Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• valeriedent2
    Options
    Great job again this week, ladies!!

I've been crazy busy at work (which is where I do most of my logging of food and exercise), so haven't really been able to check in much.

Weight isn't budging from last weekend. Usually by today I'd have lost 2 pounds, give or take, and be back under 200. But not this week. Although, I TOTALLY threw my diet out the window last night at dinner. I have NO idea what I was thinking. The boy and I were having a really nice time and we just kept eating and eating and eating. Oy!! I haven't been uncomfortably full in soooooo long!!! I've come to the conclusion that I DO NOT miss those days!!

Anyways - refocusing today. I restarted the couch to 5k program this morning. I think I'm going to try and do Zumba Sculpt and Abs on the off days from that. I'm setting a mini goal for myself to lose 2 pounds until the end of this 10 wk round, so that's 0.5 lbs/wk. I can do that as long as I stay focused. It's not going to be easy, though, with the holiday this weekend, and next weekend I'm going to my sisters for the weekend. Food and drink define our family get togethers. I just need to watch my portions and limit the alcohol. And drink all my water.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job to those that lost :)

I started the "slow carb" diet on Monday. My weight Monday was 137.4. Weight today is 134.8. Surely I got rid of the weekend sodium, but I think this diet is gonna do me some good. Can't wait to weigh in. I also can't wait for my cheat day this weekend...I neeeeed some chocolate!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!
  • js775219
    js775219 Posts: 98
    Options
    WTG ladies!!! And thank you Rach for keeping the chart looking so spiffy...my goals for this week are:

-Log a deficit everyday
    -twice daily workouts Tuesday-Saturday
    -water water water
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    Great job everyone! my goals for this week will be:
    *To drink lots and lots of water!!!!!
    *Control my portions (especially on easter!!)
    *To stay under with my calories and sodium.
    *Blog about how my day went and what i can do to improve on my eating habits and etc... either on my online blog or in my fod journal notebook.

Have a great week chicas!
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi ladies! I see we're all still doing GREAT! Weight today: 170.5. Another pound lost! Woohoo!

I was hoping to see something in the 160s, but I am still happy with the loss. I know I have been reeeeeally messing up on weekends, and this coming up one I know I'm already penciled in to drink again. Need to really back off of it, but it's a friend's b-day. It's definitely hard to be the "former lush" because 3 years ago (college) you couldn't find me sober on the weekends! Now most weekends you won't find me drink at all, but for some reason the last 2 have not been good to me... or rather I haven't been good to myself!

Anyway, glad we're all in this together!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    NSV for me, I was at a home party on Monday at my IL's house and my friend was there as well, I haven't seen her in probably 2 months.

She looked at me and asked "Have you been losing weight? You look awesome! " It totally made my day!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

So last nigt was a complete binge night for me, since it was my WI day I kind of went a little nuts but I"m back at it today. I was shopping for my interview clothes on my lunch hour so I could only make it over to Wendy's before my hour was up. I had about 3/4 of a chicken sandwich and then tossed the rest.

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken with roasted potatoes with EVOO. Yum!!!! Don't know if I'll get on the treadmill or not, I have a huge mid-term exam in my math class that has to be done by tonight. I hope I do ok.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So, I havent posted goals for this week yet... but here they are:

10+ cups of water per day
    at least 120 minutes of cardio this week (already have 30 out of the way! yay!)

I am holding off until my weight is 220 and then I am going to go get a mani/pedi... I better kick it up a notch because my toes need to be done badly! haha and I havent had a manicure in probably 10+ years!

oh, and to the previous poster, HOORAY for NSVs!!! I had a coworker stop me yesterday and say "STOP! are you losing weight? you look really good!" and when I said I was she was like "good for you!!!" made me smile!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    OK I've been attacked by the chocolate monster all week. Being surrounded by Easter eggs for the next few days is not going to help. It's almost like I've been knowingly sabbotaging myself for the past couple of days. I have to GET A GRIP!!!
  • JennS19
    Options
    I'm proud of myself this morning, last night when I was doing my homework I was soooooo craving a carmel ice cream cone. It was calling my name and wouldn't leave me alone. I knew if I ate it I would hate myself afterwards and it had no nutritional value and at 11pm at night, it was just going to be stored as fat.

So I didn't cave, and this morning I'm so proud of myself for it. This is a huge step for me because 2 month ago I would of totally ate that ice cream cone, probably 2 of them. I'm a different person now making great life choices. Yay!!! :bigsmile:
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Dinner tonight is grilled chicken with roasted potatoes with EVOO. Yum!!!! Don't know if I'll get on the treadmill or not, I have a huge mid-term exam in my math class that has to be done by tonight. I hope I do ok.
    Well it's too late for good luck, but retroactive good luck!!! And congrats on the NSV!
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    OFFICIALLY DOWN TWENTY POUNDS! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

*runs wild through the streets*

Now: 4.6 to Onederland!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    OFFICIALLY DOWN TWENTY POUNDS! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

CONGRATS!!!!! You will be in Onederland before you know it!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

so, so cool! congratulations!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options

Woo Hooo thats awesome :drinker:
  • JennS19
    Options

yeah congrats!!! How awesome for you!!!
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Isn't it the best feeling to lose 20 pounds...congrats!!! I know I was.
    On another note..had a NSV moment: I was running on the treadmill the other day and an old teacher of mine was walking next to me. She asked me how do I stay so thin!! :-) I coulnd't believe it...I don't think I'm thin (yet) thinner yes, but not thin, but it made me feel so good. Add then she asked me how do I continue running so long without stopping and that I motivated her to keep going farther than her mile walking. She made my day!! :-)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

That's so awesome! You're doing fantastic and you have every right to be excited and run wild through the streets (plus it does have the added benefit of burning calories).

You'll be in Onederland before you know it.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    I don't know what is going on with me but I have completely lost control!

My appetite is out of control!! I am STARVING!!!! All the time!! I can't get enough to eat!!

My weight is up. I'm all the way back up to 203!!! It's all I can do to maintain a 1/2 pound loss each week, let alone balloon up 4 pounds!!! AND I'm not due for TOM for another week!!!

I'm trying to make smart choices to try and satisfy the beast that has become my appetite, but even making smart choices, it all adds up eventually, so I've been going over calories. Although, I've also splurged on alcohol the last two nights, so that isn't helping me in the calorie department.

I need a snack!
  • JennS19
    Options
    I don't know what is going on with me but I have completely lost control!

My appetite is out of control!! I am STARVING!!!! All the time!! I can't get enough to eat!!

My weight is up. I'm all the way back up to 203!!! It's all I can do to maintain a 1/2 pound loss each week, let alone balloon up 4 pounds!!! AND I'm not due for TOM for another week!!!

I'm trying to make smart choices to try and satisfy the beast that has become my appetite, but even making smart choices, it all adds up eventually, so I've been going over calories. Although, I've also splurged on alcohol the last two nights, so that isn't helping me in the calorie department.

I need a snack!

Have you taken a pregnancy test to rule that out?