Get Fit by the Summer (July 2011)

Options

Replies

• mrswestmoreland
    mrswestmoreland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to join and will post my weight on the first weigh in (Apr 24). I am currently at 244 and my goal is to be at 230 by end of June.
  • shellypoo7
    shellypoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love to join and will post my weight on the first weigh in (Apr 24). I am currently at 244 and my goal is to be at 230 by end of June.

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!!!
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    Just sending a little love and motivation out to all of you. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I am so excited. I am going to Puerto Rico in August. I hope to be a nice sexy thang by then. LOL.

On another note, I did gain a pound and I am trying my best to get over the fact that I had a rough week last week. I am kinda dreading the next weigh-in because I am not sure I will have actually lost anything since I gained since the first weigh-in but ......... I am back on track and ready to go!

Awwwww, I wanna go to PR! I hope you got a great price on your trip! Try not to be hard on yourself Rae - 1 pound can easily be dropped back along with a few more - and I'm hoping my words encourage you to do just that! ((((((((HUGS))))))))
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    Hey all. I hope everybody's doing well and staying on track as far as their calories and weight loss is concerned!

Even though my scale doesn't show it - I did lose 2 lbs this past week, but because I started out at this weight when I initially joined this website - I guess I had actually gained 2 lbs and now lost it back! Oh well..........I'm on a mission this week to show a major drop by the next weigh in!

Instead of stopping at 7-11 or McDonalds, or even going to the grocery store and buying my most favorite Blueberry or Cream Cheese muffins - I decided to go a different grocery store this morning and I picked up healthy snacks and yogurt for breakfast. I'm going to try really hard this week.

Have a great week all!
  • rosybella9
    rosybella9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know we aren't officially weighing in, but I was down to 178 this morning! (Silly skinny boyfriend doesn't have a scale for Sunday morning weigh ins)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    @rosybella9 - I think it's a great idea you have to show each weigh - in and how much you've weighed in at! It would be great if we could see that for everyone (unless you don't feel comfy doing so).

I copied rosybella9's dates - and pasted them into my "signature" under my ticker!
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    Hey all. I hope everybody's doing well and staying on track as far as their calories and weight loss is concerned!

Even though my scale doesn't show it - I did lose 2 lbs this past week, but because I started out at this weight when I initially joined this website - I guess I had actually gained 2 lbs and now lost it back! Oh well..........I'm on a mission this week to show a major drop by the next weigh in!

Instead of stopping at 7-11 or McDonalds, or even going to the grocery store and buying my most favorite Blueberry or Cream Cheese muffins - I decided to go a different grocery store this morning and I picked up healthy snacks and yogurt for breakfast. I'm going to try really hard this week.

Have a great week all!

im with you. i lose i gain i lose!?. its soo frustratingg. my mind is where is needs to be today tho, i need to stop this flucaution a-sap. lol.
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. I am at 162 and would like to get down to 140 by end of July. My birthday is in July as well. This would be a great birthday present for myself. : )

Good luck everyone!
  • Redlizzy5
    Redlizzy5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I am 163 now and it would be awesome if I could get down to 130 by July but Ill shoot for 140. Im 5'0 and my goal is to be 105-110.

I started the lifestyle change about 2 weeks ago (its really 3 but unfortunately I got the flu the first week I got back into exercising)

My problem is that, Im exercising 50min cardio and 20 min strength and counting calories but Ive only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Im not eating the best foods, but I do stay under calories...shouldnt that be working? Its either that or the fact that I havent been getting adequate sleep.

Anyone else have/had these problems???

Good luck to all btw! Hope we can all make it
  • rosybella9
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I am 163 now and it would be awesome if I could get down to 130 by July but Ill shoot for 140. Im 5'0 and my goal is to be 105-110.

I started the lifestyle change about 2 weeks ago (its really 3 but unfortunately I got the flu the first week I got back into exercising)

My problem is that, Im exercising 50min cardio and 20 min strength and counting calories but Ive only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Im not eating the best foods, but I do stay under calories...shouldnt that be working? Its either that or the fact that I havent been getting adequate sleep.

Honestly, in my experience, it is all about what you eat. While calories are calories, your body needs fuel to do everything you're demanding from it. You should be watching your nutrient balance of carbs, protein, and fat. I'm by no means perfect, and I make no claims to it, but I've personally had a great deal more success when I pay attention to these things.

If you'd like, you could add me as a friend and I could offer a more specific opinion based on your diary.

If not, absolutely no big. I'm just nosey ;)
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm in! :)) I actually don't have a scale right now, but the last time I weighed myself I was at around 207..so hopefully it hasn't gone up lol. I'll hopefully be getting one this weekend...so I'll post it then. So anyways, I'm stoked to be part of a group weight loss goal. Yay us!
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

I hope all is well with you and that you're staying focused, motivated and in control! Today is a good day - started off eating right! I plan to continue through the rest of the day (ONE DAY AT A TIME), and hopefully by Sunday, I'll have some good news to share as far as my weigh-in goes!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • Redlizzy5
    Redlizzy5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Rosybella!

I will start watching my food intake more closely and hopefully Ill start losing more weight.

Good luck everyone!
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options

I am in a similar boat. I would like to lose about 20 more pounds. I eat healthy, stay under calories and do an intense workout 6 times a week. I have been working at this since Jan and lost maybe a total of 10 lbs and didn't lose very many inches. I was getting frustrated. So the last three weeks I decided to not worry about my weight so much. I purchased a fat skinfold caliper ($10 bucks) and have started measuring my body fat. In the last three weeks I have lost 3 lbs of fat weight and gained 2 lbs of lean mass. The scale simply states I lost 1 lb in the last three weeks. Knowing the amount of fat weight I lost has proven to be much more motivating for me. So even if you are not losing weight your body is still changing. My 2 cents.! :)
  • simply_lovable08
    Options

Honestly, in my experience, it is all about what you eat. While calories are calories, your body needs fuel to do everything you're demanding from it. You should be watching your nutrient balance of carbs, protein, and fat. I'm by no means perfect, and I make no claims to it, but I've personally had a great deal more success when I pay attention to these things.

If you'd like, you could add me as a friend and I could offer a more specific opinion based on your diary.

Hi Rosy, can i add you as a friend? Any help i can get is needed. I know that i have days that i just totally mess up.... like today. SMH. But having someone that i can talk to when i am in a rut would be nice.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to everyone ! I am checking in this morning at 201.5 so i have lost 5 pounds since my last weigh in !
  • whitacre76
    whitacre76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in on this too. Need all the support and motivation I can get :)
    Anyone feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am checking in for today at 169.7. I kinda fell off the wagon, I have been on vacation and took a break but I'm ready to get back on track. I'm so happy I'm under 170, it's been awhile and now I can get back on track and make 160 a real goal!!
  • rosybella9
    Options

Hi Rosy, can i add you as a friend? Any help i can get is needed. I know that i have days that i just totally mess up.... like today. SMH. But having someone that i can talk to when i am in a rut would be nice.

Of course! I'd love that!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hey, I want in please! My final goal is August 1 so this is perfect for me. I hope to drop from my CW of 133 to 115 in that time. Lucky I found this group on a weigh-in day right? Go ahead and add me as a friend if anyone would like to so we can support each other :)
    I am hoping for 1.5lbs a week or just under that. My diary is also open.