It CAN be done!! 25 pounds gone!

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I cannot believe I have lost 25 pounds.

When I set forth to change my lifestyle in June I figured it was going to be like all the other times, false start out of the gate.

I know that MFP is the only difference between the other times and now. Seeing my food intake, exercise burned and weight loss charts is encouraging.

When I feel like I have lost nothing for weeks and months I can look and SEE I have TOO lost weight, just slowly and in a healthy way.

The educated information provided by other members is priceless. A doctor can tell me do x,y,z but if he has never done this how does he know what will work? This is where seeing the tremendous weight loss and accomplishments by other members really comes into play. When I ask a question, and Shore writes back how she did it, I know it works!!!

There have been many people who have helped me and for this I am forever grateful. I still have a ways to go but I am almost at a healthy weight, my cholesteral is down, I am sleeping better, my attitude is 10x better.

No drugs, no special foods, no expensive equipment. Just MFP and the desire to change my life.

Thanks everyone who has answered my stupid questions without any judgement at all!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options

When I set forth to change my lifestyle in June I figured it was going to be like all the other times, false start out of the gate.

I know that MFP is the only difference between the other times and now. Seeing my food intake, exercise burned and weight loss charts is encouraging.

When I feel like I have lost nothing for weeks and months I can look and SEE I have TOO lost weight, just slowly and in a healthy way.

The educated information provided by other members is priceless. A doctor can tell me do x,y,z but if he has never done this how does he know what will work? This is where seeing the tremendous weight loss and accomplishments by other members really comes into play. When I ask a question, and Shore writes back how she did it, I know it works!!!

There have been many people who have helped me and for this I am forever grateful. I still have a ways to go but I am almost at a healthy weight, my cholesteral is down, I am sleeping better, my attitude is 10x better.

No drugs, no special foods, no expensive equipment. Just MFP and the desire to change my life.

Thanks everyone who has answered my stupid questions without any judgement at all!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! What a great way to start the day! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks Cheermom!!! I was so excited this morning I had to jump on here and post!! :happy:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    11_2_104.gif

Woohooooo!!!five.gif That's awesome! :drinker: Doesn't it feel great?:bigsmile: And it's amazing how much it changes, not only your looks, but your attitude, well-being, confidence, and you get so much more energy!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Congrats on all of your succes girl!:flowerforyou:
    Isn't this place awesome? We :heart: Mike for creating this place.. 00020149.gif

And what would we do without the MFP family.....we wubs our MFP friends kiss2.gif
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    thumbsup4kk.gifthumbsup4kk.gif

Check this out--I love this site and check it every time I lose a pound to see just what I've accomplished
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/howmanypounds/

Here's what it "means" to lose 25 pounds--

25 pounds is the average weight of a 1.5-2 year old toddler.

To lose that amount of fat would mean to burn 87,500 calories or 366,100 KiloJoules! That is the equivalent of 2.83 gallons of gasoline. Humans, however, are far more efficient than cars, getting about 912 "miles to the gallon". If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 96 miles before running out of gas!

Let's see how your goal would convert to other forms of fuel. 87,500 calories is equivalent to:

* 2.83 gallons of gasoline, or
    * 31.34 pounds of coal, or
    * 43.44 pounds of oven-dried wood, or
    * 3.83 gallons of propane

This amount of energy would ...

* Brew about 244 pots of coffee, or
    * Light a 60-watt light bulb for 1,695 hours ( 71 days = 0.23 years)

Cutting 87,500 calories is the same as saying "no" to:

* 1,094 apples, or
    * 875 bananas, or
    * 5,147 cups of cabbage (whew!), or
    * 603 baked potatoes, or
    * 1,094 large eggs, or
    * 729 cups of 2% milk, or
    * 63 pounds of ground beef, or
    * 1,006 glasses of wine, or
    * 271 Snickers bars, or
    * 365 Clif Bars ( 486 Luna Bars), or
    * 629 cans of Coke, or
    * 515 pints of Guinness beer, or
    * 178 Big Macs, or
    * 170 Quarter Pounders with Cheese, or
    * 125 Whoppers, or
    * 265 Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwiches, or
    * 515 Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or
    * 372 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut

What it Takes to Burn 87,500 Calories

To burn 87,500 calories, a 190 pound male would have to:

* Backpack for 145 hours (6 days) nonstop, or
    * Walk for 335 hours (14 days) at 3 mph straight, or
    * Walk 1,006 miles (629 kilometers), or
    * Bike for 254 hours (11 days) at 10 mph, or
    * Bike 2,536 miles (1,585 kilometers), or
    * Play basketball nonstop for 140 hours 6 days), or
    * Play billiards for 405 hours (17 days), or
    * Go bowling for 338 hours (14 days), or
    * Stay on the golf course for 254 hours (11 days), or
    * Spend 113 hours (5 days) playing competitive football, or
    * Jump rope for 107 hours (4 days) straight!

