Jillian Michael's the 30 day Shred or Ripped in 30 challenge

Options

Replies

• toonsykitty
    Options
    I found this website while doing a web search for reviews on the "Jillian Ripped in 30" DVD. I just ordered it - should arrive by May 5 but I'd love to jump into your challenge!!

Weather here in Seattle is awful, just got back from a 2 week vacation in 80 degree weather so walking outdoors is out of the question for probably another month. If I go to the gym (which has not happened in a LOOOOONG time) I only do cardio. I am hoping this DVD helps with toning. I'm a little worried about making too much noise for my neighbor downstairs though (Im a city dweller - condo). Hopefully there isnt a lot of jumping around. :)

I gained 10 pounds about 2.5 years ago - seems impossible to get rid of it! ARG I really want to be happy with myself by July!

Joie
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    there's a good bit of jumping jacks but you can do a modified version to not be as "forceful" on your neighbor's heads. I did it last night. I put my headphones on went to town!!! Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • hello1980
    hello1980 Posts: 26
    Options
    OMG, okay so yesterday I did Week/Level 3 of Ripped in 30. Did not really care for it. I was sweating at the binning of the warm-up, which was not as fun. I always look forward to the AB workout because it gave me a little breather, not so much in level 3. It was tough but I made it through. Like Ms. Michael's says "you’re not going to die" but you will feel like it. I hope this did not scary anyone. :blushing: I did like it, I loved the challenge and I am just happy I got through it. I will have to do Level 3 for about 2 weeks before I can move on to level 4. I am curious, has anyone done week 4 on Ripped in 30? If so did you like or dislike it?

04/25/2011 Day 6
    Elliptical - 30 minutes
    Ripped in 30 Level 3 - 25 minutes
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Day 5
    30 Day Shred - Level 1

Wow, this is really kicking my butt! It's hard, but I'm staying with it. I've found that I am much hungrier during the day, which means I really must be burning some calories in the morning. I usually walk a mile or two in the afternoon as well.

I'm pretty much at a weight that I'm happy with, but I'm trying to tone everything up. My goal is to have a decent looking stomach by summer and see if I can get away with wearing my two-piece swimsuit again. This is post-baby (almost two years now), so it all depends on how much of the belly pooch I can eliminate!
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    Did you see a change with the 30DS?
  • wisawofgren
    wisawofgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My shred dvd arrived yesterday, the ripped should be here today.... Sunday morning is going to be great fun....Level 1 here I come... I start working with my personal trainer, very Jillian like, today... Look out body fat, a change is coming!!!!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to log the 30-day shred workout in the exercise section? I have no idea how many calories I'm burning, and I don't have a heart rate monitor (nor do I plan on getting one).
  • shockrow
    shockrow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here. i just started the 30 day Shred this morning and logged it as circuit training.. Is that what everyone else is doing?
  • acrumby25
    acrumby25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm In!! I've been doing her training on the Comcast OnDemand for the past three days and I feel great!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    About loggin calories, I just log as circuit training. I know that it's not totally accurate, but my calorie intake is set to include exercise, so I dont eat my exercise calories back.

Ok, here's my progress so far -

Monday - run 2 miles - completed

Tuesday - week 2 of Ripped in 30 - completed (yeah, barely)

So um... Ripped in 30 is really hard!!!! I even dreamt last night about those pushups with knee ups (whatever she called them, I think I was sweating too hard to hear at that point LOL). With others that have that situation, do you go back to the previous week until you have do everything without modification, or do you do the more difficult week with modifications? When I do the same level over and over I get bored. I'm thinking about switching between Week 1 and 2 until it gets easier.
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ugh... still waiting for my 30 Day Shred in the mail.... booooo
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    About loggin calories, I just log as circuit training. I know that it's not totally accurate, but my calorie intake is set to include exercise, so I dont eat my exercise calories back.

Ok, here's my progress so far -

Monday - run 2 miles - completed

Tuesday - week 2 of Ripped in 30 - completed (yeah, barely)

So um... Ripped in 30 is really hard!!!! I even dreamt last night about those pushups with knee ups (whatever she called them, I think I was sweating too hard to hear at that point LOL). With others that have that situation, do you go back to the previous week until you have do everything without modification, or do you do the more difficult week with modifications? When I do the same level over and over I get bored. I'm thinking about switching between Week 1 and 2 until it gets easier.

I am on week 3 of ripped. I do each level to the best of my ability no matte how sloppy and move on. I plan on starting it over in 30 days and hopefully doing it with more grace same with Shred.
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just did the first workout today... Please add me as a friend if you want to help keep each other motivated... I have a couple weddings coming up in the next couple of months and I'm hoping this will help tone me up :)

question- do you stay with the one level for the month? or do you increase when you feel like you can?
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    I am going to do the jillian 30 day shred starting todayy! anyone who wants to do withh or who wanna add me for sum update Go aheadd! id love some input
  • hello1980
    hello1980 Posts: 26
    Options
    Ok so last night I was so sore from doing Ripped in 30 week 3 for 2 days straight so I had to bring it back to 30 day shred Level 1. :sad: But at least I did something, or that's what I have to keep telling myself. LOL. There's this one move in week 3 where you use one arm and you lay on your side and it's kind of like a push up. I forget what she calls it because like sdgirl22 said about sweating too hard to hear (LOL) that was how I felt in week 3. So here is my training.

04/26/2011 Day 7
    Ripped in 30 – Week 3
    Elliptical – 30 minutes

04/27/2011 Day 8
    30 day Shred – Level 1 :frown:
  • isktaine
    isktaine Posts: 8
    Options
    Okay so I've been doing level 1 and some extra ab work afterwards for 4 days, its hard but I'm keeping up with the "advanced" woman on most of the exercises. When do you think its best to move on to a higher level? Is it better to do level 1 well or level 2 not so strongly?
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday..and ill be honest...15 mins in and i was bout to fall out! but..im going to do it all the way tonight dadgummit!
  • isktaine
    isktaine Posts: 8
    Options
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday..and ill be honest...15 mins in and i was bout to fall out! but..im going to do it all the way tonight dadgummit!

It really does get easier everyday...... you got this! I did like 3 days so far and already feel stronger (not sure if it is all in my head) but eh! I'm starting to feel really good :happy: