*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I've already eaten over 1/3 of my calories and it's not even 9am yet! I had taken some extra breast cancer run bagels from the race on Sunday and they are so good that I don't want to throw them away. They are cherry and cranberry and shaped like a ribbon from Panara bread. I had one yesterday for breakfast and one today. I had planned to make scrambled egg whites and toast for breakfast but those bagels were just staring at me. Looks like I'll be eating like a rabbit the rest of the day!

I LOVE bagels, especially Panera bagels. My favorite is the asiago cheese bagel. I eat a Thomas Bagel thin everyday but it is not the same.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Weekend Pact= SUCCESS!!!!!!

shock and awe! ; )

Everyone, amazing job!!!!
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Had my first appointment with a nutritionist yesterday. What a freakin' eye opener! I knew the booze was killing me. Kinda of literally as I'm borderline diabetic. My blood sugar's through the roof, that's what prompted the appointment to start. Biggest problem was PORTIONS! I thought I was eating regular portions and I was probably eating 2-3x per meal. Oh, aside from portions, I wasn't mixing the right foods per meal, so that was spiking my sugars throughout the day, making me feel hungrier than I was at certain points.

Well, that wasn't the biggest problem. Her scale was! I weighed 288 that morning at home (I have to stop weighing every morning) but at her office I was 295!! Where's the holy crap icon?

I went home and portioned out all of my food for today. So far, so good. I know there's only been one meal so far but I'm not starving. My boyfriend doesn't understand exactly what the nutritionist laid out for me but is being very supportive, although I need to keep him away from white bread..."honey it says you can have 8 servings, take a piece of bread". LOL, he'll get it eventually....when I finally start beating HIM at our little weight loss challenge at home.

Anyway ladies, I'm back. Can't wait to go shopping this Friday and get some good (small) foods!

Goals this week:
    - Get back to my 8-10 cup per day water intake
    - Shrink all portions, and use all those little Tupperwares I have in the cabinet.
    - Monitor my steps...Dr wants me to get to 10000 per day (although I don't think counting regular life steps should count, she's insisting that 10000 is easier said than done) so to start with that. Off to get a pedometer.

Thanks for always being supporting everyone!!! :)
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It was water weight, plus the weight of the day and clothing weight. I'm sure you are really still 288. :-) Good luck with the portion sizes. :-)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Had my first appointment with a nutritionist yesterday. What a freakin' eye opener! I knew the booze was killing me. Kinda of literally as I'm borderline diabetic. My blood sugar's through the roof, that's what prompted the appointment to start. Biggest problem was PORTIONS! I thought I was eating regular portions and I was probably eating 2-3x per meal. Oh, aside from portions, I wasn't mixing the right foods per meal, so that was spiking my sugars throughout the day, making me feel hungrier than I was at certain points.

Well, that wasn't the biggest problem. Her scale was! I weighed 288 that morning at home (I have to stop weighing every morning) but at her office I was 295!! Where's the holy crap icon?

I went home and portioned out all of my food for today. So far, so good. I know there's only been one meal so far but I'm not starving. My boyfriend doesn't understand exactly what the nutritionist laid out for me but is being very supportive, although I need to keep him away from white bread..."honey it says you can have 8 servings, take a piece of bread". LOL, he'll get it eventually....when I finally start beating HIM at our little weight loss challenge at home.

Anyway ladies, I'm back. Can't wait to go shopping this Friday and get some good (small) foods!

Goals this week:
    - Shrink all portions, and use all those little Tupperwares I have in the cabinet.
    - Monitor my steps...Dr wants me to get to 10000 per day (although I don't think counting regular life steps should count, she's insisting that 10000 is easier said than done) so to start with that. Off to get a pedometer.

I'm glad you got to the bottom of things Diana! I wish you the best and I think now that you've got more knowledge you'll be unstoppable! One thing though--DON'T pay attention to her scale. Get it out of your head right now. ALL of my Dr.'s scales are at least 7-10# heavier than my home one and I know I'm not alone in this. Continue to weigh in on YOUR scale and monitor your LOSSES from there. It's all about consistency!