You would have to walk the length of England about 1.73 times to burn 87,500 calories.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    thumbsup4kk.gifthumbsup4kk.gif

Check this out--I love this site and check it every time I lose a pound to see just what I've accomplished
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/howmanypounds/

Here's what it "means" to lose 25 pounds--

25 pounds is the average weight of a 1.5-2 year old toddler.

To lose that amount of fat would mean to burn 87,500 calories or 366,100 KiloJoules! That is the equivalent of 2.83 gallons of gasoline. Humans, however, are far more efficient than cars, getting about 912 "miles to the gallon". If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 96 miles before running out of gas!

Let's see how your goal would convert to other forms of fuel. 87,500 calories is equivalent to:

* 2.83 gallons of gasoline, or
    * 31.34 pounds of coal, or
    * 43.44 pounds of oven-dried wood, or
    * 3.83 gallons of propane

This amount of energy would ...

* Brew about 244 pots of coffee, or
    * Light a 60-watt light bulb for 1,695 hours ( 71 days = 0.23 years)

Cutting 87,500 calories is the same as saying "no" to:

* 1,094 apples, or
    * 875 bananas, or
    * 5,147 cups of cabbage (whew!), or
    * 603 baked potatoes, or
    * 1,094 large eggs, or
    * 729 cups of 2% milk, or
    * 63 pounds of ground beef, or
    * 1,006 glasses of wine, or
    * 271 Snickers bars, or
    * 365 Clif Bars ( 486 Luna Bars), or
    * 629 cans of Coke, or
    * 515 pints of Guinness beer, or
    * 178 Big Macs, or
    * 170 Quarter Pounders with Cheese, or
    * 125 Whoppers, or
    * 265 Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwiches, or
    * 515 Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or
    * 372 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut

What it Takes to Burn 87,500 Calories

To burn 87,500 calories, a 190 pound male would have to:

* Backpack for 145 hours (6 days) nonstop, or
    * Walk for 335 hours (14 days) at 3 mph straight, or
    * Walk 1,006 miles (629 kilometers), or
    * Bike for 254 hours (11 days) at 10 mph, or
    * Bike 2,536 miles (1,585 kilometers), or
    * Play basketball nonstop for 140 hours 6 days), or
    * Play billiards for 405 hours (17 days), or
    * Go bowling for 338 hours (14 days), or
    * Stay on the golf course for 254 hours (11 days), or
    * Spend 113 hours (5 days) playing competitive football, or
    * Jump rope for 107 hours (4 days) straight!

You would have to walk the length of England about 1.73 times to burn 87,500 calories.

Thanks for this! I am printing it and putting it on my fridge! I bet I HAVE walked the length of England!
    :cry: This really puts my loss in perspective.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    IT IS AMAZING! IM PROUD OF YOU!
    How much more to goal weight? Ive lost 40 and got another 40 to lose!WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - I second everything you've said. I've never lost on my own before and now I don't have to with MFP and all of you!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    IT IS AMAZING! IM PROUD OF YOU!
    How much more to goal weight? Ive lost 40 and got another 40 to lose!WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!

We SO can!! I have my next goal to 135 then will shoot for 125 if I feel I should. 136 is the biggie because per all the states I will officially be within a healthy weight and BMI!!

that is 8 pounds!!

And purdy mommy, you are looking FANTASTIC!!
    00020313.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Congratulations - I second everything you've said. I've never lost on my own before and now I don't have to with MFP and all of you!

YEAH US!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Wohoooooooooo AWTY!!!!!!!!!!!! You ROCK!
    snoopydance.gif
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm so happy for you!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I am so very proud of you. You deserve this success! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to all. Here is to more wonderful success! :drinker:
    :heart:
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't it make you feel so good?!?!?-Like you're on top of the world and can do ANYTHING you put 100% effort on...................SO PROUD OF YOU!!!:smile:

91914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Omg congrats!! :happy: :happy: :happy: We're so proud! :drinker:
  • wintergirl1
    Options
    Awesome!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job:drinker: :drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really had a lot to do with all of you.
  • wynsdayschild
    Options
    Kudos to you! I've just started my journey, but have to agree its been great! Being able to track your progress and see what I'm doing on a daily basis is awesome. And everyone here has been so friendly.

Congratulations!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Way ta go, yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!! I know this site has helped you and it is also the best thing thats happened to me:) but you have also "payed it forward" many times!!!! God bless, denise:bigsmile:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!