What do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have found a breakfast that works very well for me.

1/2 a bagel thin toasted with a tbs of cinnamon raisin peanut butter and 1/4 sliced banana on top.

A conncotion I have dubbed breakfast sludge :laugh:
    -1/4 cup of cottage cheese
    -2 slices of pineapple
    -5 strawberries
    - 1/2 a serving of granola cereal or trail mix
    -1 tsp of splenda or choxclate syrup

It is pretty awesome to say the least!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast used to be one toasted english muffin with one slice cheese, one egg, and one Morningstar veggie sausage patty. With a piece of fruit it was right around 400 calories and kept me full for hours. I'm now trying to be gluten free so I do egg and veggies and cheese in a corn tortilla sometimes. I am looking for meat that's quick to cook to add in and low in cals. I don't care if it's real meat or a meat substitute but haven't found anything I like as well as the Morningstar! Maybe I'll get some turkey bacon, I used to eat that a lot.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Egg white breakfast sandwitch at Subway. Either that, or a couple of apples and some cheese.
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    depends on the day, if I'm at work, I do lower sugar maple oatmeal with 14 naked almonds (200 cals), or if i'm home i'll eat 2 whole eggs fried (I spoil myself on the weekends), with 3 slices of turkey bacon.. I eat a fruit and yogurt parfait on my lazy days.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Favorite breakfast is 2 farm fresh eggs scrambled with broccoli or asparagus or mushrooms or onions or all of them tossed in, cooked in butter/olive oil served along side 3 pieces of bacon. Sometimes have strawberries or walnuts for "dessert"

Have this almost every morning.
  • Coffeemanic
    Options
    Protein shake is totally the way to go. Good for energy and it is quick. I prefer raspberry as it is high in antioxidants and low in carbs.
  • Coffeemanic
    Options
    Protein shake is totally the way to go. Good for energy and it is quick. I prefer raspberry as it is high in antioxidants and low in carbs.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I switch things up a bit each day- favorites:
    - blueberries, Quark (identical nutritional stats + similar taste to fat free Greek yogurt but 1/2 the pric!) and bran flakes. (on a bran flake kick these days...)
    - homemade banana oatmeal pancakes (1/3 cup oats, 1 egg white, splash of skim milk, cinnamon, baking powder- mix and 'fry' with cooking spray) topped with Quark and sugar free syrup
    - oats cooked in water with cinnamon, vanilla + raisins or blueberries, mixed with Quark and chilled overnight (it's like rice pudding- I read about resistant starches/cooked then cooled grains and have been hooked ever since!)
    - homemade fat free pumpkin muffin topped with Quark and raisins (mixed up and microwaved for 30 seconds- like a dessert!)
    - crumbled granola bar (instant portion control) mixed with Quark and banana (tomorrow am having crumbled Kashi pumpkin pecan bar- so good- the pumpkin topping spreads flavor into whole bowl)

All come in at > 300 calories and 15+g protein. My favorite is the pancakes but am usually too lazy and rushed to make them!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites (and veggies) but it's getting so old i'm starting to add cheese back into it and that's no good.

So what do you have for breakfast?

Scrambed eggs (whole) and cheddar cheese. :bigsmile: Cheese is good for you, just don't over do it.

For an occasional change up, I add tomatoes and a corn tortilla.

And sometimes I go for oatmeal and yogurt (more protein in the morning works for me).
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    - 2% plain fage greek yogurt.
    - 1/2 cup strawberries halved.
    - 2 whole wheat low fat ego waffles.

~319 cals
  • lua0210
    lua0210 Posts: 7
    Options
    a packet of instant quaker apples and cinnamon oatmeal (130) with a full bottle of water, and if I have the time a handful of dried orange cranberries from trader joe's (96). It's super easy, and it take less than 10 minutes, and then I can get out the door.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    steel oats,banana and yogurt
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal, sugar free maple syrup, splenda brown sugar blend and 3-4 egg whites and one whole egg.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal. Today though I had a homemade lowfat, whole wheat strawberry muffin. It was yum.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Oatmeal
    9 raisins
    4oz V8 Veggie Juice
    1 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil
    1 Tbsp Crushed Flax Seeds
    2 Scoops 100% Whey Protein

Everyday!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    special K cereal with skim milk! and usually a protein bar in between breakfast and lunch ! always on the go!
  • kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If I don't do the scrambled egg white with veggies & a sprinkle of Asiago cheese, I do Fiber One Cottage Cheese. I mix in Stevia & Cinnamon, or Stevia & Blackberries, or just onion powder, salt & pepper. I also have the cottage cheese mixture at other times of the day - very filling. Nuts and other fruits would be good as well - endless possibilities!
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favorites.
    2 eggs, spinach & feta omlette with 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    2 eggs, salsa & mexican shredded cheese blend with toast
    2 slices turkey bacon, 1 egg over easy, slice of cheese on whole grain english muffin.
  • colortheplanet
    Options
    I love having oatmeal! When my mother makes oatmeal the night before in our crock pot I add low fat vanilla yogurt and it tastes sooo good. This really helps with my morning sweet tooth.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Two full-fat, delicious organic eggies with two pieces of Ezekiel toast, and an organic fuji apple. Kept me going through a loooooong day.