Personally Significant Destination

Options
2»

Replies

• Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    Auntie Babs, I like the idea of choosing different destinations for walks with different people. I'm fond of quiet thinking time while walking so it's less appealing to me but I see it as a symbolically powerful endeavour.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Auntie Babs, I like the idea of choosing different destinations for walks with different people. I'm fond of quiet thinking time while walking so it's less appealing to me but I see it as a symbolically powerful endeavour.

I've lived by myself for most of my adult life, and for many years I worked from home. So making sure I have contact with the outside world once in a while it a good thing.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would hike the entire Appalachian Trail - all 2000+ miles. It's a lifelong dream of mine!
  • CoffeeFreak13
    Options
    If I could, I would walk all the way back to Holland...... but of course thats impossible.
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    I had an idea to make this a bit of public education so I contacted the local newspaper. Today they wrote back saying they're interested in hearing more about it. I'll educate myself for what I want to say to sum up my journey and purpose.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    My personal destination would be Hawaii. I'm very landlocked in Utah, so I would have to include a good swim to get there.:wink: I do like to imagine that I'm going there as motivation when I'm working out. I have only been once and I was 7 months pregnant at the time. I imagine going there and actually looking beach ready.:glasses:

I live in West Jordan and am planning to ride my bike to St. George one day soon. Hopefully. Probably take 2-3 days to do it.