Do You Have A Fitness Goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• lisazags
    lisazags Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have never thought of this in that way! I did challenge myself 2 years ago and "ran" or I should say trotted the P.F.Changs Half Marathon and I am NOT a runner at all.. Just a goal I wanted to complete. I have recently had a baby and I am trying to get back into weight training and become lean.

This may sound silly but I say I want to look like one of the women on the cover of the Oxygen Magazine. They are very fit and super lean, without bulking up and looking like a true weight lifter.

My daughter has a rare genetic disorder that will cause her to never feel full as she gets older, and will always be on a restricted diet. I want to look and feel my best for her as well, giving her some motivation to beat her challenges! I know I can do it!!

Thanks for posting this and allowing me to look at some goals for myself!
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    - Keep getting faster on my triathlon times
    - Do 2 more Olympic distance and several sprint distance triathlons this year
    - Do a 1/2 Ironman triathlon - summer 2012
    - Do a full Ironman - 2013
    - Most of all, I want to be a good example for my kids and be around a long time!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely have fitness goals. Weight goals are in the past.

- I want to be able to do some of the gymnast type stuff I used to do in college - like a muscle up on the rings or eventually 1-armed pullups. I LOVE upper body weight work.

- I want to do a tough mudder next year (10 miles with obstacles & climbing type stuff). I kinda think I could do it now, but I really wanna be prepared for it

- Since my boys are getting into sports I wanna be able to participate/practice with them (or on their level) when they're in their teens, which will put me in my late 40's. I don't just wanna be a sideline coach for em. We'll see, I might be asking for punishment there. They're adopted & expected to be pretty big - I'm only 5'7", so we'll see, don't wanna get killed.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! I love reading the goals people have already achieved, as well. If anybody is looking for inspiration or reinforcement of the believe than anything, and everything, is possible, please watch this. If you're not religious, it's still a really cool story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF7Bv9Rjl0E

On my most tired days, my weakest days, on my days when I think I can't do this because I've got two kids and what the hell was I thinking by setting a huge goal and there's no way I'm going to finish this, I watch this.

I became a trainer because I believe in people. I believe that athletics has the potential to bring out the very best in us, to help us see how strong-willed, persistent, and determined we have the power to be. I became a trainer because I want to help people see that in themselves.