What do you have for breakfast?

Options
I have chosen to stick religiously to weetabix for brekkie for the first few weeks as I know it will keep me content until lunchtime...

What do you guys have for brekkie?

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    A piece of bread and butter, some cold meat e.g. ham or chicken and a slice of cheese, sometimes I add a boiled egg.
  • claireM74
    claireM74 Posts: 10
    Options
    Been working abroad recently, and not much choise for breakfast. Have found that 2 hard boiled eggs (just 1 yolk though) and 1 flatbread, followed by a small pot of natural yoghert and a teaspoon of honey kept me going for ages!
  • jade_85
    jade_85 Posts: 96
    Options
    museli seems to keep me full for the morning xx
  • livvstewart
    Options
    -a small bowl of light yoghurt and some frozen rasberries with that.
    -green tea.
    -a boiled egg
    -a banana
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    i have either porridge made with skimmed milk or water or i have alpen or no fat yoghurt with a banana. i get bored eating the same thing every morning.
  • patriciadunn
    patriciadunn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Quaker rice cake with peanut butter
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    Do you think some scrambled egg on a slice of wholemeal toast would be OK for brekkie?
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It varies, but its usually either greek yogurt with kashi honey almond flax mixed in, or whole-grain english muffins with light cream cheese & a bit of strawberry preserves :)
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a single serve (1 Cup) of Nutragrain (.25 of a cup of 2% milk) and a 8 Oz Cup Latte made on 2% milk with 1.5 sugars.
    Under 300 Calories.

for you... 1 slice of bread is about 55 Calories. plus however many eggs you use... probably not bad at all..
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    Think I might treat myself to it tomorrow :)
  • claireM74
    claireM74 Posts: 10
    Options
    For sure!! Carbs and Protein in a good balance!!
  • xFrancescax
    Options
    I tend to have wholegrain cereal with fruit. this morning was shreddies with strawberries and banna all over...nom nom :)
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I vary it between the following:-

Scrambled eggs on toast
    Peanut butter on toast
    Shredded Wheat
    Porridge
    Morn Flakes

All with a cup of coffee and a glass of Prune Juice

Regards

Paul
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs: one egg, two egg whites.
    With a little reduced fat shredded cheese for flavor. (only if it fits into your calories.)
    Vegetable whole grain toast (35 cal/slice)
    Glass of skim milk.
    Apple/banana
    yoplait light yogurt (100 cal)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i usually have a shake...

on the days i have personal training session i either have boiled eggs on wholemeal / grainy toast or a shake and a cold boiled egg (i cook heaps and keep them in the fridge for when i need an energy fix). I have chooks, so plenty of eggs, and it's the perfect snack that actually provides good energy.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast and my metabolism is dying....help me! LOL
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    bran flakes or fruit and fibre, always - sometimes with a cup or tea or orange juice
  • ashkaps
    ashkaps Posts: 32
    Options
    Protein Shake and Wholemeal toast with Peanut Butter. Getting a bit bored of that now so am going to try change it up with some eggs/oatmeal.
  • adampants
    adampants Posts: 13
    Options
    Porridge with water always allows you calories to put a little bit of golden syrup in :) so it tastes nice and you can change what you put in it aswell so its always differnt :)
  • recwrite
    recwrite Posts: 4
    Options
    This sounds odd, but it’s quick and easy and under 300 calories.

90 cal 2 Jennie-O turkey breakfast links (I cook a batch and keep them in the freezer – take them out as needed and nuke)
    66 cal 2 teaspoons of natural creamy peanut butter (none of that trans fat and sugary junk!)
    120 cal 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread (Safeway house brand is good)

Smear each slice of the bread with a tsp of peanut butter, add a warm sausage and fold/roll and eat – YUM-O!