for all you people who think you can choose fast food health

Options
...youre doing yourself a disservice.. .why even bother? between this and the fact that nuggets arent even meat...your insides hate you and the scale will never be your friend.

http://foodfacts.com/food/Salads/McDonald's Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken /6049

Replies

• TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Second that!!!! ♥
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Oh and it gets much worse than that if you keep researching ... ICK!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    A M E N !! ! ! ! ! ! ! I have not been near a fast food joint in 7 months, since the day I started----I will never be near one again---best part----my kids and husband have stayed away too. Its all about proper planning.
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat fast food other than subway, it is most always a salad and i try to beware of the crap they put in the salads LOL... yes it is ridiculous every item always 700+ calories...
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I am very proud to say that i havent gotten a wendys/mcdonalds/burger king/taco bell type of food in a while. I cant even remember which i used to at least once a week. I do still go out to eat probably once a week which isnt that much better but it is a huge improvement from eating out everyday.
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Definitely a no-go...I checked my 'fave' meal from McDonald's. It's not all that huge of a meal, but it's 932 calories!!! So not worth it!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I used to be a fast food lover - I mean, it's so easy and.. well, FAST!

Now, the mere thought of it makes me want to vomit. I haven't eaten any kind of fast food in a really long time (not even Subway!). Between articles I've read about what's in the food to watching shows on tv that show what happens behind the counter at these places, ick. It disgusts me.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Amen to that my friend!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    so true

idk how many times I've heard "we'll go to carls jr and you can get the turkey burger it's only 500 calories"...I roll my eyes every time.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Fast food is something I prepare in my kitchen and then eat on for a few days like extra grilled chicken, or a nice crockpot dish. I have not eaten 'fast food' for at least three years.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as healthy fast food.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I still will randomly get my spicey chicken from wendys :):)
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Not to tip the apple cart, but my thought is:

1. If you find the food disgusting, dont eat it.
    2. If you dont find the food disgusting, limit to once a week or once every two weeks in moderation. When you want a Wendys burger, there is no substitute, and denying yourself will lead to long term failure.

Best thing to do is to fully educate yourself on the facts of fast food, and make your own informed decision.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i cant stand fast food. i only get diet soda and every great once in awhile (when traveling so there isnt much choice) I will order grilled chicken sandwhich plain and take the bun off or do a salad without bad crap on it....basically lettuce lol.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Thanks to MFP I've eaten fast food maybe twice in the last three months! I used to eat it several days a week and I have NO idea how. I had Taco Bell a couple weekends ago and it was so gross. I thought I was "treating" myself to it, but it was an awful treat haha. I don't even eat Subway because I can't control the amount of mayo. I swear you say "light" and they purposely put more than usual just to screw with you.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    ugh definetly, it's a rare occassion for me and it's usually dunkin donuts if that's considered fast food, i used to eat it all time now I can't even fathom eating at places like that... it's gross!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im so glad i found people who agree - i just saw a thread here somewhere the other day where people were defending their favorite fast food joint by saying oh this and that isnt bad at all...seriously. dont try to defend your fatty goodness. admit it's bad for you, eat it if youre having a craptastic day and move on but dont tell me it's healthy.

i shudder to thikn at the harm i did to my kids before i really started researching... :(
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for sharing this

I will be doing more research on this site!!!!!!!!!!
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Not to tip the apple cart, but my thought is:

1. If you find the food disgusting, dont eat it.
    2. If you dont find the food disgusting, limit to once a week or once every two weeks in moderation. When you want a Wendys burger, there is no substitute, and denying yourself will lead to long term failure.

Best thing to do is to fully educate yourself on the facts of fast food, and make your own informed decision.

Agreed. I still love Wendy's but I haven't had it in several months. Sometime, after a good day of working out, I'm going to get myself a Wendy's single with everything on it.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    If I 'want' a burger I make it myself.... Just sayin' I don't need to go to Wendy's (or other)...
This discussion has been closed.