Tattoos

Options

Replies

• PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    ooooo this sounds fun!:love:

Piercings
    I have a vertical labret and a stud on the right side of my nose.

Tattoos
    Right arm: a moon bracelet, water fairy on the inside of my forearm; a flower fairy, griffin, and custom design on my upper arm.
    Left arm: an "OM" symbol on upper arm, kanji symbol for love on inside forearm, and Tibetan writing around my wrist.
    Neck: a butterfly with a stinger on the base, just under the hair line.

Soooo many more tattoos to come one I have the funds :bigsmile:

YOU HAVE A GRIFFIN TAT. CAN I SEE A PIC. MY HUBBY HAS ONE TOO, ITS A SLEEPING GRIFFIN AND ITS IN MEMORY OF THIS BROTHRE MATTHEW GRIFFIN.

I'll put a pic up soon. I'm at work and just took down the pics I had on myspace lol. It's not finished yet, I've only had the outline done. It is a custom piece that my artist did for me. He basically just sketched it onto my arm then added the ink. It's diving down around one of my other tats. I love it and can't wait to finish it.

COOL LET ME KNWO WHEN YOU POST IT!
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    No tattoos for me.. I don't think I ever will either.. I would only consider my future husbands name and future kids names on the inside of my lip.. Does anyone have a tatoo here? ..the reasons I wouldn't ever get one are because I change my mind a lot and I donate blood every 8 weeks and tattoos are a red flag in donating where I'm from..

Piercings...I am boring... just my ears.. and only 1 in each ear.. haha
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    No tattoos for me.. I don't think I ever will either.. I would only consider my future husbands name and future kids names on the inside of my lip.. Does anyone have a tatoo here? ..the reasons I wouldn't ever get one are because I change my mind a lot and I donate blood every 8 weeks and tattoos are a red flag in donating where I'm from..

My husband has lots of tattoos so obviously he doesn't mind needles so he gives blood a lot. But you have to wait a year from your last tattoo to give blood and he hasn't gone a whole year for like 2 years now!
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options

My husband has lots of tattoos so obviously he doesn't mind needles so he gives blood a lot. But you have to wait a year from your last tattoo to give blood and he hasn't gone a whole year for like 2 years now!

Thanks!! I had no idea how long the wait was...
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    21249.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    I have my belly botton done (reason too i wanna lose weight)

And I have my rebel flag butterfly tattoo
    http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=67653
  • redbudderfly
    Options
    I have several tats that are starting to expand.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I don't have any piercings, but I'm getting my first tattoos on my 30th birthday. I'm going to get a frog with a halo and angel wings on one shoulder, and a devil driving a hot rod on the other shoulder.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have 4 in my right ear and 6 in my left ear and my belly pierced and working on getting my first tat of dolphins in a ying yang with my girls names of the belly of each of them.

I can't seem to place it on here oh well, it is on my profile under my pictures.
  • I know I'm a little late in the game, but I have 8 piercings total...only 4 in my ears :wink: I have my tongue, nipples, and one below the belt. I had my navel done only a month before I found out I was pregnant with my first...Once I hit my goal weight, I have every intention of getting it redone. I'd love to do my eyebrow, but can't because of work. I also had my tragus' done, once upone a time...BY FAR the most painful...but had to take those out for work as well...

Only 1 tattoo for now...Tigerfly with scrolling on my lower back. Hubby and I want to get wedding band tats...as well as both of our signs. I also want to get a blue rose with some vining on my foot/ankle (blue rose is the "symbol" of a police wife)...I want to get a starburst (hard to describe) on the other foot. And I would love to get Jessica Rabbit somewhere...just can't figure out where to put her...

xoxo
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Thanks!! I had no idea how long the wait was...

