What do you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I have noticed that my tastes have changed over the past few months. If I eat fried food, I feel sick. I still love ice cream, but now I know that I can have just one scoop and feel just as satisfied as eating the whole thing. So I've learned my boundaries and if I want something, I eat it in moderation. I've also learned to kick up the flavors and spices on foods to make them more exciting. Savor every bite!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Cant give up chinese, just not having it weekly anymore! I've given up coffe, but I refuse to give up diet pepsi!
  • emylourow
    emylourow Posts: 38
    Options
    Wotsits
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up the low calorie instant hot chocolate mixes! I have about 2 cups a day for 35 calories each. I never drank hot chocolate before I started losing weight though, so instead of giving up something I just added it in... LOL, but now I'm maintaining so it isn't so bad.

I did the same thing! I grab one of those sugar free cocoa packs out of the break room at work in the afternoon sometimes if I start feeling like I want a snack, figure its better than the vending machine. I figure its fine since I'm replacing something that would be much worse, but I never drank it before.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Coffee, or my creamer, actually, since the actual coffee barely has calories. I buy fat free creamer now, but I know it's still calories I could use on something else. I just NEED caffeine in the morning and I looooooooovvveee my coffee!
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever be able to give up cheese. I just love it too much!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I give up nothing! Moderation is the key!

I agree! I still have wine and chocolate! I don't drink soda or eat fast food or processed junk, but those things are gross and make me feel bad. I enjoy real whole delicious foods and will continue to eat pasta and bread and potatos (yes I'm a carb addict). The trick is balance and moderation (still working on both).
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I still have a beer on occasion. I don't see myself giving it up yet.
    I can go a month or so. But I like to be able to let loose and have a drink.

I have to agree with you.... I like to unwind with a good Shiner on Friday. All in moderation and if I go over in my calorie count then I will gladly try to balance it out the following few days. I will admit after logging my consumption of things on this site I had a rude awakening about the calories in beer. I've changed to a lite or ultra or have a mixed drink instead to keep the calories down.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea. Have given up soda, so refuse to give up my sweet tea!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and Cheeseburgers. I can give up most fast food and other junk like chips, but chocolate and cheeseburgers are the two that will always hold a place in my heart.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I love this post!!

Here's my daily items that appear to be "vices", but I absolutely refuse to give up no matter what! The key is to eat smart and in moderation...

-Real light cream in my coffee (2 cups a day, 1 level tbsp in each, no sugar)
    -Natural peanut butter (no more than 2 tbsp a day, but usually only 1)
    -Chocolate (either a couple dark chocolate kisses or a deep chocolate Vitatop)
    -Red wine (average of 2-3 glasses per week, including the weekends)

And of course, I never give up ANYTHING on special occasions like holidays, family parties, or weddings. Those times are meant to be enjoyed and 1 day of "bad eating" never ruins a healthy lifestyle as long as you get back on track the next day.
  • Jillmgk36
    Jillmgk36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree- pizza is my favorite too.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sex.

Ummm... :huh:

For me, diet soda! >__< Gave up the regular stuff & the expensive coffee drinks & coffee altogether & ice cream pretty much. But I'm keeping my damn diet soda. And pizza. :) I make my own healtheir version on pizza at home :D
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I give up nothing! Moderation is the key!

EXACTLY my thoughts. If you feel like you are "giving up" certain foods or drinks, you may fail miserably. You need to use common sense, and when you do treat yourself, get back on the bandwagon the following day.

I refuse to say I can't eat anything.......I eat a wide variety of foods (well, OK, maybe I'm stuck in a rut for breakfast with my oatmeal :laugh: ), but I try to watch portion sizes and if I do overindulge one day, I try to walk more or eat more reasonably the following.

Kaye
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cereal! it's full of carbs but i have to have it
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Cocktails and chocolate........

When i began this I was (and still am) determined that just because menopause was upon me i didn't have to give up on life. And life was going to include health and fitness AND FUN!

Didn't know if it would work but so far IT IS!!

Happy day! :love:
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I love this post!!

Here's my daily items that appear to be "vices", but I absolutely refuse to give up no matter what! The key is to eat smart and in moderation...

-Real light cream in my coffee (2 cups a day, 1 level tbsp in each, no sugar)
    -Natural peanut butter (no more than 2 tbsp a day, but usually only 1)
    -Chocolate (either a couple dark chocolate kisses or a deep chocolate Vitatop)
    -Red wine (average of 2-3 glasses per week, including the weekends)

And of course, I never give up ANYTHING on special occasions like holidays, family parties, or weddings. Those times are meant to be enjoyed and 1 day of "bad eating" never ruins a healthy lifestyle as long as you get back on track the next day.
    Exactly!!!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I haven't given up anything! I still enjoy my crafted brews as well as chocolate....to quote what has been said many times over here, everything in moderation :drinker:
  • ladyjade68
    Options
    Sunflower seeds and Diet coke! I do the low sodium seeds. Tried caffeine free diet coke, but what's the point. Just have to drink it by noon or I'm awake all night.:yawn:
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well my first thoughts are alcohol and my daily fix of chocolate but I really haven't given up anything. If there's something I really must have a fit it into my diary, exercise more or just have a small sampling to satisfy my craving. I figure this is the only way I'm going to do this long term.