Does anyone else get grossed out by...

Options
chris0912
chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
that little sanitary pad that they put under your raw meat? Ugh!! I hate touching it so that I can rinse out the package for recycling!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    LoL..it's a good idea..kinda like a maxi pad for meat:laugh: why not try picking it up with tongs, or a fork ?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is nasty and it smells.
  • kittychick1978
    Options
    hahaha You're so silly! But yeah, I get grossed out by even having to touch the meat, especially raw chicken! ick!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!
  • xinzya
    xinzya Posts: 15
    Options
    that is too funny that you should mention that- just the other night- husband was cooking up some chicken and didn't see the "maxi pad" under it and I was getting a piece of it and had to pull it off- we were talking about that same topic...lol...so he actually cooked it....
  • MLE31
    MLE31 Posts: 4
    Options
    This is why I am glad I'm vegan!
    Lol
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes! But, when you buy organic meat there isn't one of those disgusting things!
  • Heather75
    Options
    On a related topic, I cannot cook ground meat without seasoning, because I hate the smell of it, and I hear the song Meat is Murder playing in my head. I really should be a vegetarian, but animals are just so delicious...
  • lol no but i hate meat (i mean i love eating it) but i have a bit of a phobia towards raw meat I wash my hands and antibactiralize the counters repeatly.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    raw meat in general grosses me out lol
  • AndrewTheWise
    Options
    This is why I hunt my own food. I keep my deer meat during the off-season, and I kil rabbits with a pellet gun all the time. I clean them and eat them myself. When I eat deer steak, I eat it medium rare. Not a lot of things in this world gross me out. Except cottage cheese. It is ROTTED MILK!!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Man I was just making meatballs for a potluck tomorrow and had the same reaction to that pad under there...... Otherwise the blood would just slosh around in the container ya know?! :tongue:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    LOL, Yes!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    husband was cooking up some chicken and didn't see the "maxi pad" under it and I was getting a piece of it and had to pull it off- we were talking about that same topic...lol...so he actually cooked it....

LOL !!!! Oh man, laughing SO hard over here!!!! :laugh:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    This is why I hunt my own food. I keep my deer meat during the off-season, and I kil rabbits with a pellet gun all the time. I clean them and eat them myself. When I eat deer steak, I eat it medium rare. Not a lot of things in this world gross me out. Except cottage cheese. It is ROTTED MILK!!!

Noooo!!! Bambi!!! :sad:

Bunnies are for easter and snuggling, not eating!! :tongue:
  • Heather75
    Options

You can kill, skin and gut animals, but get grossed out by cottage cheese? That's hilarious!
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!

^^^^^^ She's a vegetarian, don't listen to her.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!

^^^^^^ She's a vegetarian, don't listen to her.

HAHAHAHA. Hush :)
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese is the best thing in the WORLD! i used to eat it on EVERYTHING! pizza, pancakes, mix it with mashed potatoes and pickles! love love love it! until i found out how high it was in sodium so i stopped eating it. but now i want some right NOW! thanks. lol.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    On a related topic, I cannot cook ground meat without seasoning, because I hate the smell of it, and I hear the song Meat is Murder playing in my head. I really should be a vegetarian, but animals are just so delicious...
    hahahaha :laugh: