What does breakfast look like to you?

Options

Replies

• Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just started forcing myself to eat breakfast and at the moment it's oatmeal. Not very exciting I know LOL
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This morning I did Trader Joes Blueberry Flax Oatmeal with sliced almonds and a half of a banana mashed in.
    It was yummy and filling.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to wake up early and do an omelet to see if it keeps me fuller.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I find I do great with a good amt of protein for breakfast ...just carbs (like I used to do) and I am hungry and searching.

If I have an egg or egg substitute with a couple of turkey sausage links and whole wheat bagel flat or deli flat I am pretty good until lunch time.

Its also about trying to change it up but I sure do enjoy an egg in the morning. That Turkey sausage has so much flavor I also add it to stir fry witih veggies.
    :smile:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I typically "run" out of the house in the morning so I eat when I get to work from my stash. Here's a typical breakfast from my diary:

Thomas' - Hearty Grains Bagel - 100% Whole Wheat, 1 bagel
    Jif - Peanut Butter, 2 Tbsp. (32g)
    Fresh Fruit - Banana - Medium 7 - 8" , 1 Banana
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1.5 cup (8 fl oz)

Sometimes I'll add:
    Dannon - Yogurt Light & Fit - Vanilla, 1 cup

Or if my workout that day is a lifting day I'll swap out the coffee for:
    Meijer - Whey & Soy Protein, 2 scoops / 32g
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I get on kicks with certain foods...for awhile I would eat two nutrigrain whole wheat waffles with nutella in the middle, like a sandwich, then I got on a kick of eating Jimmy Dean turkey sausage, egg white, cheese, on a whole grain english muffin, now I'm on oatmeal again. On the weekends it's usually egg whites, scrambled with cheese, and some turkey bacon!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Lately, I've been quite lazy, so it's been one serving of Kix cereal with 1/2 cup light soy milk.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am a big breakfast eater! I like to change it up everyday....

Today I had a 100 calorie whole wheat bagel....omelet made with 2 eggs, skim milk, feta cheese and 1/4 cp mushroom with hot sauce on it. Yum!
    Some other days:

Homemade oatmeal with skim milk, cinnamon, and dried cherries...sometimes I add yogurt to it

1 cp cherrios with 1/2 skim milk

1 whole wheat eggo waffle with pb on it
    I could eat breakfast for lunch and dinner.....I hate to eat just a granola bar...blech!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast and Adam's peanut butter, usually.

About once a week I have the extra time to do a two-egg omlette, and add mushrooms and cheese.
  • rkellywhite
    rkellywhite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 1/2 cup FF Fage Greek Yogurt topped with homemade granola, half a banana and 1 T. cherry conserve. YUM!
  • kaestes1
    kaestes1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I always have coffee with a splash of skim milk (coffee addict...). Then, usually Special K with some cinnamon sprinkled on top! If I'm out of milk, I like to make a toad in the hole (one egg cooked into a cut-out hole in a piece of toast)! I try to keep my sugar intake low in the morning. I used to HAVE to have a big glass of OJ, but that's pretty rare now. I find that I have more energy if my sugar doesn't spike right away in the morning!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I vary my breakfasts. Today I had a chocolate banana protein shake. Other days I might have oatmeal or sometimes Kashi cereal.
  • Ravencjw
    Ravencjw Posts: 18
    Options
    I have a really simple breakfast. I have two servings of Malto meal with two Tablespoons of peanut butter for the protein. I also put a banana in it if I have one that morning. Any fruit would be good I bet. Or I have two eggs and one piece of toast. Sometime I skip breakfast and just have a sugar free flavored coffee, but that isn't so healthy..My breakfasts are getting back on track now..they were messed up for awhile...
  • jessie_03_17
    jessie_03_17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Before joining MFP I never ate breakfast so I am slowly adjusting to eating every morning. Lately my breakfast has been 1 cup of cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and a Kroger carbmaster yogurt. Keeps me full until lunch and isn't too bad calorie wise either.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I always have coffee and either a hummus sandwich or cereal (sometimes the sugary unhealthy kind). I need to improve this since I'm always hungry two hours later!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Almost every day..........oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins and craisins and a TBS of honey.
    Added a TBS of ground flax seed this morning and I don't know if it's psychological or what, but it seems to have kept me fuller longer today.
    I also added a TBS of flax seed to my yogurt at lunch, and again........NOT hungry right now and typically this time of day i'm starting to get hungry again!
    Hopefully the flax seed is what is keeping me fuller since it's got fiber, antioxidants and omega 3's!
    It didn't change the flavor at all, just the texture! We will see!!
  • singingmom
    singingmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I make myself a breakfast burrito usually. Scramble one egg with water and chopped onion place on 2 small corn tortillas bake in oven for 5 min on 400. Add salsa and eat! Or I have special k red berries with a banana and oj.
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Two words: Turkey Bacon! Trader Joes has an amazing uncured nitrate free 60 cal per slice bacon and it's delicious! I will eat a slice with egg whites and a fruit and I am good to go. I still feel like I am cheating eating bacon, but I'm really not. On the weekends I tend to eat a bigger breakfast with the fam, but I watch the portions! :happy:

5151543.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jasperrains
    jasperrains Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It varies for me. I have a Fiber One 90 Calorie bar some days with Coffee. I will also do a bagel thin with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Today I had a Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage with egg white and cheese muffin. Only 260 calories and pretty tasty. Once a week I have breakfast with my son at McDonald's. He gets hot cakes. I get a sausage burrito or an egg McMuffin. Either of those are 300 calories.Sometimes we will my omelets from Egg Beaters with reduced fat cheese and veggies with ham or sausage or bacon. Always keep it under 300 calories. i do have coffee almost every day.
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    1 egg, 1 cup of berries and 1/2 cup yogurt. I can't live with out my breakfast. :)
  • wictory
    wictory Posts: 3
    Options
    Oatmeal + berries and coffee