Obsessed about losing

Options
13»

Replies

• mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My husband told me yesterday that my obsession with losing weight is taking a toll on him....because I don't cook amazing fatty meals anymore, lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I think a bit of obsession is healthy. That's one reason why I weigh (almost) every day. To remind me. True, you don't want it depressing you and controlling you, but you definitely need it always there, helping you reach your goals. A friend once told me that to lose weight, you have to really want it. really, really want it. And with that, comes a bit of obsession.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    What a great thread - I'm going to have to read it a second time!

I am obsessed, too - but in light of that, I still screw up, I still make mistakes - so maybe I'm not obessed enough. There are a lot worse things to be obsessed about - so, at least we are obsessed with something positive.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I am obsessed too. It's only benn about a month since I found this site.
    My problem? I get obsessed about different things, then get bored and move onto something else. Hopefully that will not be the case with my lifestyle change!
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    oh you aren't alone!! But, I guess there are worse things to be obsessed about ;)
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    *raises hand* I am obsessed too. It's only benn about a month since I found this site.
    My problem? I get obsessed about different things, then get bored and move onto something else. Hopefully that will not be the case with my lifestyle change!

This seems like my story! I am scared that I'll lose interest and move on, which is why I keep thinking all day long!! I pity my poor husband. I am hardly on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr. MFP is my new obsession now. Even if I eat within limits, I feel weird. I keep thinking about how big my stomach is, how much of water I drank, when was the last time I peed, blah blah. Total OCD.
  • Mrsmaymi
    Mrsmaymi Posts: 1
    Options
    Try not to stress it. You are doing fine. Just don't starve yourself. Remember to be active daily. And stay away from too much sugar, carbs (pasta, rice and breads). Drink plenty of water. You are in the process of training your body to live differently. It's a lifestyle change and some days are better than others. Just love who you are and where you are and enjoy life. You'll miss out on enjoying the one life you have to live worrying about your diet. Once your body understands who's boss, the rest of the way will be easier...Best of luck!
  • CandyAlexia
    CandyAlexia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going through something similar I have calmed down a little over the last week and a half do to support from family and friends, I still have the issue of weighing myself everyday,I am not giving myself a chance to even see if I am making progress, I am a scale junkie. I am obsessed because I guess this is the first time I was ever so serious about losing and not to even say it like that, I was serious the million times before, but the difference is this time I am not doing it for all the wrong reasons, for a Man, to keep up with Hollywood or Models that I will never be like, I am simple doing it for my overall health, the long road, of course I would love to be fabolous by the summer but I am not going to limit myself to a time frame or a goal number anymore, I am just focusing on getting healthier and feeling comfortable in my body.