Thunder thighs!

Options

Replies

• dmkaiser83
    Options
    Oh i hate having to buy jeans to fit my thighs just to find that they are huge around the waist!! I have a pretty flat stomach but i have a big booty and thighs to match, so they are always gapping!!
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mine are also around the same (between 22.5-23.5 depending on whether I measure higher up or near the middle of my thigh). They've actually gone down from about 24", so I'm pretty happy with that measurement. I accept that I probably can't lose too much on my thighs because that's partially genetics. I just store most of my fat there, as well as around my hips and butt. I'll probably shed off of one or two more inches, but they will always be big. Instead of focusing on reducing them, I'm focusing on toning so that they look strong and not jiggly. Running has been working wonders for me. In about 8 weeks, I've already developed some muscle tone on the top and outer parts of my thighs. My shorts don't ride up in the middle as much as they used to and I don't feel so self-conscious when I wear them in public anymore. The inner part is a bit harder to tone, but I've been doing some strength training at the gym, so I'm hoping to tone there too in the future.

Be proud of your thunder thighs. I know I am!
  • Simone1970
    Options
    Like the others, I have big thighs too. But I found a way to tone them up if not make them a little smaller. When I was an amateur bodybuilder 14 years ago the only strength training exercise that helped with this was lunges. I would take 5lb dumb bells and stand in place. Then I would step forward and lunge down. I would do 12 reps on each side and rest. I would do a total of 4 sets. I like this form of a lunge because you don't have to walk all around a gym/house to do them. You just need a small space in your house and you can do them anywhere.

If you do lunges at least twice a week or threee times if your legs aren't too sore, I think after a 2-3 months, you will see your thighs tone up and possibly lean down a bit. For me, a very clean diet, lots of cardio (stairmaster/jogging), and lunges was the ONLY thing that got rid of my cellulite on my outer thighs and made them look proportionate to the rest of my smaller body.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have big thighs AND calves =(
  • Sta83cy
    Sta83cy Posts: 14
    Options
    I work in the retail world and I'm short and stocky. I never thought I would be able to pull them off but it all depends on the type of skinny jeans you're trying on. Are they the jeggings, or actually skinny jeans. I have a couple of pairs and I love them. I like the ones with a lot of stretch in them. It really helps to even you out by wearing a top with some volume and tighter pants, also if you pair them with tall boots it helps to even the volume out in your legs. I would try brands like vigoss and hydraulics, they are made for women with curves. I can't pull the look off with heels though. You've got to dress for your body. If you are shorter it looks really cute to cuff them and wear your flats.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the Skinny jeans! The weren't that great in the 80's and they aren't that great now. Your legs shouldn't be the same thickness from the ankle to the hip! Be proud that you have curves and not the body of a 12 yr old boy!
    AMEN!

I have curves and I love them!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have to me anyway big thighs and calves and I am working on toning my thighs. I do not want those babies to be all cottage cheese like. I used to have very muscular thighs and legs in general. I want my thighs to trim and tone. 2 summers ago I was down to a size 8 and my thighs were so slim and toned. I don't know if they will get that small again but I would like them to be proportionate to a size 12 and toned. My calves are very muscular still so I would like to have my body look toned all over.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am so there with everyone!!! I feel awful about my thighs--especially the fact that there is no gap between them when standing normal!!! Oh, to see the sunlight peeking through...:sad:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I feel you. My thighs are thunderous, even when I was a normal weight. I could never ever wear skinnies or jeggings. Oh well. At least it's about 75% muscle? That's what I keep telling myself. -_-
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have bigger thighs and calves, but they are very toned. I've always been self-conscious about it just because I don't think it looks all that feminine if I'm wearing a skirt, but in some tight jeans, my legs look great, and I'm not afraid to say it. I'm not a fan of "real" skinny jeans that are tight all the way down to the ankle, but I have some skinny bootcut jeans that I got from NY & Company a few months ago that are very form-fitting from the hip to just below the calf. They are stretchy and very flattering.

