*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weighing in a bit early today :)
    I bought a new digital scale, when my second-hand $1 one decided one morning that i was 8 pounds heavier when i'd been eating well and hitting the gym daily.
    But according to this new one i'm 135.5 pounds. I know that it's right, because it's the same as the gym scale, but i kind of feel like i don't deserve it? Like it's the scale and not me!
    I will be going with this new number though because i need an accurate measurement, and i have changed my goal weight too, because i don't feel like i'm that close yet.
    Hope everyone is having a great holiday, i'm off to the beach with my boyfriend for a few days and there wont be any internet!
    And @ Shamrock, i love swimming, it's such a great workout. It's great to change it up once in a while :)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @Travel-- have you ever done a ballet barre cardio workout? A girl I went to school with for 10 years is one of the owners of Barre Bee Fit in Chicago. It is located on LaSalle just north of the river. Not sure where you are staying,obviously, but it is an option. There individual classes are $15, and listed on their website barrebefit.com. I'm not sure if their brand new studio on Lincoln Park is open yet, if you are staying in the north part of the city.

Darn, I wish I would have checked in here sooner! I am in the North part of town, up near the Magnificent Mile. Unfortunately we are leaving tomorrow heading back to Cali. Since I couldn't get anything done here, I plan on trying to get this challenge done next week. I hate doing that, but it was too hard to try here and too cold. I was expecting warmer weather, so I didn't bring winter clothes. Silly me! :/

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion because I will be here on and off through Sept., so I just may ask you for more info!

You guys rock! :)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    4/1: 170.8
    4/8: 169.0
    4/15: 167.0
    4/22: 168.0

Gained a pound. Uggh. Not really suprised. As I said yesterday, I haven't been trying at 100% and I got kind of the result I expected. I did minimal exercising this week, didn't drink my water, and probably didn't log completely accurately. But this is good. I think this is just the slap in the face I need to get over this hump. Everytime in the last 10 years I have tried to lose weight I get stuck right where I am and I am NOT letting that happen this time. I will break through and start losing again next week.

I am not checking in with my mini challenge this week as I know I did horrible :-/. My goals for this coming weekend 4/22-4/24
    - exercise daily for at least 45 minutes
    - Drink 80 oz of water daily
    - Stay within calories on Saturday and within 250 calories over on Sunday (being realistic with Easter)

My goals for the next full week Fri-Thu 4/22-4/28
    - Burn 3500 cals
    - Drink 80 oz of water daily
    - Under on Sodium daily and overall cals everyday except Easter

I need to kick it in to high gear this next week. I need to get focus. I am runing my first registered 5K on May 1st and I really don't feel prepared for it. I know I have been running a bunch and training for it and I know if I set my mind to it I can do the distance no problem but I am very self-conscious about running and exercising in front of people. In my mind I am still that fat girl on the treadmill. I still imagine people thinking or whispering "what does she think she's doing" or "look at all that flab bounce when she is running". For me to do this 5k it is more than overcoming my hate for running (which is more of a love/hate relationship now) It is for me to get past these stupid self-image issues I have had for the last 8-10 years. So here is to a great week next week. Thank you for listening. Hope you all have a better number than I did. Have a great weekend!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    ok...so i'm up yet another pound...

W1: 126 (unrealistic b/c of just being sick)
    W2: 127
    W3: 127.8
    W4: 128.8

I will say that I'm getting back on track though. I feel great and my body doesn't LOOK like it's changing at all besides on the scale! This week I dealt with a lot of PRE-TOM! Not so much with how I felt but definitely in what I've been EATING! You know...like EVERYTHING in sight ;)

I'm not going to beat myself up for gaining again (even though you girls might b/c it doesn't help our weight loss total AT ALL!) but I can promise you...I AM working!!!

As of Tuesday this coming week I will have my Master's completed and won't have to do a limited workout each night...instead I can do my Insanity workout and also incorporate some running and strength training! I got a sneak peak of that last night and I LOVED IT! Could have worked out all night!!!

Hope you all had a great week and enjoy your weekend :)
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Weighin in: Same deal, nothing has changed. Believe it or though that is not a bad thing for me. This week has been quite challenging for me and the emotional eating was 'partially' controlled. I'm glad it didn't show on the scale. Very happy about that.

You know what though, I've learned a few things this week:
    1) I learned to pay attention to small steps I'm taking in the right direction. A good example of this is having to now take in my bra because they are a bit too big. Love that! Another example is having the hubby recognize that I'm losing weight, which is HUGE for he sees me every day.

2) I learned that I need to work out to be happy. As stated before the studios at our gym were closed this week due to renovation and I thought I would be able to just go to another gym or start a new routine. Well, I don't know what happened but nothing happened. I only went to the gym once this week. I feel as though I got too comfortable following my little routine and just couldn't handle the change. I don't mind changing work out regimes every so often, but not being around the people I normally work out with and not being able to go to the same gym really threw me off. So silly I know, but I can't come up with another explanation.

3) I learned that I need to work out to keep my energy up! I was falling asleep at work every day this week and I'm like, what gives?

4) I confirmed that I cannot be on this journey by myself. I was baffled by this. There was a time when I would go and work out by myself for hours on end, however that's no longer the case. I never knew how comfortable I'd gotten until this week. I need the help of God and others to continue to take steps in the right direction.

5) I also realized that had it not been for this week's challenge I wouldn't have exercised at all. So thanks for the 'extra push' ...

6) I learned that my body is no longer a fan of junk food. Let's remember my emotional/throw in the towel week (I think TOM is around the corner because I've been riding an emotional rollercoaster) ... I went to PANDA EXPRESS yesterday for dinner ... Yes, I know!!! I know!!! AND ... I ate the whole plate, I know, I know!!! Well, a few minutes after eating I sat on my couch and my tummy started feeling sick and (without giving you a visual) it went downhill and let's just say I involuntarily cleared my 'pipes' ... I felt much better after the fact, but what a lesson to be learned.

So ... enjoy your Friday and may we continue to learn more about ourselves and each other ...

Enoguh writing Lucy ... get back to work :) Thanks for pushing me and encouraging me on a daily basis. You gals rock!
  • lucybp
    Options
    ok...so i'm up yet another pound...

W1: 126 (unrealistic b/c of just being sick)
    W2: 127
    W3: 127.8
    W4: 128.8

I will say that I'm getting back on track though. I feel great and my body doesn't LOOK like it's changing at all besides on the scale! This week I dealt with a lot of PRE-TOM! Not so much with how I felt but definitely in what I've been EATING! You know...like EVERYTHING in sight ;)

I'm not going to beat myself up for gaining again (even though you girls might b/c it doesn't help our weight loss total AT ALL!) but I can promise you...I AM working!!!

As of Tuesday this coming week I will have my Master's completed and won't have to do a limited workout each night...instead I can do my Insanity workout and also incorporate some running and strength training! I got a sneak peak of that last night and I LOVED IT! Could have worked out all night!!!

Hope you all had a great week and enjoy your weekend :)

Don't worry about the scale. You say you are doing great in each department and that's what really counts. Good for you for not beating yourself up.
    Congrats on getting your Master's, what a great accomplishment. Enjoy the weekend ;)
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    Hello Ladies...Happy Friday!

I maintained this week...good enough for me considering I started a new job and have a new schedule. Adjustment is always interesting!!!

Week 1: 145.6 lbs
    Week 2: 146.4 lbs
    Week 3: 144.8 lbs
    Week 4: 144.8 lbs

Challenge Goal ~ 135 lbs

...good luck to everyone, keep pushing forward!!

Cheers! :drinker:
    [/quote]
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Easter Ladies!!

I am happy to report a loss of 1.8 lbs this week. My first loss since my vacation last month.:happy:
    I think part of the challenge for the weekend for me will be counting the chocolate eggs (or whatever other easter crap I steal from the kids) I eat. I know they will be a big temptation for me. Once I start I can't stop. I will however drink 75 oz of water daily and keep my calorie intake in check (maybe not on Sunday). As for excerise I am still suffering with my back so I haven't been pushing it at all. Walking is all I've done so I guess I'll stick with that for now, at least it is something. Any other suggestions??

4/1 137.72 lbs
    4/8 141.46 lbs
    4/15 141.46 lbs
    4/21 139.7 lbs
    Goal weight for the challenge 130 lbs
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies! Today is one of the happiest days of my life. This morning I went to the gym to weigh in and I literally cried when I got on the scale. This morning I weighed in at 151lbs! This is the most amazing news for a number of reasons...

1. I am NOT OVERWEIGHT for the first time in my life. (Reason enough to cry with happiness)

2. I have a healthy BMI! Woohoo!!!!

3. My Easter goal was today and was set for 153.9lbs.... I beat my goal by 2.9lbs! YAYYY!!!!

4. I have lost 19lbs since I started MFP

5. I FEEL FLIPPING FANTASTIC!

I hope I help with the group loss total this week! A whopping 6.4lbs since last Friday (note I had TOM last weekend aswell)

Here are my stats :

Week 0: 156lbs
    Week 1: 155.8lbs
    Week 2: 157.4lbs
    Week 3: 151lbs!!!! (Still cant believe it :noway: )

Sorry if Im going on and on and on I just cant contain myself right now, I feel like I've climbed Mount Everest! And it is most definitely ALL down to this site and everyone in this challenge I had been stuck at my starting weight for 2 years and couldn't lose anything and now look at me! Whoop!

Who's on for the weekend pact?! We are going to NAIL it this weekend! I cant wait!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL! xxx
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good morning fab chickies! :)

My weight topped in exactly the same. LOL. But I did put on some jeans that I wore just last week....and I needed a belt!!! Woo-hoooooo!!!! And to top that off...the belt I put on I have not worn in YEARS! I can't wait to measure everything next week - that will be a month already since our 1st measurement!

So.....weigh in...

132.6!

4/1 135.5
    4/8 128
    4/15 132.6
    4/22 132.6
  • janana81
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies! Today is one of the happiest days of my life. This morning I went to the gym to weigh in and I literally cried when I got on the scale. This morning I weighed in at 151lbs! This is the most amazing news for a number of reasons...