Care to share anything else she gave you, like general information, maybe what kinds of foods to pair together and when? I think it's great when one of the group members seeks advice from a "pro".. maybe we all can learn something!! =)
  • mamarundrc
    Options

Goals this week:

I saw a dietician when I was pregnant. I had gestational diabetes. I was shocked at the changes that she wanted me to make to my diet. It made a huge difference in how I felt, my blood sugar levels, and how hungry I got. I also struggled to get my husband on board. I still basically follow the diet she gave me (just less calories) and it has done amazing for me. I have finally gotten my husband on board with whole grains.

One thing, if you are a pasta eater (which I love pasta), Check on Dreamfields pasta. They only have 5 g of digestable carbs per serving so they are good for not spiking blood sugars.

Good luck with your new plan!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    It was water weight, plus the weight of the day and clothing weight. I'm sure you are really still 288. :-) Good luck with the portion sizes. :-)

I agree!
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy to share:

- Space carbs throughout the day, no more than 2-3 servings in one meal
    - Always have a protein with a carb
    - Always have a fruit with a protein

She has me on 8 breads (aka carbs), 2 milk, 4 veggies, 3 fruit, 5 fats, 5 meat per day.

Things I've learned:
    - PORTION SIZE! I'm from NY (originally). Bagels are ginormous! I can have 1/4 NY bagel as a serving :(
    - Cheese is considered a meat
    - Potatoes and corn are breads (I kinda knew but didn't want to admit)

For portions:
    Breads, approx 80 cal per serving
    Milk, 90 cal per serving
    Veggies, 25 cal per serving, although you're not limited on veggies
    Fruit, 60 cal per serving
    Fats, less than 45 can per serving, no more than 2 tsp per meal
    Meat, 3-6 oz per day

Track everything else by calories as an "other" like the good stuff...Capt. Morgan, a tall dry red, you know. Oh and a serving of wine is 4 oz...4 OZ!!!

Some "breads" should actually be counted as 1 bread and 1 fat, like: Chow mein noodles, cornbread, ritz crackers, croutons, fries, granola (!), muffin, etc.

AND, I thought I was doing right by having 2 tbs Skippy 25% reduced fat creamy peanut butter (my FAVE) as an afternoon snack but the actual serving size is 1/2 Tbsp. ...1/2 Tbsp!!! I was killing my fats in 2 deliciously nutty scoops!

I have some docs I can share, just let me know what you're interested in and I can scan and email. I have a food tracking guide, a 1 page cheat sheet for portions, an 8 pg overview of portion sizes, a long list of fast food calories/breakdowns, exercise/calorie burn calculators, etc. Let me know if you'd like to see any of these.

Hope that helps some of you!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am sorry I have really not been posting here. Life has been a bit crazy.
    I had a good weekend, though! I think I did pretty well. It's all about progress, right?

Saturday I spent the day with some of my friends. We went shopping (lots of walking, yay) and I had some NSVs! I fit into SIZE TWELVE jeans!!! I also bought myself a DRESS! I have a wedding to go to next weekend and also for Easter I thought I would wear it.

As for food, we went to Panera and I was so good. I got some soup and a tuna salad sandwich and stayed under calories. At the end of the night they cracked out the wine and chips and dip. I only had one small glass of wine and made sure I counted how many chips I was eating and then sat far away from them!! I had some shrimp cocktail too! They taste really good without the LOADS of cocktail sauce I used to put them in.

On Sunday I was invited to my first Passover Seder ever. It was really fun and I was really good there, too. I immersed myself in learning and talking about the culture so I was so involved with that instead of eating. I made sure to eat lots of vegetables and drink lots of water. I even drank grape juice instead of wine and diluted my grape juice with water. For dessert, I only had fruit! My friend and I walked the dogs after the Seder meal to walk off our meal!

Yay for good choices in situations where before I would have definitely not been that way. I found myself thinking this way just on pure instinct now which made me so happy. I can tell now that these are changes I have made that will stick with me for a very long time and this weekend really made me excited for that. I have a lot of work ahead of me but this was a glimpse of good things to come. :)
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody...how are you doing on your Challenge this week!? I'm trying to find a workout by the same woman Kerri got our challenge from last week. BUT...the problem is...all I'm finding are short 1-2 minute workouts. Anybody know of a specific one on YouTube that is longer? Or even if there are a few 10-15 minute ones I could put together?!?!? If I have to I guess I could find 20-30 short 2-5 minute ones!

I've purchased and completed just about every workout dvd I've ever been interested in...LOL...so YouTube is my go to...any other suggestions are welcomed as well :)) Thanks everybody...hope your week is going well!

Oh...and btw...this week's weigh-in isn't looking promising...PMS this week...holy bloated...other than that I feel great and at least my clothes are still fitting well! LOL TMI? Sorry...I just hate the week before and during TOM!!!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody...how are you doing on your Challenge this week!? I'm trying to find a workout by the same woman Kerri got our challenge from last week. BUT...the problem is...all I'm finding are short 1-2 minute workouts. Anybody know of a specific one on YouTube that is longer? Or even if there are a few 10-15 minute ones I could put together?!?!? If I have to I guess I could find 20-30 short 2-5 minute ones!

I've purchased and completed just about every workout dvd I've ever been interested in...LOL...so YouTube is my go to...any other suggestions are welcomed as well :)) Thanks everybody...hope your week is going well!

I haven't done the challenge yet. If I don't get downstairs to do a workout video in the fitness center at lunch tomorrow, I'll probably end up doing one of the BOSU workouts I haven't done yet I guess. I've done pretty much everything else I can (unless riding my bike--which I haven't done in well over a year--counts). LOL

Oh and somehow I lost 1.6 lbs since yesterday morning (my bad habit of weighing in every day, but only counting one day)....I think it is because I was in the bathroom peeing a LOT yesterday, including when the storms woke me up around 1:30 this morning.
  • mamarundrc
    Options

Oh...and btw...this week's weigh-in isn't looking promising...PMS this week...holy bloated...other than that I feel great and at least my clothes are still fitting well! LOL TMI? Sorry...I just hate the week before and during TOM!!!

Haven't done this weeks challenge yet but it is raining and crappy here again so I am probably going to jump over to Walmart and pick up a new video or Wii work out game and do it this afternoon. I have wanted to pick up something new for a while so this gives me the excuse to get it now :-)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options

Andrea! What about some HIIT cardio? or maybe doing some sprint programs or something outside? I doesn't have to be CrAzY, just something different than your normal routine! =) Don't stress over it, it's suppose to be fun and get us to think outside the box!! I did a new DVD yesterday and it was fun! LOL
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    I tried something new yesterday. I managed to drive myself across town to visit our partner gym. The name of the class is 'circuit training', which sounds boring BUT ... it's actually a combination of cardio and strength exercises to the umph degree. In other words it was a bootcamp class. She paired us into groups to work out with the figure eight bands (standing core exercises). There were also 2-3 other stations where bozus and steps were stationed. We jumped on and off the bozus while using a figure eight band resistance band to tone our arms. Jumped over the steps with two risers (about 10 in each row) while doing shoulder presses with the medicine balls. Then she really got creative: we used the 'gliders' to 'sky' across the room while squatting on our tippy toes. That was fun. BUT, she then had us push the 'gliders' with our arms on the floor and crawl our way across the room 5x.
    My plan was to work out for a couple of hours yesterday, but things changed when my body started shaking. Different format and quite challenging. That was my 'something new' ... phew!
    Good news is I can tell I'm getting in shape because I'm not wobbling today and my joints are still in tact.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I did my challenge today. I tried something new. I was walking around Walmart trying to find something different and I saw the Wii Zumba. I have heard a lot about Zumba and some good reviews of the Wii Zumba and it was on sale so I figured I would buy it. I did the tutorial (which took ~25 minutes) and the first beginner routine. What a work out! I was dripping in sweat by the end of it. My HRM said I burned 300 cals in the 45 minutes but the tutorial was slow. If I was to do 40-60 minutes of the actual routines I could probably burn 500-600 cals. And that is on beginner level. It was fun and challenging for a slightly less than coordinated me. It is definitely something I can see myself doing on a rainy day.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I did my challenge today. I tried something new. I was walking around Walmart trying to find something different and I saw the Wii Zumba. I have heard a lot about Zumba and some good reviews of the Wii Zumba and it was on sale so I figured I would buy it. I did the tutorial (which took ~25 minutes) and the first beginner routine. What a work out! I was dripping in sweat by the end of it. My HRM said I burned 300 cals in the 45 minutes but the tutorial was slow. If I was to do 40-60 minutes of the actual routines I could probably burn 500-600 cals. And that is on beginner level. It was fun and challenging for a slightly less than coordinated me. It is definitely something I can see myself doing on a rainy day.

