Daily Ramblings (NO drama, PLEASE!)

Options

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Bless the dogs heart it is so sad when your animals are sick.

And I hope you feel better.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    My dog is very sick...restless and dry heaving and vomitting and tensing up the muscles in her neck and back...and strange gurgly noises keep coming from her stomach...she won't eat and she won't drink anything...she has a vet appointment at 3:15 (which I'm not looking forward to to begin with, but it doesn't help that I am off sick myself today and pretty much feel like blah...don't want to get dressed, let alone go to a stressful vet appointment...) The vet thinks she's dehydrated, so they will probably have to give her an IV to get some fluids into her...

Awwwwww....poor puppy...I hope she's ok :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just went through this with my dog but he ended up needing surgery. He is still in the hospital, but should be home on Thursday (he's been there since Friday). I'm so sorry! :frown: I hope it isn't as severe as what my doggie had to go through.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I just went through this with my dog but he ended up needing surgery. He is still in the hospital, but should be home on Thursday (he's been there since Friday). I'm so sorry! :frown: I hope it isn't as severe as what my doggie had to go through.

:brokenheart: :cry: :flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    i offered to have thanksgiving at my house for the inlaws. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! i have never done this before, on top of it all i offered to do the turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, apple pie and cranberrie sauce all from scratch, :noway: HAVE I GONE STUPID!!! usually we just go to a family members house and maybe i might bake a homemade pumpkin pie.

i am so STRESSED!!! :indifferent:

I hear you girl... This is my first Thanksgiving that I'm doing and I'm doing the stuffing,Turkey, homemade biscuits and pumpking pie never made any of those before. Little stressed:tongue: But we will do fine:wink: Right:indifferent:

As overwhelming as it sounds, it really isn't too bad! I took over Turkey Day duties a few years ago and it gets easier each year. I have a menu written out with all the page numbers and cookbooks for each itme I make so I can easily reference everything. I also have a schedule for the entire week of Thanksgiving so that I'm not running around like crazy Thursday morning. I keep all of this together in one of my cookbooks, so I know exactly where it is every year. (I have the same set up for Easter also). Yes, I realize it makes me sound a little OCD, but this is the only time those tendencies come out! :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I know :sad: ...I've been following your story about your poor pup and as soon as my dog started acting strangely I was thinking...oh God, what if she got ahold of a sock or something else? I really hope both of our babies are okay! I don't have children yet, but Ava is like my child...so I am really hoping and praying that she will be fine...
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I had hibachi shrimp and veggies for lunch and it has made me sick - I didn't eat the shrimp sauce....hhhmmmm

blah-yuck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my back hurts from working all day....on the computer

so I took a break

to do what? post on MFP...hmmm
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I know :sad: ...I've been following your story about your poor pup and as soon as my dog started acting strangely I was thinking...oh God, what if she got ahold of a sock or something else? I really hope both of our babies are okay! I don't have children yet, but Ava is like my child...so I am really hoping and praying that she will be fine...

Well, let's just hope that your baby isn't as dumb as my dog is & didn't eat a men's crew sock. Maybe she just has a tummy bug. I'll be thinking of you! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    my back hurts from working all day....on the computer

so I took a break

to do what? post on MFP...hmmm

Well, OBVIOUSLY! LOL :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Well, let's just hope that your baby isn't as dumb as my dog is & didn't eat a men's crew sock. Maybe she just has a tummy bug. I'll be thinking of you! :heart:

If you knew anything about my DH you would know if my dog ate his dirty sock it would have been fine....cuz the smell would have stopped her at the first bite!!!:huh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    That's the bad part about Floyd, AWTY...he doesn't care! I've watched him eat many a baby sock in less than 2 bites. The difference here was that the ones that, ahem, passed were BABY socks. LOL Maybe I could borrow your dh's feet to stink up my socks? :huh:
  • anniec
    anniec Posts: 23
    Options

Please update us on the puppy. That is stressful by itself, let alone when you aren't feeling well either. Hope all goes well and that you can both go home and feel better!

Take care. :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Please update us on the puppy. That is stressful by itself, let alone when you aren't feeling well either. Hope all goes well and that you can both go home and feel better!

Take care. :flowerforyou:

Okay just got back from the vet...it could be something as minor as an upset stomach and dehydration or as serious as liver/kidney/or pancreas problems. They gave her an anti-vomit injection to stop the vomitting and dry heaves and then injected her with some water and electrolytes to help her with the dehydration...she looks a bit like a camel now with her temporary water hump (it's really quite strange) and I have to take her in for bloodwork if she's not feeling better by Friday to rule out the more serious problems...but in the meantime I need to try to get some water into her and just keep an eye on her. The vet said a lot of big words and I was so drugged up on cold medicine and Vitamin Water that it was really hard to pay attention, but I think Ava will be okay...

Now I am going back to bed until my mom gets home with my Alka Seltzer and apple juice. Thanks so much for the concern for my puppy. She'll be 5 on the 22nd of this month but she will always be my little baby :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My vet thought that Floyd's problem was originally a liver or pancreas problem, too. Lots of big words. I"m glad Ava's okay for the time being! Let's hope she just had a bit of a belly ache. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    That's the bad part about Floyd, AWTY...he doesn't care! I've watched him eat many a baby sock in less than 2 bites. The difference here was that the ones that, ahem, passed were BABY socks. LOL Maybe I could borrow your dh's feet to stink up my socks? :huh:

I think if I tried to mail ya one it would create a problem with national security.:blushing:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I REALLY need to do the dishes but instead I am on here. :blushing:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    It's 10 PM and I still haven't eaten dinner yet. :ohwell: Where is my daggone appetite???
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's 10 PM and I still haven't eaten dinner yet. :ohwell: Where is my daggone appetite???

Ooops! I guess I borrowed it and forgot to give it back. But, by all means I'm finished you can have it the rest of the week!
  • seaotter
    Options
    :sick: what do you take for the migraines?