I haven't taken measurements of my thighs in a long time, but when I first started trying to lose weight, they were 25 inches. They are noticeably thinner and more toned now, thanks to lots of squats, deadlifts, lunges, kettlebell swings/cleans, and walking and running up steep inclines (I live in Austin, TX, which is a very hilly city).
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 25" and they don't budge but I can wear skinny jeans!

I wish my thighs were 25" :(

trade ya?

Take them! And give me two ab muscles! LOL!
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh i hate having to buy jeans to fit my thighs just to find that they are huge around the waist!! I have a pretty flat stomach but i have a big booty and thighs to match, so they are always gapping!!

So true! My pants always feel tight on my thighs, but loose around my waist. :(
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Yes! And by the looks of it, we started in the same place. I am also like 5'3 and a half and started at like 147 lbs with 23 inch thighs. I'm down to around 136 - 137 and have almost lost an inch on the thights...I've lost some fat in other places first. So...I think they are moving in the right direction, it just takes time. For me, it seems to be one of the last places I'm losing.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to measure my thighs...LOL

I have always said I am all hips and butt. I have a 13" difference between my waist and hips. makes pants shopping ANNOYING! I am good with curves...I want to keep them. But just in smaller proportions. LOL
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I will never have skinny legs like models do no matter what and I look ridiculous in skinny jeans.

Just some food for thought, even models don't have perfect thighs. Thier legs and thighs are very often airbrushed and elongated in magazines. Its not fair to you to compare yourself to that UNATTAINABLE image of perfection. It doesn't exist.

And it could be worse, you could have my thighs... 26". But I'm working on it. Do what you can and be confident in your efforts. Good luck hun.
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Even when I was skinny I had big thighs but we all gotta remember there are all types of body types and people that love each type. I lucked out that my hubby likes big legs and booty. I didn't set out to find someone that loves my body type but it is an advantage, I don't have major pressure to become stick thin. I'm learning its about confidence and appreciation of what you have. As much as I complain about excess chub, I have to remind myself that someone would love to walk in my thick legs or be able to dance in them. Keep moving and don't take whatever you do have for granted!
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I will never have skinny legs like models do no matter what and I look ridiculous in skinny jeans.

Just some food for thought, even models don't have perfect thighs. Thier legs and thighs are very often airbrushed and elongated in magazines. Its not fair to you to compare yourself to that UNATTAINABLE image of perfection. It doesn't exist.

And it could be worse, you could have my thighs... 26". But I'm working on it. Do what you can and be confident in your efforts. Good luck hun.

Thanks! :) I should probably edit my initial post. My goal was never to have model-thin legs, but I was just using those as an extreme example of what I'm not.
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!! I dO :/ my mon says I got the legs from her side of her family. My thighs are huge that's the reason I have to get bigger pant sizes!! I still wear skinny jeans though...u should too if that's wat u like wearing. Even if we got big thighs... But one thing I would nvr wear are shorts :/ I want to sooo bad but my thighs are big!!! But there's leg workouts..and we can change that...and actually big thighs can b sexy :) there not always bad looking. If my thighs were a weeee bit smaller I would b happy with them honestly they would still b thick but I would be comfortable.. It's better than having thin chicken legs :)
  • Ravencjw
    Ravencjw Posts: 18
    Options
    I know having big thighs is a hard thing..I wish I could say that though...I am an apple shape...I wish it was all below...I am afraid of the weight that I have on my upper half because I am at high risk of heart trouble. And the vain side of me ....it's really hard to find really cute tops..I can find cute bottoms but not tops...I think we all have trouble no matter what size we are...or where our weight resides on our bodies...I wish you luck on your weight loss journey and hope you lose your thighs...Cindy
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think bigger thighs are sexy! I would hate to have legs like a supermodel, it's so unfeminine :sick:

I don't get why a few people on here are saying that they want their thighs not to touch.. If they had a big gap inbetween that's too skinny in my opinion & doesn't look very nice.

It's time to embrace curves. It's healthy & MUCH sexier than skinny. I totally agree with the person who said it's better to have curves than look like a 12 year old boy!