bed with two cats, and I swear they triple in size during the night. Each one has a designated corner of the foot of the bed, and no matter how many times they get kicked off, they just hop right back up!

I'm thinking cat roast with gravy may have a nice ring to it (the image is now in my head of my kitty with her eyes wide open and ears perked back going "Whaaa?")