Everybody check in!

1235»

Replies

• shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    I joined Sept 08 and have lost 10 lbs since joining. MFP was definately an eye opener for me - never realized how much crap I was consuming on a daily basis until I joined this.

My motivation to lose weight was because I also quit smoking in Sept 08 and didn't want to be one of those ppl who gain a ton of weight when they quit smoking. I started going for long walks to keep my mind off of smoking and than started watching what I put in my mouth.

Ideally I would like to lose another 20-30 lbs by the summer time (pre-baby weight 2 kids ago..lol):bigsmile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    I started my "new eating habits" on October 6th, food journaling, 5 basic food-groups, portions, sticking to my calories. But I changed over to this site because the food journal was so much easier and had a much bigger database of foods. Then I started walking after I was comfy with my eating changes. On here I found out after awhile, I needed help, duh. So I started in on the forums. I was frustrated and not losing anything! The first thing some Angel asked me was "are you eating your exercise calories? My answer was "no, I don't want to defeat my purpose or eat up all I burned, LOL:) Wow, there came the eye-opener. I've now been losing, and have lost 4 lbs. I would have to go to my chart to see for sure, but I think in about 3 weeks?? That is another thing, I stopped watching the scale and the measuring tape and basically, just enjoying life. I love my walks and my meals but sometimes I find myself not wanting to take the time to eat so I have to plan it a couple hours ahead, just know what I'll eat for snacks etc. If I have to think of what to eat at that moment, I don't want to eat at all. Tha'ts how it works for me anyway:) I go along for awhile and get curious and every time I have, I have lost another pound:) I love this site and it's members:) I share it with all I meet in hopes they wil come here and find what we have. I am so heartbroke whenever I hear another lie on tv or in a magazine about some "wonder" pill or programs that costs tons of dollars that folks fall for:(
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    :tongue:
    I have been on MFP since Sept I have lost 16 lbs while here, and 32 since making up my mind to change my life in July.

I hope everyone keeps up the great work, It really does feel great!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hey guys & gals *waves*

I joined MFP 32 days ago. In that time I have lost 8lbs & 5.5inches :bigsmile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    I joined in I wanna say march or somewhere around there I have since driopped between 15 and twenty my body is starting to hate me now and wants to stay where it is....
  • I'm new to this site but I have lost a total of 32 pounds in 6 weeks! I haven’t weighed under 200 pounds in at least 10 years. Still have a long way to go but definitely off to a great start.
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    I have been here for 1 month now... plus 4days .. n i have lost 7lbs... dats from 156lbs to 148...
    my ultimate aim is 132-135range... I am 5'6" tall

Thansk to MFP n good luck to all u ppl!!:drinker:
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    I have been here for 1 month now... plus 4days .. n i have lost 7lbs... dats from 156lbs to 148...

156 to 148lbs... 7lbs?? :noway:

147.somthin rite now...:happy:
  • Photoartist2
    Photoartist2 Posts: 5 Member
    :smile: Hey all I join MFP and have had wonderful ability losing weight. Before I thought just not eating after 7pm would work. I was a regular exerciser but never focused on caloric reduction or monitoring. This progrom helps in a painless way. I have lost 10 pounds using this already and my husband using it also and has lost 12 lbs.
    :happy:
    Sincerely Photoartist2
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!