5'2 125

Options
13»

Replies

• ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", as well and my goal is 123. That is on the small side for me, but I set that as my goal at my doctor's direction. I was 135 before having my last two children and thought that was a good size but was more muscular then. I think your build, age, etc. have a lot to do with "ideal weight". Good luck - you look great!! :smile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Thank you. I know I should be focused on body fat % right now, but dont I have to burn the extra fat to lower than percentage?

You also should incorporate strength training to build muscle. When you just do cardio at a caloric deficit, you will lose muscle as well. So, adding strength training at a deficit will help maintain your muscles which will allow the body fat % to decrease.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your personal body shape/type. I'm 5'2" and 125 lbs is the max weight in my personal range...I look and feel much more comfortable around 117. But, my best friend is 5'0" and she looks way too skinny if she goes below 125, and she's 2 inches shorter than me! The difference? 2 totally different body types. So, don't base it on what the charts or other people say, based it on your BMI, body fat % and how you feel about yourself. Weight on the scale is nothing more than a number...
  • Champda
    Champda Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you! I think this whole discussion is not healthy.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 1/2". A few years ago I weighted 142 and was a size 4, so it's really hard to say. Maybe it'll be more beneficial to figure out what size you want to be (measurements wise) instead of weight wise. Since I've been on this site I went from 189 (size 16-ish) to 173 (size 12-ish). My goal is to be back into a size. So for me, being a size 6 or 8 is ideal, but I'm not sure what that equates to on the scale.

Even at 142, I was still considered "overweight" based on the BMI scale, but whatever... size 4 isn't overweight in my eyes.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Even at 142, I was still considered "overweight" based on the BMI scale, but whatever... size 4 isn't overweight in my eyes.

The problem is that "Size 4" is just so darn arbitrary. I have a pair of size 4 jeans that I wore a decade ago when I weighed about 120 (I'm about 5' 3"). They were huge on me when I first bought them but I cannot even try to squeeze into them now and they finally went into the giveaway pile at my bi-annual clothing switch last week. I have size 4 pants that I've bought in the past few years that fit just fine at 130-135 lbs. Seems to me that the clothing manufacturers are making the sizes bigger, probably to make us feel like we're smaller than we actually are, as a population.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 1/2". A few years ago I weighted 142 and was a size 4, so it's really hard to say. Maybe it'll be more beneficial to figure out what size you want to be (measurements wise) instead of weight wise. Since I've been on this site I went from 189 (size 16-ish) to 173 (size 12-ish). My goal is to be back into a size. So for me, being a size 6 or 8 is ideal, but I'm not sure what that equates to on the scale.

No it isnt but for me, I can be a 12 at one store and a comfortable 8 at another.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think this whole discussion is not healthy.

??
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It all depends n your body!! I'm 5'2 and my goal is 130.. I believe it depends in your body type! I was 183 and a size 12 and now I'm 164 and a size 8 so it's hard to say!! Do what's ight for you, but I'd be happy with a lower body fat than weight!!!
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 130. I was shooting for 125 but I am pretty happy at this weight. I am going to tone up and go from there. I have lost too much of my already little girls and feel if I keep losing, I will look like a prepubescent girl!
    Why isn't there a way for me to take my thighs and bum and use them for my top half?
  • hubbardmm
    hubbardmm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 130. I think that 120-130 depending on your shape is a healthy goal! Hope that helps!
    Look at a BMI chart 130 for your hight is over weight by a little i think
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!