What do you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• LoriW78
    LoriW78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally believe moderation is the key. I find that if I try to give something up that I think about giving it up so much that I end up binging on it later.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Real butter. Actually I enjoy most of my favorite foods- just not as often or in such massive quantities.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    If I own it, I will eat it, so there is a lot of stuff I can't "own." I just eat it when we go out. But if it came down to it....wine!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    And of course, I never give up ANYTHING on special occasions like holidays, family parties, or weddings. Those times are meant to be enjoyed and 1 day of "bad eating" never ruins a healthy lifestyle as long as you get back on track the next day.

I completely agree!! I do try to choose wiser b/c I often find that things just don't taste as good as I think they should, but every now and then you just gotta go for it...like this past Sunday!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Coffee for me as well. I just have a smaller cup, and measure my favorite flavored creamer. Coffee has potassium in it which I need so I have a good excuse to keep drinking it! :bigsmile:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Coffee with my 1-2 TB of 1/2 and 1/2. One cup daily. If I have Starbucks it is always tall non fat latte with 1 packet of Steevia and cinnamon.
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    I feel so much better after reading everyone's replies to this thread. I was feeling so guilty for eating certain guilty pleasures lately, despite sticking to an exercise plan. I kept telling myself that I needed to eat a 'clean' diet - but what for?? I agree that it's best to enjoy all foods in moderation. If I restrict myself from eating something, I'll just want it more. And, I don't buy certain foods like cookies, otherwise I will wake through the night and eat 4 at a time! Definitely not in moderation!!
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    White Pizza with Tomatos. Only once and awhile, but when I want a treat, that is what I go for.
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Beer and Crown Royal.
    But that's why I live in the gym. :happy:
  • fancythis
    fancythis Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not trying to give up anything per se, but I believe in moderation. I just apparently don't practice it! LOL.

Seriously though, I'm trying to do away (more often anyhow) frozen dinner type foods just because their easy. The sodium in them in unbelievable.
  • orangeswild123
    Options
    My morning tea with normal sugar and half and half. It's the one thing I love and won't give up haha. Have to have my tea!
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    Soda ):
    I know at some point I'll have to, at least "pre-contest" but.. it's my biggest vice!
    I know that sounds ridiculous, haha but I just can't see myself surviving without it. Haha
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my right to choose anything at any given time.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Real bacon. Not turkey, tofurkey, ham, skillet strips, chicken strips...just bacon! :laugh: :happy:
  • JoyTN
    JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've not really given up anything. I just know that I can't have pizza everyday or that I can have 1 slice instead of 3. It's worked so far. I've tried diets before and given things up and they didn't last very long.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I am a huge coffee drinker, I love it. I have about 3 - 16oz cups a day. Occasionally Starbucks too. Coffee is my one ' I refuse to give it up'.

What is yours?

Coffee. I get kind of nutso without it. I love me some coffee.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I really did not "give up" the things I ate. Instead, I found a healthier way to prepare the food that I loved! On occasion, I treat my self to the not so healthy version. However, those items are treats.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I know everyone's got treats and yummies listed, but mine is bananas--I don't care how many sugars, carbs, etc. are in them--hell, you could tell me they have arsenic in them, I refuse to give them up EVER :tongue:
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I give up nothing! Moderation is the key!

I love this answer!! Ditto for me! :heart:
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have to say I Love Coffee too!!! I will never give that up nor cheese! It's so hard to say no although I have slowed down alot! ;) Yeah Me!!