*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ladies!
    Can I just say how incredibly thankful I am for this amazing challenge group!? You all are phenomenal encouragement!!!

I have been a little MIA due to my birthday on Monday! I managed to do some Wii Boxing and went for a run, and really enjoyed some wonderful food, surrounded my family and friends!!
    My husband also blessed me with so many wonderful gifts, including an Ipad2!!! I couldn't believe it!!! So, after a totally victorious weekend, on Monday and Tuesday, I really enjoyed some fabulous food, and am back at it today!!

Jen: hope your sweet kiddos are feeling better today!

Kerri: as our fearless, wonderful leader, it's nice to know that we're not the only ones who indulge from time to time...! hope all works out with your dad...

Lurayne: Your weekend discipline is AMAZING. I stand in awe! You inspire to me like crazy!!

Daklex: Love your persevering attitude and your success so far!! Thanks for all the tips....get it, girl! P.S. I loathe doctor's office scales too!!!

Caity: YEA!! Size 12!! ; )

drcarrier: Wii Zumba is my favorite! Especially the 45 minute expert workouts with Beto...so fabulous...you feel SO sexy afterwards!!

lindz: that workout you did sounds fabulous and so intense! keep it up!!

Nakita: prayers for next month's results!! ; )

Janana: I need the willpower for Easter too..holy cow...we need to devise a strategy beforehand!!!

travelgirl: good luck finding something fun and new!!

lucy: love your fantastic attitude and your hard work! inspiring!!

see you all at the weigh-in! last chance workouts tomorrow! ; )

p.s. Kerri, thank you for allllllll the spreadsheets and all your hard work!!

p.s.s. still need to figure out a challenge to do tomorrow...we'll see!!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @bitabee- I can't wait to be able to do the Wii Zumba for 45 minutes. I barely survived the beginner level 20 minutes :-) I can tell it is going to help with my waist line, my abs and hips are a little sore.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Jen: hope your sweet kiddos are feeling better today!

Janana: I need the willpower for Easter too..holy cow...we need to devise a strategy beforehand!!!

My kiddos are both doing well. They both finished all meds last night! We are doing a doc recheck on Friday morning.

As for a strategy...I'm going to need one. What can we do?!?!?!?! LOL.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @bitabee well done on the 96oz of water today! We are progressing all the time!

@Janana, here's a tip on how I've managed to up my water intake (Believe me when I say that 3 months ago water rarely passed my lips! I only drank soda, coffee and alcohol so I know how hard it is to start drinking water)
    I started with buying a 500ml bottle of water and I refilled it 4 times throughout the day so I had 8 cups in total (250ml = 1 cup). I always had it in front of me or in my hand or my bag so whenever I saw it I would take a drink.
    After a few weeks I bought a 750ml bottle of water and refilled it 4 times throughout the day as usual. But this gave me 12 cups of water in total! It didn't seem any different to me and I didn't notice I was drinking an extra 4 cups of water I just aimed to finish my bottle every time and then refill it.
    Today I bought a 2litre bottle of water...and refilled it twice! So I drank 16 cups of water today and I didn't even notice! So I think you should give that a shot and see how you do. Once you have a bottle on you, you'll keep remembering to drink water.

Hope this helps!
  • janana81
    Options
    That is a good idea Lorraine! I used to work for Pepsi...and we had free everything all the time. It was SO easy to just grab a 20 oz bottle of water anytime I went into our lunch room. I would drink at least 4 a day when I worked. Now...not so much.

I am definitely a "drink soda and alcohol" kind of gal. LOL. I bought some of the zero calorie tubs of pink lemonade or peach tea to mix with water and I drink that occasionally....but not all the time.
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hi FABulous ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. It looks like everyone has had some ups and downs since I last checked in. I hope everyone is back on track since today was hump day.

I have had a really exciting week with my weight. I am .2 lbs away from my Easter goal, so I'm hoping to make it by our weigh-in on Friday. I met my first mini-goal (set for Valentine's Day) really early, but when I went on vacay at the end of last month, it really set me back and I had to re-lose 4 lbs. (I probably would have been well under my Easter goal by now ... grrr!!) I'm stoked to be so close to my next goal, even if it is JUST before Easter.

Of course, today TOM started a little early, so I'm doing my absolute best not to hork down a ton of chocolate. Fortunately, I haven't bought any Easter candy for my kids yet, but I'm taking them to a humongous egg hunt tomorrow, so that is sure to change.

Anyhoo ... I'm thinking of you all, my friends. I hope we're all able to avoid temptation, make good choices and work our butts OUT for the rest of the week.

Oh, and my new challenge wasn't so much the activity that I did, but the time I exercised. I woke up early TWICE this week to work out before my kiddies got up. May not sound like much, but let me tell you, I am NOT a morning person. I rarely go to sleep at a reasonable hour, so I am never up before 7 or 7:30. And even then my kids have to bug me to death for 10 minutes before I get out of bed. (BAD MOMMY!)

The best part is, I really enjoyed the time to myself, and it was awesome not to have to rush to exercise when my kids were at school. I'm going to try to get up early again on Friday morning when my hubby has to work again. He is working until 3 am tonight and will most likely frown upon my turning the TV on at 6 am tomorrow morning while he's trying to sleep. ;-)

On another note, I'm thrilled that my husband and I just started the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover! I'm all about lists and budgeting, but a lot of time, following through was where I slacked off. I'm a total foodie, (have I mentioned to you all that I'm a Food Network JUNKIE? I've given it up for Lent TWICE!) and I love to bake and cook with specialty ingredients. Believe it or not, my biggest weakness was not shoes, clothes, or purses, but GROCERIES!! So, planning my meals out for the week has really cut down on my calories, and I'm hoping it will do the same for our bank account.

So, just thought I'd share with you ladies. If anyone has considered doing it, it is definitely worth the $25 investment in his book to check it out.

Take care everyone. I'll check back in on Friday!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @Travel-- have you ever done a ballet barre cardio workout? A girl I went to school with for 10 years is one of the owners of Barre Bee Fit in Chicago. It is located on LaSalle just north of the river. Not sure where you are staying,obviously, but it is an option. There individual classes are $15, and listed on their website barrebefit.com. I'm not sure if their brand new studio on Lincoln Park is open yet, if you are staying in the north part of the city.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Last chance workout today! I hope everyone is doing well and staying on track this week. As regards the challenge for this week, I tried a pilates workout on Youtube yesterday it only lasted about 15mins and I don't think I got that much out of it cos I was too busy trying to remember the moves instead of putting 110% into the actual exercise! I got some weights and a run in yesterday as well though so I didn't slack off completely!
    But I don't think I'll be able to fit another video/new workout in before tomorrow because I'm up to my eyes editing a film at the moment and I don't have time to look around for a new workout. Instead I'm going to use this challenge to FORCE myself to get to the gym today and tomorrow morning. Since I joined the gym in January I haven't managed to get myself to go 4 days out of the week. Usually only 2 days and sometimes 3. But this week my challenge is to go to the gym 4 days...Monday & Tuesday are done, now I need to go today and tomorrow. This is something I haven't done before so I'm not breaking the rules of the challenge! haha

I'm looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow morning, I feel I've done good this week. Ive up'ed my water intake, exercised everyday so far, watched my food like a hawk! and TOM is gone! Whoohoo! So hopefully will be a good number tomorrow. My 2nd goal is coming up tomorrow aswell....oooh the excitement! Will fill you all in then.

Best of luck today ladies. KICK *kitten*! :heart:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    @shamrock- My husband and I started planning out our dinners weekly since the beginning of Jan and it has made a huge difference in how much food we waste as well as staying on plan for calories. We plan out healthy well balanced meals and since we don't want to waste the food we almost always stick with the meal plan. We reduced our grocery bill from 120-150 a week to 80-100 a week. If you include the money we are saving by not going out to eat 3-4 times a week we are probably saving close to 100 dollars a week!

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I can honestly say I don't know what to expect. I have been good this week, I haven't stepped on the scale since Monday. I usually step on a few times a week out of curiousity but I am trying to stop doing this. I just haven't been feeling it. I feel like I am going through the motions but not living the lifestyle this week. My head is in it, I am making okay choices but my heart isn't 100% committed. I don't know if it is the weather bringing me down or life just exhausting me. I just hope I can get back to 100% commitment before I fall into bad habits.

You ladies have been amazing. I really think the only reason I haven't fallen off the wagon 100% is because of the accountability and support that I have found in this group. So thank you all!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Last chance workout today! Best of luck today ladies. KICK *kitten*! :heart:

Debating how much to do tonight! I've had great energy and such a positive attitude the last two days...Ok so really today is day 2 but I feel GREAT (mentally). I don't know the last time I have felt this way...but I'm LOVING IT!!! I feel energized and I'm in such a good mood. So my "last chance workout" tonight is Insanity (don't remember what workout specifically) and if I'm still energized and have enough time I will do my 40 minute challenge...which I'm SUPER excited to do!

Today's schedule:
    -Work
    -Tan (need some Vitamin D)
    -Workout
    -Make/Eat dinner
    -School work

OHHHHHHH...AND...This is my last week of Grad school...as of May 6th I will officially have my MASTER'S DEGREE!!!!!!!! ***SIGH***
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    On another note, I'm thrilled that my husband and I just started the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover! I'm all about lists and budgeting, but a lot of time, following through was where I slacked off. I'm a total foodie, (have I mentioned to you all that I'm a Food Network JUNKIE? I've given it up for Lent TWICE!) and I love to bake and cook with specialty ingredients. Believe it or not, my biggest weakness was not shoes, clothes, or purses, but GROCERIES!! So, planning my meals out for the week has really cut down on my calories, and I'm hoping it will do the same for our bank account.

So, just thought I'd share with you ladies. If anyone has considered doing it, it is definitely worth the $25 investment in his book to check it out.

