7 Fast-Food Meals Under 350

Options
2»

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    For those watching carbs and needing protein:

KFC Grilled Chicken Fillet. I think they're around 140 calories a piece, ~ 23g of protein, 1g carbs. Have 2 of them and you're under 300 calories and 2g of carbs with 45-46g of protein.

Nice tip, thanks!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    wow, the sodium in these are off the charts!!!
    I'd blow my sodium intake in one meal!
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Look at the sodium amount and you would see that it is not such a great meal.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Thanks for the post...it's hard to know what to order when you go out. I don't know how many times I've ordered what I thought was the lowest calorie option on a menu-only to find out it was one of the highest. And duh the sodium is high...it's FAST FOOD. I have 4 kids and in between ball practice and swimming lessons and band practice-we do make the ocassional pit stop at Mickey D's and it's nice to know the best options.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes "Misery loves company" this is not a negative place for anyone. If you disagree with the article then move on.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Sodium isn't a problem so long at you are not high all of the time and you realize that taking in to much over the course of a few days will probably lead to water retention. However, this thread is about what to eat if you have little choice in where you eat which sometimes happens. Eating some of these foods once in a while isn't going to kill anyone or even affect fat loss at all. Sure, it's not something you want to do every day but in a pinch it's OK.
  • SarahofTwins
    Options
    I agree with you above ^ Once in awhile isn't going to make you go over board. It's just in case you are going to be out and are not sure what you might pick out. Not saying those are the best choices but they are "some" choices
  • KimDis
    KimDis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hope you won't take this as criticism, just sharing more options. I'm probably more conscious than ever of the sodium in fast food. And yes I've always known it was salty but now I have a different context. I was surprised to see how high this is.

Subway just announced they're going to be cutting back on sodium in their food over the next year. Looking forward to it. Hope this motivates other restaurants to do the same.

I'm on the road a lot for work and fast food is often the easiest option as I run about. I think there are people who'd like to be able to enjoy it and are just trying to balance how they can do this and manage their goals. I'm also sensitive to sodium since even though it isn't a problem for me, my ethnicity predisposes me to high blood pressure risks.

If I had or wanted to I'd probably choose to get one of the posted meals but only eat half & have a salad with a touch of light dressing. You can get a salad from almost any fast food restaurant and be a bit more full at the end of your meal. Also by having half of the other option you get to have a fast food fix with less sodium.

Thanks for sharing - I think it's always good to know what you can eat in a pinch or if you really want fast food but don't want to derail your progress.
  • SarahofTwins
    Options
    I hope you won't take this as criticism, just sharing more options. I'm probably more conscious than ever of the sodium in fast food. And yes I've always known it was salty but now I have a different context. I was surprised to see how high this is.

Subway just announced they're going to be cutting back on sodium in their food over the next year. Looking forward to it. Hope this motivates other restaurants to do the same.

I'm on the road a lot for work and fast food is often the easiest option as I run about. I think there are people who'd like to be able to enjoy it and are just trying to balance how they can do this and manage their goals. I'm also sensitive to sodium since even though it isn't a problem for me, my ethnicity predisposes me to high blood pressure risks.

If I had or wanted to I'd probably choose to get one of the posted meals but only eat half & have a salad with a touch of light dressing. You can get a salad from almost any fast food restaurant and be a bit more full at the end of your meal. Also by having half of the other option you get to have a fast food fix with less sodium.

Thanks for sharing - I think it's always good to know what you can eat in a pinch or if you really want fast food but don't want to derail your progress.

I love to hear constructive criticism! It's much appreciated! I just dont like it when its just plain negative. Thank you for sharing :)
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Some of those I'd hardly call meals.

Also, the McDonalds Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad with grilled chicken is only 260 calories. Their southwest dressing is 100 for the packet and I'd argue you can easily get by with only half a packet. And that's a lot more filling than most of the stuff on this list.

I see some posts about negative comments. I hope my comment wasn't taken as negative. I was just sharing my opinion.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Some of those I'd hardly call meals.

Also, the McDonalds Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad with grilled chicken is only 260 calories. Their southwest dressing is 100 for the packet and I'd argue you can easily get by with only half a packet. And that's a lot more filling than most of the stuff on this list.

I agree! I'd be starving if all I had was a whopper jr for a meal .. and I'd have no sodium left for the day!