What's your favorite newly found food?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Roasted root vegetables, especially turnips and parsnips. who knew??
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, White Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter, & Greek Yogurt, yum..yum!!
  • Berberena33
    Berberena33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese - I am totally hooked and it is only 35 calories per wedge! I spread it on crackers (Wheatable's are my favorites) or you can spread it on a sandwich in place of Mayo, YUMMY!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    A recipe I found on here for egg rolls. I tweaked them a little and they are my new healthy addiction! Bought some red Quinoa that I can't wait to try after listing to people posting about it.

I just made these this week and they were soooooo good! My husband said it was the best egg roll he had ever had:smooched: . I just tried savory oatmeal today and I will be eating it frequently from now on-yum. I practically live off of hummus. Almond Milk is so good. I've always loved vegetables of every kind, but I buy mostly fresh veggies now and cook them up where I used to use more canned and frozen varietys. I am pretty proud of how I have changed the way I cook. I'm a busy mother of 4 and used to be all about the processed/prepackaged food and now it rarely shows up on our table. I wasn't even really trying to cut that stuff out-I just noticed one day that I never buy prepackaged food anymore!
  • Alannah1980
    Alannah1980 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Kiwis! I love having a between meal kiwi snack.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Bump.... gettin hungry...
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This is probably supposed to be for only healthy foods but I found these lovely low cal, sugar free chocolate chip cookies that I'm head over heels for! The brand is called Joseph's and you can have 4 for 95 cals. They're mini cookies but they filled me up as a snack for about 3 hours. Love em!
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. Before I tried it, I was always like "Sure, you can substitute squash for pasta...that sounds delicious *sarcasm*". But, it's TRUE! I love it!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    KEFIR. hands down. yummy.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hearts of palm which come in a jar, bought at costco, and are great in salads, pasta, topped with a tiny bit of salad dressing for a snack, or any way you can think of. They're sort of like artichoke hearts but more tender.
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • neverrgiveup
    Options
    Almonds!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Chobani Greek Fat Free PLAIN yogurt. It's the best. 18 grams of protein, only 7 grams of sugar, naturally occuring, none added. not too bad on the sodium about 85 per cup serving. Great texture. I love it!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Roasted root vegetables, especially turnips and parsnips. who knew??

Yes, I agree with you. I LOVE THEM!!!!!! I slice them with my food processor to make thin wafers and bake them with Mrs. Dash seasoning on a cookie tray. YUMMMY!!!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE hot dogs (still do </3) but I've found a replacement! Turkey dogs :D or chicken sausage. Fantastic and way better tasting than meatless hotdogs / sausage (blegh)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've started eating many new things, but the one thing that stands out is spinach. I use spinach in salads, on sandwiches, and even in egg white omlets.