My friend is obsessed with Dave Ramsey! We've followed his 7-Baby steps, although we don't have 3-6 months of an emergency budget quite yet and we're already investing. But we got out of debt first (aside from our house of course haha). I'm a very very big budgeter. My husband hates it, but I know he's grateful I do it!

Planning our meals has really helped us cut down our grocery budget. Lukas has also just started eating solid food and I'm making it all for him too, which is going to save us a ton, PLUS I know exactly what he is eating and it's not processed.

Anyways, hah sorry I know this isn't a budget form I will stop now :)

Happy last chance workout day guys!! PUSH IT!! :tongue:
  • janana81
    Options

Took a pregancy test on Monday and it was negative. Pretty bummed, but it is ok! Just try again next month! Then, TOM arrived today..grr. So... I feel like eating everything and right now I am showing a 2lb gain =(

I have totally forgotten to reply! I am so sorry you got that negative on your test. :( It's a bummer. I've been there plenty of times. The good news is that you can have fun keepin' on tryin'. hehe. :)
  • janana81
    Options
    Hi FABulous ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. It looks like everyone has had some ups and downs since I last checked in. I hope everyone is back on track since today was hump day.

I have had a really exciting week with my weight. I am .2 lbs away from my Easter goal, so I'm hoping to make it by our weigh-in on Friday. I met my first mini-goal (set for Valentine's Day) really early, but when I went on vacay at the end of last month, it really set me back and I had to re-lose 4 lbs. (I probably would have been well under my Easter goal by now ... grrr!!) I'm stoked to be so close to my next goal, even if it is JUST before Easter.

Of course, today TOM started a little early, so I'm doing my absolute best not to hork down a ton of chocolate. Fortunately, I haven't bought any Easter candy for my kids yet, but I'm taking them to a humongous egg hunt tomorrow, so that is sure to change.

Anyhoo ... I'm thinking of you all, my friends. I hope we're all able to avoid temptation, make good choices and work our butts OUT for the rest of the week.

Oh, and my new challenge wasn't so much the activity that I did, but the time I exercised. I woke up early TWICE this week to work out before my kiddies got up. May not sound like much, but let me tell you, I am NOT a morning person. I rarely go to sleep at a reasonable hour, so I am never up before 7 or 7:30. And even then my kids have to bug me to death for 10 minutes before I get out of bed. (BAD MOMMY!)

The best part is, I really enjoyed the time to myself, and it was awesome not to have to rush to exercise when my kids were at school. I'm going to try to get up early again on Friday morning when my hubby has to work again. He is working until 3 am tonight and will most likely frown upon my turning the TV on at 6 am tomorrow morning while he's trying to sleep. ;-)

I am TOTALLY a foodie! I am obsessed with Top Chef, Chopped, Challenges....basically ANYTHING that has to do with cooking shows. I would have died giving this up for Lent! That shows some power. LOL. I love to cook and I'll try any recipe and I try to make my own up as I go.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Anyone else not seeing live updates on there home? According to my home page no one has posted anything in 10 hours? Just curious if it is everyone or just me.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes, according to the technical support board, there is a problem at amazon.com

Just booked my initial consultation with our new personal trainer at work for next Thursday, she is doing measurements, so I'll use those as my May 1 measurements...hopefully it won't totally screw my numbers up. LOL
  • janana81
    Options
    YAY Lori! I'm sure those #s will be fine! xoxo
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    **bump** I'm here ladies! Busy crazy week, but on top of it all I've keeping up w/ exercise and healthy eating! :-) Excited for weigh in tomorrow... xx ~Desirae
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    bridget: My husband I started the Total Money Makeover when we first got married about 1.5 years ago, and I am happy to report that at this point, we have paid off almost $25k in school loans!!!!! We LOVE Dave Ramsey and we're so, so grateful for his expertise!! We should be able to scream that we're debt-free by this December! You can do it!!! Financial Freedom is possible...!!

p.s. ladies, you're all doing amazing this week, can't wait for tomorrow's numbers! Mine may be a little sketchy due to my birthday....we'll see!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Happy LAST CHANCE WORKOUT DAY! I hope everyone is having a great Thursday! Also, I love hearing all the new acitivities people are trying! I hope everyone has gotten a chance to try something new, whatever it may be, or they are planning on doing it today! Thanks to all you guys for everything this week. I am feeling better about my "stuff" today as compared to Monday. I still haven't spoken to my father but hopefully we can talk on Easter.

Don't forget to send me your weights Friday as soon as you get them. I also never received a handful last week so if you're one of them, please send me two! If I don't get one again this week I will delete ya ;) SO PLEASE continue with this! I know some of us are friends of friends, so try and keep your buddies (real life) accountable! =) This is suppose to be fun!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Ok ... something I've never done as a workout is swimming. I swam a little last week, but not nearly as much of a workout as I got in today. Holy cow! 90 minutes in the pool, but I only put 60 minutes worth of calories burned. I am wiped out! I hope I see some drop in the scale tomorrow. I'd love to be under 215 when I wake up!!

I'll check back in tomorrow ladies!!