Actually, as long as the tattoo was done in a state-regulated/licenced facility, it can probably be done right away. As long as a piercing has been done with a sterile needle, you can. But if neither has happened, then the wait is a year.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I had my eyebrow pierced in early 2000. I took it out around 2004-ish, maybe earlier. It never closed. I put my ring back in this weekend. Can't wear it to work (at a bank, haha) but I can wear it at night and on weekends!!! I am so happy with it in. Back to my more Bohemian self. :flowerforyou:

My current tattoo on my left shoulder/ back:
    72489_1080.jpg?1234196367

My next tattoo, a phoenix to fly over my moon:
    72489_5151.jpg?1234196316

I'm so glad the blood donation -- tattoo issue was brought up. I have been delaying my tatt since I just started donating again and didn't want to stop donating for such a selfish reason (wanting a new tatt). From the Red Cross website:

Tattoo
    Wait 12 months after a tattoo if the tattoo was applied in a state that does not regulate tattoo facilities. This requirement is related to concerns about hepatitis. Learn more about hepatitis and blood donation.

Acceptable if the tattoo was applied by a state-regulated entity using sterile needles and ink that is not reused. There are 32 states that currently regulate tattoo facilities. You should discuss your particular situation with the health historian at the time of donation.

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.d8aaecf214c576bf971e4cfe43181aa0/?vgnextoid=e081912c9973b110VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default#tat

I do wish they'd have listed the 32 states so I can make sure I am in one.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, I wanna play!!

I have a few but the most recent, I got over Christmas break with my best friend.

Picture054-1.jpg

Picture056-1.jpg

It is my 4th tat and her first!!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I seem to be the least decorated around this thread, but here goes...

I have my ears pierced twice in each, and my belly button is pierced.

No tattoos...YET...but I would like to get one, probably lower back (yes, I'm okay with a "tramp stamp" LOL) but don't know what I want....also, honestly...how much does it HURT???
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

No tattoos...YET...but I would like to get one, probably lower back (yes, I'm okay with a "tramp stamp" LOL) but don't know what I want....also, honestly...how much does it HURT???

T, I have the infamous tramp stamp. :laugh: ! I am going to get mine covered up though. I have a butterfly and japanese symbols above that.
    I am thinking about getting hibiscus flowers to cover it up. I got the symbols when I was 18. Didn't really think that through...they could say anything and I wouldn't know any better.

And the back tattoos don't hurt in my opinion. The only one that really hurt me was my foot. OUCH!
    But I guess it depends on your threshold for pain. I love the way a tat feels!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

T, I have the infamous tramp stamp. :laugh: ! I am going to get mine covered up though. I have a butterfly and japanese symbols above that.
    I am thinking about getting hibiscus flowers to cover it up. I got the symbols when I was 18. Didn't really think that through...they could say anything and I wouldn't know any better.

And the back tattoos don't hurt in my opinion. The only one that really hurt me was my foot. OUCH!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well, if the tattoo fits...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Okay, I've had three children, it can't possibly be too bad, can it??? Any thoughts on designs...I mean, how do you pick one that you want on your body...forever??? Ohh... and how much did it cost???
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I had the SAME fear of pain. My current tat is about the size of a quarter, LMAO, and I had the artist do the star first, in case it was too painful, so I could make him stop. :laugh: But really, it's not that bad. It's not like getting a massage or anything, but it's not horrifically painful.

There are certain locations that hurt more than others, typically. The foot, the ankle, the inside of the arms (tribal wraps).... others I can't think of. I've never heard anyone say a tramp stamp hurt too badly. :wink: And I think it's a great location for a tat, just never put one there myself. (yet:bigsmile: )
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    #8 - Lyrics from an alanis song

IMG_0442.jpg
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well, if the tattoo fits...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Okay, I've had three children, it can't possibly be too bad, can it??? Any thoughts on designs...I mean, how do you pick one that you want on your body...forever???

I get my tat design and hold on to it for a while before making the final decision.
    Had the star and moon design for at least 3 years before making it happen.
    I've only had the phoenix since this past fall, but she's posted on the wall of my cube and I'm very comfortable with her... she will make the cut and be placed on my back.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I guess I should have said....I have been deciding on what to get for 8 months now and have narrowed it down to a few. I know....it has taken me awhile...lol.

I'm never one to make rash decisions.

Thank you for your sweet concern.:flowerforyou:

I know my name is long, but I told you you could use my initials. :blushing:

My ears are pierced once and I have a 2" appendix scar by my bellybutton! I'm crazy, babies!! :smokin: :devil: :drinker: