Essential Rules for Fitness & Weightloss

Options
13»

Replies

• Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't allow others to sabotage your efforts or lifestyle change.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    MEASURE!
    Measure everything that passes your lips
    Measure your exercise and the associated extra calories
    Measure your progress
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If it's not working - you must make changes until you find what works for you!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Have motivation!!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I know me best, so I figured out the exercise that I WOULD do versus what I WOULDN'T do and the best lifestyle diet change for me. The Dr. Oz plan is what I chose versus Atkins, Weight Watchers, etc. So far, slowly I go with the weight loss, but I feel I can live with these changes for the rest of my life! = D
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You will not regret exercising ; you will, however regret NOT doing it!

No fast food!

Always look up the nutritional info for a restaurant you are going to so you can plan ahead to make the best choice.

This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle be sure to enjoy your favorite things in moderation
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself if you mess up. Identify the cause(s), vow to do better, and move on.
  • miss_dreamer
    miss_dreamer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you find it difficult to find the motivation to exercise, i find purposefully fidgeting works. Might sound a bit strange but if you aren't very active, like sitting at a desk all day, fidgeting keeps you moving in some shape or form, every little helps. :) For example cross and uncross your ankles regularly, i did that during a 3 hour University lecture, i really felt it in my legs afterwards!
  • steve4580
    steve4580 Posts: 32
    Options
    Failing to plan is planning to fail.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    weight train
  • matt93312
    matt93312 Posts: 4
    Options
    Calories in... calories out.

Don't get too caught up in Atkins, South Beach, Lemonade, etc. Control your calorie intake and exercise at least three days per week. You will find that you naturally begin to crave the nutrients you need to stay healthy.

Eat foods as close to the way God made them as possible. Fruit, lean meat, yogurt, oatmeal are all low cal and filling.

Check calories BEFORE you eat and you will have no regrets.

Buy a wardrobe that fits. As you shrink, people will notice and give you compliments. Compliments are the fuel to reach your final goal.