Being treated better by men........

Options

Replies

• ShiloughCoy
    Options
    Hate to say it, but its neither women nor men who are shallow and treat people poorly due to an array of reasons that have really nothing to do with the person they are mistreating. Its EVERYBODY!! Both men and women are guilty of it. I've seen bad male employees treated better because they were more handsome than their better-preforming counterparts, I've seen women treat other women like crap out of jealousy, I've seen men make fun of other men because they were fat, or short, or bald, I've seen thin friends of mine burst into tears because the "man of their dreams" said they like "thicker women".

Like it or not, we are constantly judged and are judging others on appearances. All one can do is put your best foot forward, be the best person you can be, and lead by example.

Finally, if you don't like the way someone is treating you, look them straight in the eye and TELL THEM SO. Maybe it will help them re-think their bad behavior and save them some embarrassment in the future :)
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    To end my rambling - what happened to sometimes just accepting an advance or a compliment versus looking back and making comparisons. The past has happened, it can not be changed. We live for today only, so chose those around you as though it were your last day... :)

I agree...Just accept your compliments, you worked hard to get in shape you deserve that extra attention shoooot you can pass some of that men attention to me if you dont want it LOL...
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    We live for today only, so chose those around you as though it were your last day... :)

Really like this saying :smile:
  • ritarampage
    Options
    interesting. On the flip side, when I was slim women treat me a lot worse than they do now! I found it harder to make female friends.

I have also found this to be true. I think men in my life have always treated me better than women, regardless of my size. But when I was thin, most of my female friends became bitter and left me. Now that I've plumped back up, women are unbelievably nicer to me! Maybe I'm just around better quality women these days...
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    We live for today only, so chose those around you as though it were your last day... :)

Really like this saying :smile:
    Thanks - something I came up with whilst I was typing (oops rambling..) :)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I personally think its how you carry yourself. Even when I was a little more 'plumper' back than, I still made the effort to dress nice, put on make up and wear my heels. I was confident and bubbly and I guess my body language showed it too. I still got a lot of wolf whistling on the streets and people approaching me.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    <~~~ Loves shallow men. I dont mind the attention, it actually movtivates me to work harder to obtain my goals smiley-ashamed005.gif

I love your honesty :laugh:
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    Um...The women having to wear make up comment is pretty sad.

I have been a "woman" for some time now, and I own 1 eye liner pencil. I used it once..at prom in 2004. My mom never wore make up, so I was never exposed to it and there for, don't use it. Plus I don't think I need it. I am not perfect, and I am not gonna try and cover up my flaws. Take me as I am. Lucky for me I have amazing friends and family ( and the best boyfriend any girl could ask for) and everyone doesn't seem bothered by my lack of make up.

Not saying make up is a bad thing. It just not MY thing.

And about the original topic of being treated better by men... It happens. It goes both ways. ENJOY IT. lol I'm glad people are looking at me and thinking "oh yea!" instead of thinking "OH YEEA KOOL AID!" It really gets me motivated to reach my goal (even if I try to act like i hate it lol)
  • CherryteaMT
    Options
    Have lost 26 lbs. and was hit on THREE times this week.
    Told the boyfriend, "Hey, out there, some think THIS is the pinnacle of HOT. You'd better keep taking care of this."
    Haaa!! =)

LOVE THIS!!
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing. Since losing the weight men treat me better and women treat me worse. Simple and sad as that.

I know exactly how you feel!

I was never really 'seen' by men before and now I get comments from men I know. But women are down right nasty since I have lost weight. I have a few close circle friends that are very supportive but unfortunately the majority of women I know are down right nasty and I find are mainly jealous!
    I don't think I am a supermodel but I look alot better than I used to and now I dress better and look after myself alot more, most of the comments are made behind my back or to others that have repeated it to me.

