"That" time again....

Options
So, unfortunately I suffer from excessive water retention during our lovely time of the month. In one day, I have gained 8 lbs of water weight. I feel awful, and although Im eating correctly and exercising still, I cant seen to get out of my pjs because I look horrible. Anyone have any tricks to stop the water retention, or lessen it even? Some say to take diurex, but I dont know if I should. Please help!!

Replies

• MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So, unfortunately I suffer from excessive water retention during our lovely time of the month. In one day, I have gained 8 lbs of water weight. I feel awful, and although Im eating correctly and exercising still, I cant seen to get out of my pjs because I look horrible. Anyone have any tricks to stop the water retention, or lessen it even? Some say to take diurex, but I dont know if I should. Please help!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    for me? water water and drinkin more water is what I do and I stay away from anything salty at that time especially...

Sorry you're feeling so rotten.... see how downing more water works for you to flush out your body...hope that helps:flowerforyou:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I know how ya feel hon. My body holds onto 10-15 pounds of water during that time and nothing I've tried helps. I just stay off the scale and take comfort in the fact that my TOM only lasts 3 days. I don't take any diuretics as the water usually starts to leave naturally the week after. Seeing that dramatic drop on the scale two weeks after TOM is very exhilarating!