1. I am NOT OVERWEIGHT for the first time in my life. (Reason enough to cry with happiness)

2. I have a healthy BMI! Woohoo!!!!

3. My Easter goal was today and was set for 153.9lbs.... I beat my goal by 2.9lbs! YAYYY!!!!

4. I have lost 19lbs since I started MFP

5. I FEEL FLIPPING FANTASTIC!

I hope I help with the group loss total this week! A whopping 6.4lbs since last Friday (note I had TOM last weekend aswell)

Here are my stats :

Week 0: 156lbs
    Week 1: 155.8lbs
    Week 2: 157.4lbs
    Week 3: 151lbs!!!! (Still cant believe it :noway: )

Sorry if Im going on and on and on I just cant contain myself right now, I feel like I've climbed Mount Everest! And it is most definitely ALL down to this site and everyone in this challenge I had been stuck at my starting weight for 2 years and couldn't lose anything and now look at me! Whoop!

Who's on for the weekend pact?! We are going to NAIL it this weekend! I cant wait!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL! xxx

GIRL! I am so proud of you! You keep it up you hot chick you! :):):)
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    awesome weigh-ins!!!

LW: 169.6
    CW: 167.8

yay!!!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, I am a little disappointed about gaining a pound since I have really been active this week with my cardio. I think it is most likely pre-tom bloating but still disappointing none the less especially since last night was the most calories I have ever burned since starting this journey in January.

Anywho, I am super excited to see the losses posted so far!

wk 1: 208
    wk 2: 204.6
    wk 3: 204
    wk 4: 205.4

hugs and smooches all :heart:
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Blah, well I lost .6lbs. I know.. I know.. every little bit counts and I should be happy with that, especially since TOM finally decided to hit yesterday. But I can't help but feel bummed a bit. I was under calories all week, and I kicked my own *kitten* this week with workouts and drank at least 100oz of water each day.

I'm SO IN on the weekend pact this weekend!! We are going to Novi for a friends birthday tomorrow and I've already said I would be the DD so I don't drink my calories. Sunday is Easter, but we celebrated last weekend up north, so I'm hoping I can get my Mom to cook some healthy things for this Sunday :) I've got to get my butt in gear. I've gotta find a bathing suit soon for all of our summer trips, but I'm still dreading it!

Baaahh Okay, I'm going to shake it off and move on. I NEED TO!

Congrats to all the ladies who had losses this week :smile:
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Down .4 this week. Very fgood considering I was up earlier this week by a pound.

I was able to get to my first jazzercise body sculpting class today, so I'll use that as my challenge accomplishment, something I hadn't done before.

Off to take a quick shower and take DD to her 3 year old check up.... This should be fun. She now knows she will get a shot at this appointment. :-(
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So I am down 1.9 pounds this week. I plan to go hit the gym for a few hours this morning then come home and dive into my challenge which is finding a workout on demand (tv) to do...hoping that ticker moves A LOT tomorrow when I officially record my weight!

GREAT JOB LADIES! I never have time to respond individually but I do sit and read the messages! Keep up the great work! Almost one month in!!
  • janana81
    Options
    Down .4 this week. Very fgood considering I was up earlier this week by a pound.

I was able to get to my first jazzercise body sculpting class today, so I'll use that as my challenge accomplishment, something I hadn't done before.

Off to take a quick shower and take DD to her 3 year old check up.... This should be fun. She now knows she will get a shot at this appointment. :-(

Hey Lori - which office did you visit? I was in the car taking Logan for a recheck on his ears for the walk in hours at the office on Telegraph...and I didn't realize it was already 9:30 and hours ended at 10! Blah. So I'll be taking him on Monday. It would have been fun to see you though! LOL.
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great Job girls!! I am happy to report that I maintained this week and I am sooo excited because I was up 2 lbs earlier this week and this is TOM week. I am hoping next week to be in the 120's....125 seems so close, but yet so far away. I start my new diet plan on MOnday...so we will see how it goes. Regardless, I went out with some friends that I haven't seen in over a year and they could not believe how great I look and how much weight I have lost. They could def tell ;)

I also upped my calorie intake to 1450 because my new diet plan has me eating six small meals a day and the min calorie intake should be 1450. Going to be eating VERY clean. A lot of grilled chicken, rice, vegetables, and protien, and good carbs. Diet seems pretty good and I think I can handle it. The thing that will kill me is no CANDY or alcohol.

If anyone is interested in the diet plan it is at www.bodybuilding .com under find a plan and it is a fat loss program. I want to try this program first (12 weeks) and then go for the muscle building program (12 weeks). I love the work outs!!

Congrats on all your successes!!! You all are working so HARD..keep it up. Also, I am ready for the weekend pact #2!! Bring on the weekend!

Happy EAster =) I must stay away from reese peanut butter eggs!
  • lucybp
    Options
    My weekend challenge = no dessert.

Great job ladies! Everyone is doing so well ... :)
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    Can you ladies please remind me what the challenge for the week is and what the weekend pact is? I think I missed a day of chatting on here...

Great job everyone...the losses are looking great!!!!

Keep it up! :bigsmile: