Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - April Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Kandace-I hope the list works for you!! It definately is easy to forget yourself when you have kiddos...but it is essential to maintain a happy balance in your life! Let me know how that works! Great job on getting the walk in already though...that is great! I think everyone is actually probably asleep right now (it's 3am here in NV!) the only reason that I am up, is that I am at work! :tongue:

have a great day...and don't forget to check off your list as you go!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Sorry for being absent over the weekend, but I promise I kept up and logged :)

Tara- You can totally do it, but even if you don't make your goal before meeting the bfs parents, you are still totally awesome and are doing a fantastic job!!

Kandace- I love Tara's idea of a list and I am one of those people who gets statisfaction out of crossing things off a list, so much so that if I do something not on my list I will promptly add it so that I can cross it off- hehehe I would definitely try it and even if on some days there are only 3 things on there, at least you will feel like you accomplished what you needed to!

Meag- I want to tell you how proud I am of you for taking this balance thing and totaly going for it! You are doing a great job of figuring out what works for you, and this includes your breaks from logging! You should be really proud of the changes you are making right now!

AFM- saw a 3.5 lb loss this morning! WHAT!! I honestly think part of that weight was from the previous week. When I weighed in last Monday it was only a .5 lb loss but sometimes my good deeds take an extra day or two to show up, so I am feeling really great about that! I have officially lost 36.5 lbs which is something I never thought I would say!! 3.5 more lbs and I hit 40 lbs down, 6.5 more lbs and I am half way to my goal!! I feel lilke I can totally do this!! Plus this puts me well over my goal for the month of April and I still have one more week to kick some *kitten*!!

What is even better- today I ran 2 miles outside without stopping!! It was really hard- especially the last 1/4 mile, but my coworker who runs with me really helped me push through and we ran it at around a 11 min mile pace which is 1 min faster then my treadmill runs. I am feeling positive about this transition to outdoors running and I am really hoping that I can keep up at least 2 miles from now on. My goal is just to be able to consistently do 3.1 miles. I'm really ok if I never really do more then that and if I never get much faster :) all of that would just be icing on the cake! However, I was thinking after I finished my 2 miles, that my senior year of high school, trying out for the varisty soccer team which I made, we were required to run 1.5 miles in under 1 minutes. I couldn't do it so I had to cheat and jump off the track one lap early and say I was finished. I think my coach knew I wasn't but she let it slide because she knew I would work hard. The fact that I can do much better then that now and don't have to pretend to accomplish some goal that I really didn't is probably the biggest victory of all!! Love you ladies!!

XOXO
    Megan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!!

Melissa - hopefully you can keep finding steals like you did with your bathing suit and then your wardrobe will be built back up in no time and you won't have spent too much. Luckily you are maintenance right now so whatever you buy should last you a long while.

Rachel - so glad to have you back girly!! :flowerforyou: I have yet to attempt a JM workout because I don't think I am quite ready for her *kitten* kicking!! But great job!!

Allie - sorry to hear about your work troubles. Definitely makes "life" harder when you are having to deal with a grown woman's tantrums at work. And I am right there with you on the mindset and diligence. I was hitting it hard for a good 2 months....working out regularly and making better food choices but then life got busy again and I resorted back to my old ways. I am slowly trying to get back into my groove and hopefully you can too!!

Meag - glad to hear that race went well!! And you are finally on the downward slope to seeing an end to this job. Can't wait to hear about all of your good finds while shopping with you mom today!

Kandace - hope you were able to get in some good quality time with the hubby!! I also am a HUGE fan of lists. I probably make them on a regular basis. It helps keep me on track and is also very rewarding when you can check stuff off and even more rewarding when the whole list has been checked off. And remember....keep up the great work and be nice to yourself!!

Shannon - I think I had made it to W4 of C25K training before I got busy with life and stopped training. I'm hoping to pick it back up but that gets tough with baseball season here and the stadium just 10 minutes from my house. Hoping to find some balance so that it will all work. With just 4 weeks left of school, I can probably make something work. And great job with your run so far!!!

Tara - I'm sure you will rock your WI on Wednesday...you are infamous for that!! I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my yoga booty ballet in the mail as we speak. I am not one to WO at home because I believe its my santuary so I would rather work out at the gym and do school in a classroom...hopefully you get that. But something new might spark my interest and since my stepdad has already moved to AZ, the living room is completely available to get in some workouts. Keep up the great work lady!! You can totally make your goal!!

Megan - great loss!! And glad that you were able to push through that last 1/4 mile. If I could get used to running outside, I would probably be able to squeeze it in more often but I don't have anything that shows my distance or my burn so I tend to stick to the treadmill.

AFM...had a very busy weekend!! Had a kids bday party on Saturday that I was terrified I was going to overeat at but I decided to stick to one slice of pizza and double up on the salad, even though it probably wasn't all that healthy either but I figured it was better than doubling, or even tripling, up on the pizza. Easter was kinda emotional for me because it will more than likely be the last holiday that I spend with my mom in a long while. She made a great brunch and I pretty much go to the point that I was eating just for the sake of shoving stuff in my face. I think once I stopped, I was good for the day and didn't eat dinner. Got to see the bf last night and think that things are good. I was talking to a friend about the whole situation and she said maybe is just a good guy. I believe that because he has never done anything to me, its my past experiences that get the best of me. My bf is generally carefree so he doesn't analyze things in great detail like I do. He just says what he does and gets on with his day which can be frustrating but I need to come to terms with my own insecurities and let everything else just happen. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :happy: Wow my weekend was such a whirlwind and today was incredibly busy... No time to post until now, and even now I am a bit rushed so this will be quick.

I haven't had any time to log food, which I think may be a blessing in disguise. I'm taking a bit of a breather right now and I feel like I'm doing OK. I definitely had a bunch of ice cream today, but otherwise I didn't cheat or sneak anything which is rare for me. I think not logging and not knowing that I have so many cals left for the day helps to ease my urge to use them up as much as I can. I think that my general frugality in life (I'm ridiculously cheap - it's a fact I cannot deny!) lends itself to this mentality of "getting the most out of my daily cals" to a really unhealthy extreme sometimes. Not logging keeps me from being able to quantify exactly how much I have left to eat and thus I rely I lot more on what I feel like eating, and when, and so I am much less stressed. Of course, I still worry a lot about carbs but I'm definitely eating things I wouldn't have eaten last week (corn on the cob - what!?!) and I'm allowing myself some serious lee-way. It's going well. Here's hoping I don't gain 3lbs this week and fall into a major downward spiral of OCD logging and carb-minding...

The weekend was sooo exhausting with work, Tyler's family Easter brunch, moving, and trying to fit in time with my family as well. I was a complete zombie meeting Ty's family but I think it went well. I found some things to eat, but was definitely quite famished on the drive home and similarly today while shopping in the States with my mom. It seems easier to just under-eat than find healthy alternatives, and it seems like lately I'm ALWAYS starved. Definitely didn't care for it, but made up for it at dinner with a really healthy and filling meal.

Since I was so busy all weekend I had no time to hit the gym, so I finally got a good workout in tonight. Arc trainer, push-ups and stretching, and then a cool down jog. Trying out the Hundred Push-up Challenge again with some MFPals. W1D1 today was a success. 45 full push-ups total. Should be interesting to see how far I can get...

Shopping was a MAJOR success today - Bought some really cute clothes at the Gap Outlet, Ann Taylor Loft Outlet and Target and picked up some sweet foodie stuff that we don't have here in Canada. Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa, thin mints ice cream (!!!), almond, peanut and cashew butter, Seattle's Best coffee, and some super sweet Chobani (had one for lunch, too!). I'm saving all of it to enjoy once my current stashes run out (which is sooo hard) but boy am I excited. We don't carry any of those brands here! Yay!:bigsmile:

Ok enough about me... I have to get a TON done before tomorrow, which is proving to already be a crazy hectic day. I will do my best to catch up with everyone tomorrow morning while I nosh on my breakfast. Sorry I've been horrible at replying to you all. Thanks for all your messages. Promise to be a better MFPal in May! It'll be one of my goals, for sure :heart:
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ~Meag.. sounds like you had an awesome weekend!~!~! Good for you!

~Tara... The lists are working out! I am on list numbero dos~!~! .lol... I did feel much better last night after beig able to see how much I really did throughout the day.

~Megan... its funny, I found myself writing things in on my list too!~! and yes, it was fun to cross it off. I used a highlighter and highlighted things when they were done, very fun!

~Guam... I am trying to be nice to myself. I just need to realize that exercise IS being nice to myself. I have been so lazy, aside from cleaning, I just cant get myself to workout. But I know that I want to drop some more poundage so meeting MY OWN goals is being nice to myself, right?????

AFM.... I just cant get myself moving!~!~! I am outside a lot with my dog and sometimes I make myself walk a little extra further cuz I know I need it, but I also know I can jog. I just NEVER do it. I dont understand whats wrong with me. Its like all of a sudden I am afraid of sweating. I get so "in my head" that I talk myself out of it instead of just doing it. Uhhhhh!~! I already logged 45 min of walking so I HAVE to do it. I am going to walk up and check my mail, its a HUGE hill and round trip will be about 2 miles. Maybe I can break my "running outside" fear by starting to run downhill???? Ill see!

I tryed switching back to black tea instead of coffee. I usually would eat a piece of toast with my tea. If I didnt eat something with my tea then it upset my stomach and I would get sick. This morning I ate 2 freakin cups of watermelon and after 2 sips of my tea I have been running to the bathroom. Let me tell you, throwing up before 9am really ruins the energy of the day. Why cant I just have some TEA?~?~?!?!?!?!!!!!! Im frustrated, I need to get out of my head now. I guess I will take that walk... dont want to dont want to dont want to!~!~!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey all! hope everyone had a good weekend!

well i'm still stuck in the 150's, but somehow when i weighed in this morning i was down to 150.5, totally out of nowhere, when i was expecting to be up around 153.. i def had my share of some chocolate on Easter... my mom still gets me and my sister baskets, but when she gave me mine, she said, "I didn't get a lot of chocolate b/c i know you're watching your weight." thought that was nice :) at dinner there are 5 of us, so not a ton of food.. we started out with a salad and had broccoli and some chicken, sausage, potatoes, and peppers for dinner.. pretty decent on the healthly front..

today i went for a run, but ended up having to stop at 1 mile due to this crazy stomach cramp, directly in the middle of my stomach which i've never gotten before.. then the whole thing ended up being a walk/run combo of 4+ miles.. wasn't too happy, but it was nice to be outside and doing something.. I ordered a combo pack of Jillian Michaels dvd's including the 30 day shred, and will be starting either tomorrow or wed, and will def put up my review! i went to the sports store to get weights and ended up lugging 21 pounds worth to my car, which was thankfully not that far away lol.. the guy quaduple bagged them haha.
    while i was at the mall i ended up buying some shorts and capris and such, in size 6 (what?!) which def do not fit... i figured this idea of the clothing motivation worked before, it'll work again b/c if it doesn't than i really won't have much to wear this summer except my sweat shorts which are all big.. def can't wear those to the bar!

Megan- congrats on the awesome loss, keep it up! and wtg with the running!! that's great that you have someone to run with and encourage you.. my friend and i were going to run together, but it's hard since we're about 40 min apart :(

Kan- believe me i know exactly how you feel!! i swear ever since this year started i've been finding it harder and harder to get back into the midset that i had last year. i'm queen of making excuses.. some weeks i have multiple meetings/appts which screw up my sleep, and even if i do have time to do something, even just 20 min, i just say forget it, and do nothing.. i think for me right now, i'm feeling kinda good about myself, and the fact that i have barely been working out and still maintaining is totally keeping me where i am... however i'm still 20 pounds away from my goal, and still look at myself and think, ugh you still look fat! very frustrating, but at least you're out at moving.. i think Tara's to-do list idea is great.. i should start doing it myself!

Guam- def meant to comment last time, sorry! i'm sorry to hear about your hardships right now, and i hope that you'll be able to come out strong for yourself and children. def take things slow in regards to getting back into the good old habits, one step at a time, and you'll find yourself back where you were in no time! even just doubling up on the salad like you mentioned... step in the right direction!

Meag- sounds like a great weekend to me! i love love love the mint cookie ice cream! my fave GS cookie however is the Samoa, which i know they also made into an ice cream, though i have yet to try it lol.. i went to the store today and got so flippin excited b/c they had my light and fit pear-flavored yogurt... i swear i'm in love, and that's coming from someone who hated yogurt up until college lol. having one during break!

Tara- again, thanks for checkin in on me earlier.. i'm here, half-lurking, but trying to check in more..gotta get back on the acountability train!

yay for the weather finally coming around!!! though it was super humid today, bleck.. so beyond ready for the sun!!

and p.s. just wanted to say that i'm now addicted to the Eat This, Not That emails that i signed up for and get daily.. they're awesome! they have some great articles, and links that lead to other great references... worth a check-out!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    quick post...sorry for any typos! LOL

Megan-Thanks so much for your continued words of encouragement...it's nice to know someone as strong as you feels that I am seemingly as strong! I really do appreciate it! Awesome job on the loss...you are totally killing it this month and will slam that April goal into the dust!Plus, fantastic job on your run!

Bethany-thanks girl, I sure hope that you are right! Let me know how you like the yoga booty ballet...I totally get what you are saying about working out at home...but hopefully you will see this as more of a fun thing then a workout! Great job on the pizza, and way to salvage Easter day :)

Meag-glad to hear that you had some good luck shopping!! let me know how that thin mint ice cream is..sounds delish! CONGRATS on your push-ups...that challenege was horrible for me!! LOL

Kandace-I am glad to hear that the lists are working...I hope it becomes a normal useful tool for you!! did you get that walk/run in outside?? you can do it!

Allie-you know what I think!! just keep on keeping on and the 140's will be appearing out of no where next!!

AFM-nada new folks!!! 5 days left!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning my beautiful Kickin' *kitten* ladies and HAPPY TUESDAY! :bigsmile:

Non-selfish post for once...

Tara - Oh heck yes, this challenge IS horrible. It's horrible by it's very nature. By thanks for the encouragement! We'll see how far I get :laugh: You are pwning April, per usual, and I can't wait to hear your final tally of results for the month. 5 more days to kill it, girl. Keep it up!

Kan - We all struggle with motivation now and again. I know that once I got side-tracked with my training and stopped working out every single day it was really hard to find the motivation to get back to it. I knew that I needed it more mentally and emotionally than i did physically (since I was able to maintain while injured without too much difficulty) but it was really hard to convince myself to get my *kitten* moving, because I knew that I could get away with not working out and I was just feeling so down and out already. I love Tara's list idea... I tend to do that when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I also commit myself on MFP to working out. I'll post something like "Getting up tomorrow to kill my run at 9am" and then I feel committed to it - I know it's silly because no one is going to call me out on it, but if I don't log a run I feel compelled to write "welp, didn't run because I couldn't get off my lazy *kitten*..." and no one wants to write that! :laugh: It's a total mind game with yourself, but it helps! I swear! Making a schedule for yourself to workout also helped me when I was getting started - that way I never had to think about what I was doing. I just made a schedule that fit with my life and stuck to it. Like a second job. Eventually it becomes routine and you don't even need motivation - you just do it out of habit. I know that works super well for some people and for others it totally sucks the fun out of exercise. Just figure out what works for you! Good luck!

Megan - Thanks for the continued support :bigsmile: Your dedication to this journey is so uplifting and motivating to me on days when I am really struggling. I read your posts and think "Wow... I used to be just like that when I was training" and it helps to remind me of how hard I worked to get here and how much I need to spend this time enjoying my journey, finding balance, and making life "work" for me. I just cannot train that hard forever. But your posts also tend to make me want to get my butt moving and burn some calories! haha Love the victory you posted too... I was such a "cheater" when I was young because I really just did not believe in myself at all. I'd always cut corners and never believed that I could dig deep and finish something really challenging through will power and dedication alone. If I got the idea in my head that something was too hard, I'd just quit before trying because I was so afraid of failure. Knowing now how sweet it feels to actually finish what I set out to do, even if my goals are lofty and seem nearly unreachable, I feel like I wasted so much potential in those years by not pushing myself harder. We are both so lucky that we figured this out NOW and won't be wasting any more time or potential in the years to come. We both know what we're made ot! And boy is it GOOD STUFF! :laugh:

Beth - Thanks lady! The race was wonderful :happy: My foot was really sore afterward but totallllly worth it! Sounds like you're doing a good job coming to terms with your emotions by being aware of why you feel the way you do about certain circumstance and situations and at least acknowledging those feelings for what they are. It's really positive that you know you need to work on your own insecurities, totally independent from your relationship, in order to make things the best that they can be. It's definitely a step in the right direction. I know that for me working on my self-esteem and insecurities was a huge part of my weight-loss journey and what I lost in weight I gained back entirely in self-worth, self-confidence and the belief that I deserved everything good that came my way. As I wrote previously, this journey taught me sooo much about what I was capable of and how strong I am -- qualities that I value so much in myself now and have always really admired in others. Feeling positive about myself now has really had a wonderful impact on my relationships with my family and my boyfriend and I know that with time you'll find that, as well. It seems like it's already really rubbing off on your kids too! Seeing a happy, healthy and self-confident mom will definitely have a great impact on kiddos. What other motivation do you need? :happy:

Allie - I saw that yogurt and it looked sooo yum! I notice that in the US you guys have mostly 6oz containers of yogurt, which is awesome because up here they're all 4oz and that's just wayyyy not enough yogurt for a snack - especially of the fat-free variety! Totally not filling at all. I saw the Samoas ice cream, but I have no idea what Samoas ARE (we don't have them here) and I didn't want to risk it. What do they taste like?

K off to the gym today for who knows what, then heading to my mom's office to do some work for her and prep for my interview later this week. Tonight I'm heading out to Oakville ONE LAST TIME (!!!) to help Ty pack up some things and say my goodbyes to that awful apartment once and for all :drinker: WOOOT!

Have a great Tuesday! :heart:
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Tara and Meag>>>>Thank you both soo much..... Yes I did get in my walk. I was just going to do Warrior Hill (its a little less than 2 miles round trip) and its crazy steep (good for the bum!~!) On the way back down I decided to take the PT road back and then a small trail before heading home. It took an hour and ended up almost 4 miles. So I doubled the walk that I put on my list last night!~!~! I told my husband about my lists last night after I was soo proud that I nearly finished yesterdays. Today he came home from PT and asked me if I did the 2 mile walk and the 100 ab reps I wrote on todays list. I said no, sounding completely defeated. He said "Babe, PT time is over!~! how are you going to do it now????" MFP peeps came through again, and I got my butt up and took a walk. ( I even jogged a little~~!~!) Meag, I do think I will make, yet another schedule for my workouts. I belive the problem was rehab. lol... irronic. I was in a good grove with working out before I left, then 6 weeks of "school scheduling" I got out of my routine and got comfortable not working out. Its almost Bikini time, I cant slack off now!~!

Thank you sooo much EVERYONE.... I have the worst head ache EVER, but I feelmuch better about myself and alot less doomed with all of your support. :heart: :heart: :blushing:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Morning all!! Although I am sure its nearing afternoon for most of you.

Meag - so glad to hear that you are doing so well without logging. I know that was a huge issue that you were afraid to relinquish control of but you are doing great!! Glad to hear that your trip to the states went well also!! I :heart: Samoas (Girl Scout cookies with caramel, chocolate, and coconut....yum) but I am not a fan of the ice cream and I :heart: ice cream!! And thank you for the encouragement and kind words!!

Kandace - meeting your goals is definitely being nice to yourself but make sure you are realistic and reasonable about your goals and coach yourself along. I think you will enjoy reaching your goals if the whole process is enjoyable!! :wink:

Allie - glad to hear that your mom was thinking about you when she bought the chocolate. My mom brought home more than our fair share of chocolate and when I told her that I didn't need it, her only response was...I don't either! You can tell how much self control she has. And I like your thinking about your wardrobe...haha!! I have thought about buying this dress I want in a smaller size as motivation but I have also told myself that I don't get any rewards until I actually earn it. We shall see how that goes. And thank you so very much for the extra encouragement!!

Tara - got my yoga booty ballet DVD last night when I got home from work. Not too sure when I will have time to squeeze it in this week but I am determined to do it at least once.

AFM...food hasn't been too bad this week. I think I have decided to take Tara's advice and just focus on food for now. I have just 3 weeks left of school and then I will be done and ready for graduation in June...yaya!! So I am thinking that I will just wait for school to end. And its now baseball season so the kids and I will be attending games as much as possible. Hopefully it will all work out.

Have a great day!!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Hey All. So sorry I have been so MIA the past few days. I know one of my goals was to get more supportive on here again. I have been reading just haven't been able to bring myself to posting. Got myself in a little bit of a funk this weekend. Just beating myself up over the scale which is RIDICULOUS because I am one of the biggest advocates of not believing everything you see on the scale. So frustrating though when you get sucked back in to it. Anyway, its all good I still did some great walks and runs and didn't let myself get totally sucked in to a downward slope over it. Yesterday after some more bad news (just not been a good year for losing people way to young) I almost went home and crawled in to bed and had a pity party, but instead I put on my workout clothes and decided to just go for a long slow run. And believe me it was slow but I wasnt worried about speed I just wanted to get in a 3.5 mile run. It felt so good to just be out on the rail trail in the woods. I had one ear bud in so that I could still hear everything around me and I actually put on a show on my hulu plus app and just listened to it while I ran. It was almost like listening to a book on tape. It was nice to just zone out on some silly show and not worry about my run or my speed or any of the really sad stuff going on in our world.

Woke up this morning and took a nice walk down to work to get some extra hours in and stuff done while the shop is closed. Just enjoying the beautiful weather and taking things one day at a time. I guess thats all we can really ever do.

You ladies as always are a huge inspiration and you are doing an incredible job! Keep up the great work everyone!!!

-Cait
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Kandace- Great job on getting up and doing it. I agree with Tara, lists are awesome! You seem to be doing really well with them. If you want you can always try every other day to do walk/jogs, if you feel like you need to do more/change up your routine. Sometimes when I need a new routine, I get dvds and I love them lol, always make my muscles hurt the next day. I have the 30 day shred and one of the biggest loser dvds, but I do not do them consistently, only when it usually snows or rains or too cold outside. hehe. Shopping was amazing! It has been a long time because I am saving money/don't want to spend money on clothes I will not be using in a month or two. But I have no shirts that actually cling to me, so I feel like a bag lady lol. So I went out and bought 2 pairs of pants, size 12, some capri's and shirts in size medium...which is a new thing for me. Made me happy to see changes I had previously ignored.

Meag-great job on taking a break! Its always needed every once in a while. Yay for Tyler not living in that apt anymore!

Bethany-let me know how that dvd is! I do not usually like to work out at home because I feel like I do not put 100% into it, but there are times when it is raining or snowing or not enough time, so the dvds end up getting me to do something and I usually do get in a good burn. Great job on graduating soon!!! YOu can do it!!!!

Meg- great job on the run. Running with other ppl can be the best because you can help each other out on your strengths and weaknesses. Now that the weather is supposed to be nice, I love running outside. I can be quiet a baby when it comes to freezing cold weather and running. Although it SNOWED TODAY, so I definitely worked out at the gym lol.

Tara-great job and your WI will be great! You can get to your goal before the meeting with the bf parents!!

AFM: Its snowing today! I am happy because its nice, but its not winter anymore, so I want sunshine. I went home over the weekend and actually got to wear short sleeve shirts!!!! No jacket and 80 degree weather, so to come back to this stinks. Even got in a great 40 min run when I was home and got to appreciate the flatness of vegas lol. Because running over here, I always am trying to decide which hill to run up or down lol. Definitely good for training. Also going home is always bad for eating because they never have the food I have, they have tons of junk food too. But I controlled myself but still got dessert in because I know I would never cut it out, I just didn't go overboard. Its a continued learning process and I know I cannot always stay home in the comfort of my own home to eat. Hope everyone has a good week. I am going to hope for some good sunshine weather for this weekend. Running another 5k on May 7th. Super excited.

-Alexis
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Bethany- Sounds like you did a wonderful job managing the difficult day of Easter and the emotions of not being able to see your mom in a while. I miss being able to see my mom as much as well, but I still talk to her on the phone a lot and that helps me- although I know your mom moving puts a lot more than just emotional stress on you. I also like the idea of concentrating on eating right and getting school done then adding the exercise back in.

Meag-I’m so jealous of your shopping trip. I literally have 2 pairs of pants that I can wear to work or just wear in general and I keep trying to find some, but I don’t really like any. Also I don’t want to buy too many things because hopefully they will just be to big again too!! And thank you so much for your kind words! I think this group has really helped me stay motivated and be honest. Its hard to fess up to your faults and the things you lie to yourself about, but I feel like if I can get it out to a group of supportive people who will only help me face my problems and beat them then I can do anything! So thanks for being the creator of all of this!

Kandace- Classic choice of highlighting off the things! LOVE IT! It sounds like you are really finding a system that works for you, and you are pushing yourself a lot lately too! I love all of the hard work you are putting in to make yourself a better person everyday. I hope you look in the mirror and tell yourself what an awesome person you are, because you are and you deserve to hear it!

Allie- oh if I could only be stuck in the 150s- haha, I think I would be just bones if I were that thin, granted I am 5’10” but ya know! It sounds like you have some plans to work on everything and some tools in your toolbox to do it- also so nice of your mom to recognize the effort you are putting in and being supportive of that. I know a lot of people talk about their family not being behind their weight loss efforts so its great that yours are!

Cait- I hope everything is ok! My thoughts and hugs are with you! Just keeping pushing through and remember that its worth it to work on you and make yourself feel good. Keep your head up and we will be here for you when your ready to come back full force!!

Alexis-your 5k is just about a week away! SO EXCITING!! I am planning on doing an all women’s 5k in June which should be so much fun! I hope that I can run the full 3.1 miles without totally dying and this runs with my friend should definitely help with that! Keep up the awesome work!

AFM- Did spin followed by mini-bootcamp per usual. Burned a killer 700 cals. So I get to have a lot of delicious food today! YIPPEE!! But work is still crazy busy! It will be better after about Mid-May and then a bunch of my college girl friends are coming to visit and we are having a mini-reunion. I can’t wait!! Also I should be at over 40lbs lost by then and this will be the first time any of them have EVER seen me this thin! Should be super exciting!! Any who- gotta get back to work but I wanted to respond to all of you lovelies! Have a great day!

Megan
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Meag-I give you a TON of credit for doin that PU challenge again...I dreaded it everyday...but you are killin it already! Thanks for your continued support...with only 4 days left until the end of April, and 8 days left until MY final WI of the month, I am hoping for the best...but of course will take what I get...I have done my part and that's what matters! I can't wait to post our goals for May, this month flew by! Good luck on your adios to Ty's apartment...enjoy!!

Kandace-I love that your hubby is helping keep you accountable to your list!! Maybe if you post it on the fridge everyday it will not only be a constant reminder to stay out of there (unless you are suppossed to be in there) but it will be available for everyone to see so they can ask you what you've done! Awesome job on doubling up your walk and going off the beaten path!

Bethany-I hope you love it like I do, keep me posted! I also hope that focusing JUST on food will help get you back on track and ready for after graduation! get ready....here it comes!

Cait-one day at a time is the trick....I am sad for you that the scale is starting to get to you again...didya end up checking your inches to see how that's lookin?? You are doing such a great job on everything...the scale should be catching up soon...keep your head up!

Alexis-glad you enjoyed your time back in Vegas...the weather has been great (cept for this damn wind!) You don't realize how flat it is out here until you go somewhere else and come back though...I wish I could remember that when I am thinkin of running outside! LOL Good luck on your upcoming 5K if I don't "talk" to you before then :)

AFM-today is suppossed to be a rest day; however, I think that I may be getting cancelled at work (which I reqeusted) and then I will be getting an extra workout tonight to try and help with tomorrow's WI!! that is all for now :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning ladies :bigsmile:

Well.... I'm back to logging and I am determined to log every bite that goes in my mouth. I am really fed up with how easily I can convince myself that random bites here and there are calorie-free. I've become pretty lenient with my logging and tend to leave 150 or so calories every day, but I know that I eat back at least that much and then some in random mouthfuls here and there. I know that I do it totally out of carelessness and not ever because I'm legitimately hungry. It just needs to end. I need to be more honest with myself. So I'm going to log every single bite or sip until the weekend to stay accountable with myself and then I'm going to take the weekend off. I don't want to "cheat" anymore. I'm not cheating anyone but myself.

Going to head up to a spin class today and get in W1D2 of my push-ups. Tonight Tyler's coming over and we're making a sweet chicken, potato and vegetable curry. I tried to politely suggest that we leave out the starchy high-GI potatoes but I ended up having to compromise... Ah well. We're only using about 1/2lbs for 6 servings, so I'll survive. After dinner, Tyler and I are heading to The Casbah Lounge downtown (sweet name, eh?) for a really sweet concert (http://www.songkick.com/concerts/8517601-malajube-at-casbah) to spend some time doing something FUN amidst all the packing, work and life stress. I'm really amped up for it. Definitely feeling in need of a fun night out :bigsmile: Thursday afternoon is my interview with the LCBO and then just 3 more shifts left at work before a little taste of freedom. Still planning to be away May 6-8 in Ottawa but I'll have to see what happens with this LCBO job... A lot is up in the air right now! I also got an email from my old boss (you know, the one who totally screwed me in Feb) asking if I wanted some work May 12/13, so that might come through but I am not holding my breath. He's totally selfish, irresponsible and a major jerk. Just keeping my options open.

Phew! What have you guys been upto?

Tara - Thanks! The push-ups are definitely a love/hate thing. I love how my arms and shoulders look now and I know that push-ups were at least partially responsible for that. But yea, the challenge is ROUGH and I definitely dread it every day. Ah well. Can't love everything I do, I guess. And at least I find some satisfaction with it. Good luck on your end of the month! I know you're going to kill it! :bigsmile: You always blow your goals right out of the water! I'm very excited about May too - I can't wait to recommit myself. I love doing it every month!

Megan - Don't thank me! So many fine ladies have had a part in starting this group and keeping it going. It's such a nice feeling knowing how many people find motivation and inspiration from the others in this network - I'd hate to see it fall dormant. Let's try to keep it active and if you know anyone on MFP looking for added support, please invite them to get active and involved with it. A bunch of ladies that used to be really active on here seem to have moved on to bigger and better things. Hope they are all doing well without us! :happy:

Beth - Those cookies sound too good to be true... Probably a good thing that I stuck with the Thin Mints, though. I know it's going to be phenomenal! I just wish I didn't have a whole tub of it in my freezer right now. Soooo tempting! Also very psyched about baseball!! Do you guys normally go to the local amateur games or the MLB ones? I wish we had a local team in Hamilton but I'm stuck commuting into Toronto if I want to hit up a game. It's a bit expensive with the travel, tickets, and everything else, so I tend to only go a few times a year. Hope you guys make the most of it and enjoy the season! What a great way to spend time together :bigsmile:

OK I better get my *kitten* in gear... Spin starts at noon and I need to get these push-ups in first! Have a great Wednesday ladies :drinker:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Hump day all!! :bigsmile: This thread seems to be moving at a snail's pace lately so I am trying to comment more than normal.

Cait - very sorry to hear of your loss!! :ohwell: Its always hard to lose someone but especially when you know they should have had so much more life to live. But many props to you for getting out there and running despite the news. I would have definitely used it as an excuse for that day and many days to come so great job!!! And yes...just one day at a time. We are not promised tomorrow and yesterday is already in the past so savor today and what you have. Don't worry about things out of your control but focus on the things you can. You are doing great girly!! :flowerforyou:

Alexis - Thats one thing that I will have to look forward to soon...trips to my mama's house. Glad you were able to find some stability while you were there and outside of your food comfort zone.

Megan - killer workout yesterday!! Your mini-reunion sounds like so much fun!! And it will be great and rewarding to see the look's on your friend's faces when they see all of your hard work. :noway:

Tara - Although I had agreed to hold off on the workouts, I think I'm gonna pop in the DVD and try it out. I am sure I will like it but I think it may give me the extra push I need to get my workouts in.

Meag - Luckily they only sell Girl Scout cookies once a year otherwise I would need to be sneaking in extra workouts all of the time. Although they are a bit pricey and I'm frugal, like you, so I wouldn't buy them year-round even if they were available so I guess it all works out. And we actually live just 10 minutes from Angels stadium so we go to MLB games all season long. I can usually find tickets for just a few dollars each. Then I will pack our dinner and snacks. The most expensive part of the whole thing is the parking which is $10. Both of my kids (6 and 3) are die-hard Angels fans so we are all looking forward to the season.

AFM...today is going to be a bad food day. I have already come to terms with it and maybe tonight will be the night that I squeeze in that Yoga Booty ballet DVD. The boyfriend pencilled me in for tonight so that means at least one beer with him in the late night hours. Maybe I will manage to run outside and burn some more. On my drive into work this morning, the weather was already 60 so it will be a gorgeous day!!

Have a splendid day all!!!
  • finncmh
    Options
    Alexis- Sounds like you enjoyed your trip home! I am def hoping for more sunshine as well! I have a 5k that weekend also! Super excited for it!

Megan- I almost laughed when you were talking about pants because I know EXACTLY the struggle you are doing through. Just think about all the great end result clothes though! I love feeling more and more comfortable in my clothes as my body shape slowly keeps changing. You are going to do great on your 5k! Its crazy what a difference running in a race is verse training. The adrenaline and excitement of everyone around you really gets you pumped. Just enjoy the experience and use it as a starting point for future races!

Tara- this month TOTALLY flew by! Thanks for your kind words. Honestly I haven’t checked my measurements again. I have this silly fear that they aren’t going to be any smaller. Its silly I know, but my plan is to do it this week. Thanks!

Meag- I hope the logging thing helps ease some of your anxiety. I was so excited to see how empowered you were the past few days about not logging and maintenance. You WILL get the hang of this! I know you will. Like I always say just one day at a time. You have come so far and been so good to yourself while losing and getting healthier I would hate to see you beat yourself up so much during maintenance! Enjoy yourself lady- you deserve it!

Guam- thanks hun! It is hard when someone is so young but it just has to make us realize how important each day is. When I used to live in Sand Diego as a kid we used to live right up the hill from the stadium there. It was so much fun to go there for events or even just watch fireworks and stuff from above the stadium! Sounds like a great way to get in some quality family time!

AFM- still just trucking along. Got in a full lifting/strength session in the gym yesterday. Lifting has been the one thing I have really been slacking on the past month and a half. I think I just burned myself out on it, but now that I am back in to the running I am ready to find a nice balanced schedule with the two! A little sore today but not too bad feels SOOO good!!! YAY! Other than that not too much. My may 5k is a week and a half away which is cool. Happy hump day all!

-Cait
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Hi there, folks!! It's been cray-cray here with school and weather these past few days, so I haven't had much time to post... But now I do have time! So here we are.

Megan-- that is SO awesome about your college girlfriend reunion. I bet they're going to be shocked!! Good for you on losing 40 pounds. That's my end goal, 40 pounds, and you are helping me realize it's possible! I love days where I burn a ton of calories and get to eat all the food I want with no guilt.

Tara -- I hope your weigh in went well!! I know they say rest days are important, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a little heart rate elevation every day.

Meag -- Man, hardcore ups to you for doing the push up challenge. I couldn't imagine. And I bet you're going to have SO much fun with Tyler tonight on your outing. It sounds like a blast!! Everyone needs a break from stress and pressure sometimes, and it sounds like this is the perfect thing.

Cait -- I just added some strength training into my regiment too. I'm a little scared because I definitely prefer cardio to strength training, but we'll see how it goes.

AFM -- I have been stressed to the max these past few days. But my big big project was due last night and I think it went pretty well!! The weather here in the deep south has been out of control! Tornadoes and severe thunderstorms and almost 10 inches of rain have kept me from my C25K running, which really, really sucks. I hate/can't run on treadmills because, no matter what I do, I end up with shin splints. So I bought Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on sale on Amazon the other day, and did day 1 of that today to try to get a burn in. Oh. My. Gosh. That woman means business! I'm supposed to do it every day, and since it's only 25 minutes it's not a big time commitment, but it's also really important to me to keep doing the C25K thing once the weather clears. I've never really finished anything in my life in terms of an exercise commitment, so finishing C25K would be HUGE for me. I'm going to try to do both the 30DS and C25K tomorrow to test it out. Here's to hoping I wont die! :laugh:
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around yet today. Its been busy- 3 hr marathon meeting- ugh- and kind of a down day. I was exiting my front door to head to the gym bright and early this morning, when I stepped down wrong and some how managed to roll my ankle:( It has been hurting me pretty much all day, but it's not that swollen, I think I just mainly bruised the side of my foot. Needless to say I did not work out today and I will be wrapping and icing my ankle all this evening. I am going to stop by the drug store to pick up a compression sleeve and hopefully it will keep it from not getting too swollen and not side lining me for too long. I am going to be sure not to push myself and make it worse, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a much better feeling ankle in the morning. Any ways just wanted to do a kick drop by. I will try and reply to all of you wonderful ladies later, but chances are I will be relaxing and being cranky since I wasn't able to get my workout in.

Megan
  • finncmh
    Options
    Shannon- I LOVE LOVE LOVE strength. It is such a good way to burn extra calories. With lifting your body continues to burn the calories for hours and hours after your workout as the muscles repair themselves. I love me some good Jillian when I need my butt kicked!

Just a word of caution with stuff like her 30 days shred. I myself cannot do it every day in a row- it is way too much on my knees and joints. I have known quite a few people who have injured themselves because they did it every day. In reality for any lifting/strength exercise you should give yourself at least a days break before doing the same exercise again (thats not to say you cant be running or doing other things on the days in between). Thats the one thing that really rubs me the wrong way about the 30DS its marketed in a way that makes people think they should do it every day for 30 days- that really just isnt healthy for your body.

Maybe the best way to ease in to the strength and still get in good days of running/c25k would be to alternate. Depending on your schedule you could do 3 days of 30DS alternating with 3 days a week of running giving yourself one rest day. Or ease in to it with your 3 days a week of running and throw in 2 days of the 30ds with 2 days of rest. Just go with the flow of it and you will figure it out. I have even known people who do the 30DS 3 days a week and each day they do a different level. Just some ideas for ya cause I think she has some really great exercises and its a great way to push yourself if you only have a little bit of time!

In the words of one of our wise vets "Just my $0.02"

-Cait