It's a shame people can't be happy for other peoples achievements!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We all know its true, but when it hits you in the face, its an eye-opener. So over the past year, I have lost 34 lbs. [13 to go]. It has been a slow but steady loss. Men whom I have known for 5 years [some married some not] have begun to treat me better, and it is, well, a little disappointing. We all know pretty people get better treatment. I have always known it, and I must say, it reveals a lot about the people who do a 180 and treat you better. People who treat me the same, I wonder how they have avoided the psychological pitfall that we as humans are able to get into.
    In the back of my mind, I knew this would happen, but it still surprises me.

eh while some may treat you different solely due to the weight loss i think most of the time it's because of you (general you) being more confident.)
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Men are shallow. Fact :P

Primal instinct , men AND WOMEN are exactly the same, you find someone more attractive ,are you gonna punch them in the arm or say whats up homey ? that doesn't leave a very good impression does it now. Women are the same way even if you wont admit it ,Before I was 330 pound , in my 20s women were very nice to me, always smiling as they passed by. When I gained weight and was really heavy that didnt happen much , now that Im in the best shape I been in 10 years it happens all over even with my wife by my side. So dont tell me men are shallow ,it is caca ! people are shallow maybe, but so are animals, infact most things on the planet are this way . The king of the monkeys gets all the ladies, the lion with the most dominance gets all the women ,the peacock with the nicest colors gets the pick of the litter and even some birds that have the best dance impresses the ladies.

It is just nature, not shallow
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    It's easier to find my wife in stores when we get seperated since she lost her weight, I just head in the direction that all the men are looking. :laugh:
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options

PEOPLE are shallow. I know plenty of women who are terrible in this respect.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    To end my rambling - what happened to sometimes just accepting an advance or a compliment versus looking back and making comparisons. The past has happened, it can not be changed. We live for today only, so chose those around you as though it were your last day... :)

- Geez I think I bored myself with all that.. haha :)

Rambling??? Bored??? No way! So nice to see a male that has so much to say!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's easier to find my wife in stores when we get seperated since she lost her weight, I just head in the direction that all the men are looking. :laugh:

I loved this! :laugh:
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Have lost 26 lbs. and was hit on THREE times this week.
    Told the boyfriend, "Hey, out there, some think THIS is the pinnacle of HOT. You'd better keep taking care of this."
    Haaa!! =)

HAHA! I LOVE THAT!!!!

Yeah, it totally sucks when you acknowledge the reality and wonder what's REALLY different. But bottom line - who cares, you're doing a great job for yourself so take the good vibe and run with it! Maybe your Irish is showin'...LOL
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options

Exactly.

I'm married, and went on a MNO (mom night out) with a fellow mom-friend, and it was amazing the amount of men that try to talk to me now, & of all different nationalities, that would have never done so before when I was huge. I even called out this white guy on it, I said "I guarantee you would have never came up to me even prior to my pregnancies, b/c I was still 50lbs. heavier than I am now!" We laughed, and he said "You're right!" He then said it's not only a lack of physical attraction, but that he thinks maybe there is something mentally wrong with the overweight girl, that she doesn't value her health or is lazy about becoming slimmer. It was HILARIOUS. I said, "Well, nothing wrong with me mentally, I just grew up with pasta, pizza, and fried chicken cutlets! hahaahha!"

I'm so happy that I found a man who loved me pre-weight loss size. He comes from a family that also loves food, and has healthy women in it that embrace all sizes. Good men are out there, you just have to find them through family, at a library, at the grocery store lol, not in a shallow atmosphere.
    so true my fiance tells me all the time he will love me regardless. I have gained 50lbs since i met him and he notice that im unhappy with myself so he helps. A real man helps you reach your goal not leave you til you reach it.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Women are shallow. Fact :P
    Fixed it for you

Women do all the things that men have been accused of doing on this thread.

So true. How many good looking guys get thrown in the "Friends Zone"? That same zone I've been in so many times when I was single!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    Women are shallow. Fact :P
    Fixed it for you

Women do all the things that men have been accused of doing on this thread.

So true. How many good looking guys get thrown in the "Friends Zone"? That same zone I've been in so many times when I was single!

I agree that both men and women can be very shallow. I will admit there are times... even lot's of times that I am, I don't want to date someone fat because I have the impression that they don't care enough to take care of themselves. I also will admit I have a hangup with height, I cannot date guys shorter then I am. So if a guy does not like me for my weight, my hair, or whatever then he is not the one for me. I know what I need to do to look my best and I am willing to do that. I will never be able to please everyone and that's ok.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!