tattoos

Options

Replies

• dragonflytequila
    Options
    I have 4 ....one on my ankle of an rose ,both shoulder blades one of a rose with a rose bud for my daughter on the left side,dragonfly on my right side,chinese symbol of journey as my life is still a journey ...in the middle of the back up by my neck...
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I am booked in for number 10 at the end of May.
    I have a sun, a moon and a star - all with faces. (Middle of my back at the top)
    I have a planet type thing and one representing the cosmos. (Top right arm)
    I have a banner with my late brother's name on it. (top right arm)
    I have a squiggle (bottom of my back)
    I have an elephant and a lion. (Back of shoulders)
    I'm booked in to have Rodin's Thinker.

:ohwell:

None of them can be seen in normal clothing.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    None yet. I really want a particular literary quotation and a small bird below/above it on the top of one foot and a few lines of lyrics from a song with something small - maybe a sun, undecided - above/below them on top of the other foot, but so far I've been too wussy to go for it.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i have four.

left ankle, sunflower
    right wrist, small star (for my cousin that died 6mnths ago)
    top of back, name in Chinese
    lower back (yes the tramp stamp), some tribal design
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    I have 7 at the min.. next one booked in for 2 weeks

right shoulder- bluebird from bambi (my 1st and i was young)
    outside right wrist- gothic A
    inside right wrist- daughters name
    outside left wrist- chinese symbol for son
    inside left wrist- eldest sons name
    back of neck- youngest sons name
    right ankle- black rose with thorns and barbed wire

Next one is a full side tattoo going from my left foot up my leg over my hip and up my ribs. Its of butterflies,flowers and swirls and stars... I may continue it over my boob and shoulder too but not sure yet!!
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    I don't know anyone IRL who's had it done, so can any of you seasoned tattoo veterans :wink: give me an idea of just how painful it is to get a tattoo on the top of your foot? I've heard "really, really painful" elsewhere online, just curious about what others' experiences here were like. Thanks if anyone cares to share!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have five - all circles and all ones I've drawn. I have a sixth (and final) one in the queue but it hasn't come together yet. It's been something I've been lightly thinking about over the last six years or so :blushing: (the last one I got was about seven or eight years ago).

I like the ideas of words but I am kind of a typography weirdo so just choosing that is difficult enough! :sick:
  • smitsmat
    smitsmat Posts: 3
    Options
    I have one for now, it is a tree of life with clouds passing by and a moon,with three stars which represent my wife and two kids.
  • kelscot30
    kelscot30 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Stars on my wrist and on my forearm.
    Peace sign on my ankle.
    Japanese Kanji on my back.
    Another back tattoo
    The alkaline trio logo on my ribs.
    This on my leg:
    557363_e82c867f1f.jpg

I have a strange sense of humor.
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos.

Fairy on the outside of my rigth ankle.
    Stars on the top of my left foot.
    Kanji symbol for strength on the small of my back
    Kanji symbol for naughty with a girl leaning over it holding a flogger on the back of my beck.

I have a quote my dad used to say that I want on my left shoulder in a spiral design in memory of him. I'd also like tattoos for my kids (just have 1 daughter now), but not sure what to get that doesn't look tacky.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i have one really big one on my lower back. it's was done in several visits though. it started out as one big star with the words "anam cara" in them which means "soul mate" in gaelic (the irish language). I then had two more stars added on either side (so on the back of my hips). I then had two skulls put in on either side of the main star with anam cara in it and then had roses added to the bottom. i got it in memory of my best friend who died when we were 16. I waited until i was 19 and had been married a year before i got it. i wanted to make sure it was EXACTLY the way i wanted it.
  • CriminalMIndsFan
    Options
    Currently I have 3. One on my upper right arm for one of my best friends who is like a brother to me and helped me through an extremely difficult time recently. That one says "I" then has a red, blue and green heart with the first 2 letters of his first name under the heart. We thought that we might take things farther then friends but he had to move to Brazil to help his dad. The second one is on my left shoulder for my very first husband who was murdered less then 9 months after we got married. That one is a turquoise(his favorite color) dragon wrapped around a celtic cross with the celtic knot in the center. It has the year he was born on the horizontal cross points and the year he was murdered on the vertical cross points. Then I had his name put down the left side of it with the letters A.K.A. under the cross and his nickname down the right side of it. The third is on my right shoulder and is of a Bald Eagle with its wings spread holding a heart with a ribbon wrapped around it. The top part of the ribbon has my dads date of birth and date he died in it and the bottom of it says "RIP Daddy". I want to get more. I want to connect the two on my shoulders together by a ribbon that will be tinted yellow and will say "Gone But Never Forgotten" and will have 5 thinner ribbons hanging off it with a smaller tattoo on each of those ribbons for other people I have lost in my life.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just two for now: My maiden name, which sounds more like a lyric to a song and no one ever believes is my maiden name.... lol

and a duck in water, I am OBSESSED with duckies and I got an evil looking duckie to represent my husband.

The plan is to get 4 little duckies lined up behind it, you know, so I can have "all my ducks in a row" haha
    2 will have baby blue sailor hats, 1 a pink sailor hat for my sons and daughter, and the 4th will have a halo with angel wings to represent the baby we miscarried. :heart:
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a rubber ducky tattooed on my left foot :)
  • StrawberryDrip
    Options
    I have one, it's on the back of my shoulder. It's a Strawberry dripping blood, I got it because Strawberry's what my fiance calls me :)

(It would explain my username too)
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have four:

a butterfly on my right ankle that looks like a stain glass window.
    a gemini symbol on my left ankle.
    a purple flower on my right foot.
    and a 'J' inside of a heart on the inside of my left wrist.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sebastian the ibis (hurricanes mascott) which is now half covered by a profile of my late brother. trying to come up with something else to finish the cover up.
  • Lenandrea
    Options
    None, & don't plan to get any. I don't like them.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have 7.
    A humming bird on my shoulder.
    A coi fish on my other shoulder ( a memorial tattoo for my step-son that passed).
    A heart with a butterfly and rose on my back. The heart has a caduceus in it as I am a nurse.
    Four guitars (mine and my families first guitars) also on my back.
    A peace sign with cherry blossoms on my wrist.
    A bow with two hearts (for my 2 kids) on my ankle.
    And last but not least, an anklet with a cross on my other ankle.

Yes I am addicted!!!