Are the Cadbury Eggs calling your name too?

Options

Replies

• Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am soooo glad I am in the UK, and away from the peanut butter filled eggs, I would be as fat as a house.

I find the fondant in the cadburys creme eggs to sweet, so I can hold out a bit longer for them.

We went to the factory tour where its made in Bournville in the UK. It's called Cadbury's World, just remembering the smell of all that melted chocolate, makes my mouth water. lol.:heart:
  • Jasper5085
    Jasper5085 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    its not the candy I am worried about, but it's the actual easter dinner. My large step family gets together and they make/bring desserts, lamb, ham, mashed potatoes, breads, reeeeallly yummy appetizers (those are what kill me, cuz i love to pick at them!), etc..... so I decided I will be going to the gym tomorrow morning and then just reallllly watching what I eat for portions. as for the cadberry eggs, i do like them but don't love them enough to buy any :) I can see how it would be tempting though... but we are all STRONG enough to resist!!! hehe
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I LOVE candy but I hadn't had the egg in 5 years tried it the other day and it was WAY too sweet. If you have it in you to splurge then have one. IMO it isnt worth it

Agreed. Once you stop eating things like that, you lose a taste for them very quickly. They are so sweet that I think I would actually vomit if someone forced me to eat one.

Sweet-lovers never believe that you can stop having any desire or tolerance for these things if you just cut them out of your diet for a few months, but it's true.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    They were not calling my name till I saw this thread,now I cant stop thinking of them lol
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    No. Cadbury creme eggs are nasty. Cadbury mini eggs, on the other hand, are all kinds of delicious. That and chocolate marshmallow eggs.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    YES. They are calling my along with all the others, and I have decided I will have some because I know if I do not for the next 2weeks I will be looking for every way to get candy. So for me better now and have some then later and have a ton. I understand we are all in weight loss mode but we will need to deal with these holidays the rest of our lives if we can not learn to enjoy in moderation then we have not learned much, JMO. Have a great Easter everyone.
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had to have one.....I just loves these!!...all I kept saying " Its easter..once a yr"..lol...
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I will have 4 or 5 of the mini eggs. I used to eat 1/2 of a small package before I even left the parking lot of the store I bought them at. Now I will savor the few I eat. But Peeps are a weakness too. Do they count? Lol! I think I will have 3-6 tomorrow. Everything out of the house by Monday.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I keep running pass the Peeps and the chocolate eggs in the store! Oh and the jelly beans!! these things should be banned!!!
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    I love candy! All kinds of candy, but especially Easter candy. I have been sooooooo good staying away from the candy but it is a daily struggle staying away from those blasted Cadbury creme eggs! I am trying to stay out of the stores until Easter is over. Anyone else tempted during this holiday?
    just eaten my second of the day! Goodness they are addictive!!!
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    The mini cream eggs are 40 calories each. Just sayin ;)

Oooohhh, didn't know they made minis. That's an idea! :)

I *might* eat one (or two) everyday :) So worth the calories!

lol, I would eat the bag!
  • numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cadbury creme eggs! I'm going to buy and eat - one. And one only. Come on, willpower!
    I love chocolate and dessert of any kind more than any other food, ever. And i ususally pig right out at Easter. But not this year! I'm going to exercise some restraint, and then back to NO chocolate or dessert after the Easter dinner.
    Boy, am i looking forward to tomorrow!
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I love candy! All kinds of candy, but especially Easter candy. I have been sooooooo good staying away from the candy but it is a daily struggle staying away from those blasted Cadbury creme eggs! I am trying to stay out of the stores until Easter is over. Anyone else tempted during this holiday?

Oooooh are they ever!! The Cadbury Eggs and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs are my two main weaknesses in this life. I have eaten an obscene number of both candies in one sitting. I once ate so many of the Cadburys my head literally felt like it was spinning from all the sugar. What a pig I was.
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am waiting till the very last minute to go to the store and buy any easter candy for my daughters basket so I will make it, go to bed and it will be ALL hers in the morning as I know she wont share at all lol. Lets just hope the basket makes the car ride home in one piece of should I say with all the candy pieces in it lol.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Haha yes. and i answered lol . i went shopping for my daughters basket yesterday and i bought a couple and enjoyed one =] i was very content with myself for only having one =]
  • locomotion
    Options
    Yup.. already had 5 of those in the past 2 days... just gave away the rest to my neighbor's kids 'cus I can't stop eating them.. :blushing:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Most years, I would have said yes! But surprisingly, I saw the Snickers eggs the other day, and wasn't even tempted. And I bought two bags of Godivas last weekend for my nieces' birthdays, and left those alone, even though they were in the car at 3:00 PM and I hadn't eaten lunch yet! I know that I should always take emergency snacks with me, but anyway. . .

I'm making my sister bring dessert tomorrow so I don't have to walk down that aisle! Hopefully, my grocery cart will not contain Peeps when I come home from the grocery cart tonight!
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    I eat them occasionally. A few here and there around Easter is not going to kill you. Everything in moderation, I always say. :tongue:
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Cadbury eggs used to be my absolute fav... last year I had one. I closed my eyes and really TASTED each bite and you know what... they don't taste all that good. LOL! Thinking they're gonna be easier to resist this year. :smile:
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    OMG - not just calling, SCREAMING! My daughter got a 2 lb. bag (yikes) of the mini-eggs from her grandma yesterday and I had to tell her to hide them in her room so I don't tear into them. Lord, give me strength.