Who wants to do the hundred push up challenge with me?

Options
I saw a closed post on here about a hundred push up challenge... I want to do it too! The training seems pretty straight forward! I am starting on Monday. There is a test to help you determine where to start on the training...by the end you should be able to do 100 consecutive push ups...pretty impressive!

Who's in! Not to pressure you...but I think most of my "friends" will join the challenge!!!!!!

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Why not, I'll give it a try. The most I've done (many years ago) was around 25ish.
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    Options
    I want to do this. I started the 30 Day Shred last night and was totally ashamed about the form and amount of push-ups I can do. I will start tonight. I love how the site tells you exactly how many to do in each set. This is great. I will check in tonight and tell ya how it went!
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    I'm in!!

I have the App for my iPhone!!

When's the start date for the challenge?
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!! I've been saying Im gonna start putting more emphasis on PUs and SUs and just haven't DONE IT!! Thank you for the motivation to get it started today!! :D
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I think I will join, I was at the gym the other day and I was totally impressed with a lady there with some awesome upper torso muscles . . .this sounds like a great program.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    me :)
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I will work this into my workout schedule but will give it a try.

Here is another push up based challenge that could use the numbers.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216266-100-000-pressup-challenge-who-s-in
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'll have a go. I do the cheaty girly ones at the moment, as I can do about 25 of those, whereas I can only do 10 full ones.
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm in. A real challenge - I suck at doing push-ups. Can barely do one (whatta loser, I know! :wink: )
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I probably would pass out, I can barely do 20
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll try it!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    I will try it, just remind me by Monday :) Thank you. :smile:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I'm saying this... but I'd like to join too!

I'm debating whether I'm going to do "knee pushups" or regular pushups. My upper body is pretty weak. Hmmmm....which to choose...

Okay, so I just did the test and was able to do 1.5 regular pushups with good form :grumble: - I was still able to do 12 knee pushups afterward with good form... so I'm making it official.

I will be completing the 100 push-up challenge on my knees! :smokin:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Okay I am so in! Have been slackin off lately! This should kick my rumpus into gear!:smile:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I saw a closed post on here about a hundred push up challenge... I want to do it too! The training seems pretty straight forward! I am starting on Monday. There is a test to help you determine where to start on the training...by the end you should be able to do 100 consecutive push ups...pretty impressive!

Who's in! Not to pressure you...but I think most of my "friends" will join the challenge!!!!!!

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

DId I just read that I'm not really your friend if I don't? :tongue:
  • iamvillanueva
    Options
    I"ll definitely join! I've been trying to improve on my pushups anyway. I'm at about 15-20 good pushups right now, but I have not been very disciplined about consinstency.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm game!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yippeee!!! Let's officially start on Monday, kay? I might do one of the sessions today and one on Saturday, just to see how it goes.

I am also concerned about fitting it in to my workout schedule. I don't want to do it the day after upper body...or the day before. I might do it on upper body days, that 2 times per week (Mon and Thurs) and on Saturday which is a cardio day. I think I'll do it those days, after I warm up, but before I do my actual weights.

It does say what to do to move up from knee ones right? If not...just start on week one and do that the best you can for a couple of weeks!

I went on and read the final challenege, just to see what to expect! I can't wait!!!!

Debbie, you are my friend either way...but DO IT!!!!

Don't forget to do the test to see where you are supposed to start!!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I'm saying this... but I'd like to join too!

I'm debating whether I'm going to do "knee pushups" or regular pushups. My upper body is pretty weak. Hmmmm....which to choose...

Okay, so I just did the test and was able to do 1.5 regular pushups with good form :grumble: - I was still able to do 12 knee pushups afterward with good form... so I'm making it official.

I will be completing the 100 push-up challenge on my knees! :smokin:

I did 12 in the girlie position....think I'll stick with that one!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump...

Just want to give other people the chance. Not that it's just for us girls...but....Imagine being able to do nearly a hundred push ups by Mother's Day!!!!!