Easter, then and now (with pics of course)

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I'm sort of a "success stories" junkie - I read them all the time and, since I have lost quite a bit of weight (78 pounds since mid September), I post a lot - pretty much every time I hit a new milestone in my journey or have a previous holiday to compare to.

So here I go again.

Today is Easter and, as such, family photos were taken, of course. My sister posted some on Facebook and I had to go dig up old pictures to compare.

I am pretty excited about the changes. I am healthier and happier and am setting a much better example for my family, especially my son.

Here are pictures from the past two Easters (I actually was around the same weight for at least 6 years, but I only have pictures from the last 2).
Easter2009-1.jpg

And now, after months of eating healthy, well-balanced meals and snacks, drinking lots of water, and exercising regularly, this is what I looked like today, Easter 2011 (I'm the tall one in the green dress, in case you couldn't tell):
Easter2011.jpg

I am 22 pounds away from my goal weight of 180 pounds. I am 5'10" and have a large build, but I know 180 may seem like a lot still; however, I am pretty happy with the way I look and feel now and, although I'll still probably have some extra on my hips and thighs when I'm done, I'm ok with that.

My goal isn't to be skinny - it is to be fit and healthy. I've already accomplished that, so even if the last 22 pounds take forever and a day to come off, as long as I can maintain my health and fitness, I'm satisfied.

Replies

• rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Keep up the hard work and those last few pounds will be gone before you know it!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yay
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    wow! wtg!
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Amazing job! Such an inspiration!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an inspiration, thanks so much for sharing. I have a lot to lose and this just gives me a wonderful feeling of hope.
    Great job...you should be extremely proud of the work you have accomplished. :-)
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing and you look awesome. I'm struggling and need some advice on how people are doing it. I have 35 lbs to go and cant seem to lose it. Can you tell me what kinds of things you are eating and what type of exercise? I'm desperate as I am not in the greatest health and need to lose to feel better. I appreciate any advice you can give and I am so proud of your success and jealous :-) You look marvelous!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to stay in the fight!
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing!! Congratulations on your fantastic transformation! It's wonderful to see so many success stories, it gives you hope on bad days that it IS possible to lose the weight, you just have to muscle your way through :) Thanks for sharing!
  • NicEmCee
    NicEmCee Posts: 1
    Options
    Great results! I bet you're feeling so much better this year!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You look like a million bucks!! YOU are amazing!
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look so great Cory! You continue to inspire me every day! Keep up the great work, you will get that last 22lbs off!
  • anniebnannie
    anniebnannie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!! You so SHOULD be proud of what you have done so far and how great you look! I can't believe how much younger you look!! Good job!
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome! Keep the great job going :)
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Wow, girl!! You look INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you so much for sharing these! What an inspiration you are!!!! :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    You are looking stunning - congratulations!! It's clear to see you are "glowing" in your new skin :-)
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow you look FABULOUS. Congrats on the awesome transformation. Keep up the great work on the phenomenal progress. Thanks for sharing the pic, because you inspire, motivate, and influence others. That's for being magnificent at what you doing.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You look soooo GOOD! I'm happy for you (and secretly jealous lol). Thanks for being my role model. :)
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    you look great! i'm glad you're not choosing to be too skinny! me either- my goal is 79.9kg (about 170lbs i think) and i'm 5'2"! it's good that you know what suits you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!