Mexican Crockpot Creamy Chicken

Options

Replies

• jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight. Probably the best healthy thing I have ever eaten!!!!!!!!! I had it with 60 calorie low carb tortillas, it was pretty amazing!
  • sgk0411
    sgk0411 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yum
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    bump... gotta try this! thanks!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds very good. I love using my crockpot. I would really need to know the sodium content. Thanks for posting.
  • Nykki71
    Nykki71 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    wow Goldilocks thanks for this. I was wondering how to get down the sodium. Also I don't do black beans so I just lef them out....lol I love this and I put it with a tsp of sour cream on a whole wheat flat bread...........even my husband thought it was awesome. :)
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    My sister gave me this recipe about a year ago and I am one to also watch my sodium. I love this recipe over a bed of lettuce. I have modified the recipe by using the following:

1 can diced tomatoes no salt added
    1 small can diced green chiles
    1.5 cups black beans, initally dried, but soaked and cooked. The do make no salt added and reduced sodium canned beans
    Newman's Own All Natural Chunky mild salsa (only 65mg Na for 2 TBSP the lowest I can find for jar salsa)
    1 Tbsp chili powder (not sure if you are all aware but each tsp carries about 40mg Na)

My calcuations for 6 servings
    Sodium 282
    Calories 248
    Carbs 36
    Fat 7
    Protein 18

Enjoy!

wow Goldilocks thanks for this. I was wondering how to get down the sodium. Also I don't do black beans so I just left them out....lol I love this and I put it with a tsp of sour cream on a whole wheat flat bread...........even my husband thought it was awesome. :)
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    this sounds super yummy. on my list of must try recipes!
  • ilovethelaw07
    Options
    Yum!
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    bump :)
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this recipe ..... This will definately be in my crockpot this week
  • alanb42
    alanb42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife found this recipe the other day and made it for supper tonight. It was great! She had it setup and cooking in the crockpot and then went out to the gym to work out. It was great having a nice hot and tasty meal waiting for us when we got in. I'm going to have to take some of the leftovers with me to work this week.

Thanks for the great recipe!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump...this is tonights dinner
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    Sounds so Yummmmmmmmmy!!!!:happy:
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good
  • weaziemand
    weaziemand Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be giving this a try. My husband & I are always looking for new recipes.
  • aubraann03
    Options
    Bump!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm definitly going to try this one!! Sounds YUMMY!!!
  • Brianne298
    Options
    I will be making this this week. Thanks!
  • kcmurray
    kcmurray Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    save