Awesome, I may have to get that!! I just have a 20 minute Zumba express :) Great job!!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, I had decided to try Insanity the same day Kerri sent around the challenge for this week. So I used it for the challenge :) It is extremely tough! I take quite a few breaks, or at least slow down my pace. My "trainer" Roxy hates when my HRM beeps saying I'm over my "zone" haha. But it pushes me and I can tell that it is definitely working! My legs are sore and I can even feel abs sore!!! I really like it, I need the push!

I know it's a little late, but my challenges for myself this week are
    - to not have my coffee until I finish working out, so the caffeine doesn't affect my HRM
    - drink at least 10 cups of water each day
    - stay under calories, every day
    - see a loss on the scale this week :)

My little one is finally napping, so I'm going to go get some things around the house done :) Hope you all find something fun to do with this challenge, I'm interested to see what everyone finds!!
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HEY girls!!

I have been bad this week and prob will continue to be bad because of everything that is going on! For the new challenge, I started a new workout routine this week that I LOVE!! I found it @ www.bodybuilding.com, it also comes with a nutrition guide that I am not starting until next week.

We had are 2 year anniversary this week and we went to a really nice italian place and I ate like there was no tomorrow LOL. I do have to say it was amazing, but I did workout before we went to dinner.

Took a pregancy test on Monday and it was negative. Pretty bummed, but it is ok! Just try again next month! Then, TOM arrived today..grr. So... I feel like eating everything and right now I am showing a 2lb gain =(

I am going out of town tomorrow night and meeting up with my old gang from college...so this will include eating poorly and I am sure I will be having to down a few adult beverages!! I am not looking for much good to happen this week on the scale. I think we should get a free week when TOM arrives lol!!

I am starting a pretty strict diet on Monday, so I am going to enjoy the next few days and enjoy myself in moderation. As long as I don't skip my workouts, I'll be ok.!

Hope you all are having a great week!! Next week will be better for me because TOM will be over!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I got up the energy to do Jillian's 6 Week Abs. It was about 40 minutes but I really REALLY liked it. I can feel some sore spots today for sure. I think that will be a new go to for me outside of doing 30 Day Shred.

I have so much coming up these next few days. Tomorrow we're heading to a friends house to do an Easter egg hunt with her little girl. We both are dieting so we found super healthy things to eat for dinner. Friday we're heading to my bro-in-law's house. I'm making some grilled salmon and tilapia...everyone else is bringing a different portion of the meal. (salad, side dishes...) Saturday we have some more crazy things going on and then of course Sunday being Easter I am destined for trouble. Not to mention my father-in-law and a baseball team of his from when he was a kid are being honored at the Tigers game on Sunday...so who can go to a baseball gamewithout a hot dog or a beer?!

I'm gonna' need some will power. And lots of water. And lots of exercise. LOL.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Still trying to find something new to try. I've been doing this workout thing for years, so I've tried just about everything! lol