Replies

• MrsDowns22
    Options
    April 20, 2011
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1
    Walking-50 mins
    Stationary Bike 20 mins

Starting Weight 213

Oh I thought we were starting now lol...it's cool though I can just start again on May 1st
  • hello1980
    hello1980 Posts: 26
    Options
    @ MrsDowns22 - that's awesome, you did a lot today. And you can start today, I'm going to post mine later. Keep up the good work.
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hello1980 -
    what i just did was look up 20 minutes of weight training = 64 cals and 15 minutes of general aerobic exercise = 105 which all together equal 169 cals burned. I actually think this could be close because the 30DS (although a lot of strength training) has a moderate amount of aerobic activity
    what do you think?
  • hello1980
    Options
    @ aliciadpo -- I would agree that sounds right to me. I never thought to calculate it like that. That's awesome. Thanks for posting that because in the exercise part on this website I was just putting in 100 cal since you have to add what you think you are burning. Thanks. :smile:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Totally down for this! i finished 30ds last month and loved it. I bought ripped in 30 last week but i've been struggling with my motivation... posting daily will be awesome.

About the calories burned, I always enter mine as circuit training. It shows that I burn about 200 calories. The problem is that it's doesn't account for the additional calories as you move up the levels.

I'm going to start the challenge now, but i'll start posting on may 1st with everyone else.:happy:
  • MrsDowns22
    Options
    Aww thanks babe! We've totally got this I have like 40lbs I wanna lose over the next 4 months or so. So, I am working really hard it's nice to have motivation and encouragement on the boards :)

Aww dang it...I responded to the wrong person lol.
  • carmenvo
    carmenvo Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of Ripped in 30. Week one and two were duable, but week 3 is REALLY hard! I'll not be able to finish this one in one week I think. :) What should I do next month? Just combine my running exercises with ripped or start the 30 day shred? What would be the most effective?
  • hello1980
    Options
    @ carmenvo - I would suggust the 30 day shred and running at least 3x a week for next month or just mix it up with the Ripped in 30 and 30 day shred plus the extra cardio. I know that the extra cardio has helped me lose the weight faster then just doing the DVD'S. Good luck.
  • carmenvo
    carmenvo Posts: 34
    Options
    Ok, since weather is getting better, I'll combine it with jogging I think. So running three times a week and every day the ripped in 30 it will be. Thanks!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I started monday doing a 2 level a day challenge, im on day 3 tonight...
    No weight loss wishing just keeping active:wink:
  • hello1980
    Options
    I'm just going to start posting my workout's today. I hope no one minds and please feel free to start posting whenever you like. :happy:

Starting Date: 04/20/2011
    Starting Weight: 163 lbs.

Workout: 04/20/2011 Day 1
    Ripped in 30 (Level 2) - 25 minutes
    Ellipitcal - 30 minutes

Workout: 04/21/2011 Day 2
    Ripped in 30 (Level 2) - 25 minutes
    Ellipitcal - 30 minutes
  • shockrow
    shockrow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the 30DS! Hopefully it will be here by May 1st. I started to do some of the P90X but read reviews that the 30DS is better for women. Any thoughts?
  • hello1980
    Options
    @ SVanH0315 - I did the P90X and I hated it. I mean the program was awesome but working 8 hrs and then coming home cooking, cleaning, and playing with the kids it was very tough getting in that 1 1/2 workout. That's why I love Jillian's DVD's cause they are only 25 minutes long. I love her, i can see a different with her DVD's. :happy:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Finally got my 30 Day Shred DVD. Did level 1 yesterday...wow, Jillian whooped my butt!

So, do most people do 10 days at level 1, then move on to level 2 and so on? It wasn't really explained on the DVD.

Thanks!
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    I am starting Ripped in 30 today and would love to be apart of this group for motivation. I already did 30 Day Shred but started to putter out towards the end because I ended up getting sick and it messed with my rhythm/routine.
  • hello1980
    Options
    @tiadame - Ripped in 30, I did the level/Week 1 for just 6 days and rested one full day. She says to make sure you rest for one full day and so I look forward to that day. LOL And now I am on level/Week 2 and I've been doing this for about 8 days. So I would suggest if you feel ready to move on then I say go for it but if you feel that you need to stay at a level for a little bit longer until you can move up then I still think you are getting the benefical of the workout. But she did say to rest one full day. I hope this helped.

@FierceFeline - Welcome to the challenge. She will kick your butt, but in a good way. 8)
  • hello1980
    Options
    :happy: 04/22/2011 Day 3
    RI30 Level 2 - 25 minutes
    Walking - 45 minutes

04/23/2011 Day 4
    RI30 Level 2 - 25 minutes

04/24/2011 Day 5
    REST
  • wisawofgren
    wisawofgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.... my dvd's are in route and I will be starting Sunday morning... Looking forward to shredding and getting ripped with everyone~
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do it!!!!! I'm starting today though because I'm feeling a lot of motivation. Ready to start! I just need to get measured later after work then will begin.
    below are my goals:
  • hello1980
    Options
    @ wisawofgren - Awesome and welcome. It's awesome to have a support group.

@aliciadpo - That's awesome that you are starting today. I just :heart: Jillian Michael's. Well good luck.